DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if there was any evidence of others being involved the prosecutor would charge them in a heartbeat.
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Police theory all alone was that others were involved. Now defense is alleging two relatives of DW were present.
Is prosecution going to argue that they were not? Do these relatives have any sort of an alibi?

I think we have to wait until we have all testimonial evidence.

I have confidence the prosecutor is perfectly capable of refuting whatever the defense may claim by entering testimony and other evidence.

This trial is to take a few more weeks is it not? I think it's best to wait until all evidence is entered by both sides. Jmo

Dear Oceanblueeyes,

As far as I know, this trial will take another few weeks.

I agree that the evidence from this trial will answer questions.

Until we hear more evidence, I have nothing to add.

Usually at the end of the day, the reporters complete their daily updates.

Usually Paul Wagner takes over from Melanie Alnwick in the afternoons.

I haven't seen any reporting on this trial today from him yet.

I just wanted to include his verified twitter account because he usually does attend in the afternoons.

Paul Wagner (@Fox5Wagner) | Twitter
I missed him during last week's podcast!

I think if there was any evidence of others being involved the prosecutor would charge them in a heartbeat.
I think the Prosecutor will wait to arrest AFTER Wint is convicted or accepts a plea deal and decides to cooperate.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Police theory all alone was that others were involved. Now defense is alleging two relatives of DW were present.
Is prosecution going to argue that they were not? Do these relatives have any sort of an alibi?

Did the state say that in their opening statements?That the evidence will show others were involved with Wint in the actual kidnapping..torture and the 4 murders? Alleging something without supporting evidence isnt evidence. There is a reason jurors are told to weigh the Evidence.

Do they have an alibi? I don't have any idea. The trial has weeks to go.

If the state doesn't call these two then the defense certainly will imo. It certainly is their legal right to do and imo they would be remiss in their duties if they did not do so. They are the ones claiming it was really his two brothers.

The jury will expect them to put forth supporting evidence of those claims. Jurors know anyone can make a claim about anything. They see defense attorneys make claims of some kind often and so do we. SODDI is a very common claim used by defense attorneys. Absence of evidence of any involvement isn't going to cut it..imo. DWs DNA is there and the claim is the other 2 did everything bad...where is their DNA? Logically it should be there even more so than DW...since they are trying to say all he did was eat pizza.

Imo

Last edited:
Reactions: IDK
Defense will call them? Defense is accusing them, I don't see the men agreeing to testify unless they are ready to confess (which presumably will happen when pigs fly). Prosecution called JW as a witness for the prosecution which obviously means prosecution believes JW is innocent.
I am not sure what prosecution is going to do regarding DW's brothers? Is prosecution going to argue brothers were not there, or not?

Thank you so much @Harmony 2 for providing the above verified links on page one of this thread.

You are always greatly appreciated!

Imo I imagine that DW has sat in jail for 3 years and amused himself by refusing to give LE a word of info.

But now at trial no reason to withhold anymore so he just tells the truth about his co-conspirators IMO. I mean if he wants to falsely accuse someone of involvement, why would he pick his own brothers?

As to leadership, I imagine DW in a more primary role since he has past connection to victim SS and history of absurd violent streak. MOO speculation

Well, he is apparently blaming the brothers instead of him, somehow he was lured in just to eat pizza while his relatives allegedly committed the crime? That's a bizarre defense if I ever heard one.

Yeah his claims about who played what role are self-serving and not credible .... but I still figure the guys he says were there probably really were IMO

I think the Prosecutor will wait to arrest AFTER Wint is convicted or accepts a plea deal and decides to cooperate.
Defense will call them? Defense is accusing them, I don't see the men agreeing to testify unless they are ready to confess (which presumably will happen when pigs fly). Prosecution called JW as a witness for the prosecution which obviously means prosecution believes JW is innocent.
I am not sure what prosecution is going to do regarding DW's brothers? Is prosecution going to argue brothers were not there, or not?

It's not their call or choice.. They can be called as witnesses by the defense just like it has happened in other cases when even hostile witnesses were subpoenaed by the defense to testify in their CIC.

However I do believe before the state rests their CIC..they will call his two brothers to testify how he made contact with them after leaving the crime scene and what transpired during the time he was on the lam with them. and before his arrest.

I think the state will call his girlfriend as well unless she has already been called and I missed it. Plus they may have some surprise witnesses we haven't heard about.

Jmo

Dear Oceanblueeyes,

I agree that D.W.'s girlfriend will be called to testify.

Her testimony will be quite interesting and I have a feeling we haven't missed it. I believe that the reporters will be sure we are made aware of this testimony.

I also agree that there may be "surprise witnesses we haven't heard about."

Excerpt from news article (below):

"Wint took a bus to New York, possibly to Penn Station, though the girlfriend did not have information on his mode of transportation, law enforcement sources said. The sources said the girlfriend cooperated with investigators -- not fully, but "close enough."

Video Shows Feds, NYPD Raid Home of Mansion Murder Suspect's Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member