GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Melanie Alnwick’s Fox 5DC Facebook page- even more details!!

“#MansionMurders afternoon update: Daron Wint’s fiancée testifies.

32 year old Vanessa Hayes was a reluctant witness, often speaking through whispers, sniffles, and a clutch of tissues. She was also granted immunity for her testimony.

She says she met in Daron Wint in 2013 he saw a picture of her on Facebook. They began talking over the Internet.

She knew in 2015 he was not working. Hayes said she visited once at his mom's house where Steffon lived and was then played the two recordings of an angry Daron saying “this isn't over yet,” and “if I gotta go, then they’re going with me.” Those recordings were made after Daron was kicked out of Steffon’s apartment. Hayes confirmed they were calls to her.

She said at one point Daron had a cell phone that Steffon had given him, but it stopped working. He mainly used the house phone in the apartment. Hayes said in 2015 she was working at a restaurant in NYC and would sometimes speak to him over the phone there.

Hayes confirmed all of the Facebook messages that have already been introduced that she and Daron exchanged - where she tried to reach him during the time of the kidnappings but he didn’t answer her.

When she had not heard from Daron on the 13th and 14th she called his sister in Maryland who had not heard from him. His sister in Guyana also called to ask if she had spoken with Daron.

Hayes testified she finally heard from Daron on the evening of the 14th and he asked if her phone could be traced--she told him she thought it could.

She confirmed he sent her a picture of two iPhones---the next day--the 15th , and that he told her he sold the phones for 700 dollars. There was no explanation of where the phones came from. Hayes was shown receipt for legal fees for $1100 cash and confirmed Daron sent her a picture of it. When she asked him where he got the money for it he told her he hit the lottery for two thousand dollars.

When Daron Wint showed up in New York on May 17, he had two bags with him. He was flush with cash.

Daron took her to dinner---paid with $100 dollar bills, gave her money to put on her credit card, bought her new shoes and what appeared to her to be a new iPhone.
On May 19th she says Daron used cash to buy $200 dollars in lottery scratch offs and gave her an envelope with what turned out to be $1500 dollars in cash. Hayes testified that she later turned that money over to the police along with a lap top Daron brought with him.

On the 20th, Hayes said they were watching the news when Daron's picture flashed on the screen. She says she jumped out of bed and Daron looked shocked. He called his father and while talking with his father, a detective got on the phone to say there was a warrant for his arrest for murder. At that point Daron grabbed a bag and the two went to a hotel that Daron paid for in cash. During the hotel say Daron put on a gray hoodie. Hayes said she noticed the hoodie had a red stain on it. Daron told her that he fell while running from the cops and cut himself.

The next morning Vanessa Hayes took Daron Wint to a taxi stand.

On cross-examination, public defender Judith Pipe asked Vanessa about Daron's reaction to seeing his picture on TV-- “I said Dillion thats you!!! “ (she called him Dillion) Hayes said he looked like he was shocked and asked for the phone to call his father. He never confessed.

Pipe asked if Daron asked her to lie. Hayes said no. She said that night, Daron did not want to turn himself in without a lawyer. She told Pipe when she put Daron into the taxi he asked her to call 911 to say he was on his way back to Maryland. “On the 14th when you first heard from him, how did he sound?” Pipe asked. “He sounded normal”, she said.

On re-direct Assistant US Attorney Laura Bach asked Vanessa if she had spoken with Daron since his arrest. She said yes, over the phone. “Did you know those calls were recorded?”, Bach asked. “Yes,” replied Hayes.

Next to take the stand was a woman named Chelsea Nunez.

Nunez testified she was with two of her friends when Darrell Wint, who she has known for awhile, recruited her to purchase money orders at a CVS and Rite Aid at a shopping center in suburban Maryland. Nunez said Darrell handed over hundreds of dollars in $100 bills, but Nunez could not buy the money orders because she did not have an ID. It wasn’t clear in court who actually purchased the money orders that were found in the box truck upon Daron’s arrest. Nunez she did say that Darrell was in line at one point to buy some and was asked if he was trying to hide his face. Nunez said she wasn’t sure, but didn't think so. Darrell told her the money orders were to hire a lawyer. Nunez said had she known otherwise she wouldn't have taken part.

At some point Nunez and her two girlfriends drove off in her mother’s car, and met up with Darrell later at a hotel in College Park. At some point, Nunez said the three were told to get into a car and follow Darrell in a truck. As they were about to pull off, Nunez said, suddenly Daron stepped in to the car and sat in the right rear. He called himself Jason. She said she had never seen him before.

They then drove off down Rhode Island avenue when Nunez testified that Darrell called to say “be cool, the cops are following us”. Then, chaos. Nunez recalled that suddenly a car blocked the truck and another car quickly started reversing toward her. A third car pulled up to block the driver door of her car and a fourth blocked the passenger side. A marked cruiser then jumped the island and came toward them .She says laser lights were all over her chest. "It's okay. They are here for me, don't worry,” said Daron - according to Nunez’s recollection.

She said Daron was in a gray sweat suit with a hoodie. Pipe asked Nunez what Darrell told her outside the cars during the stop--she said Darrell said he had talked to the Marshal and that everything would be alright.

Defense attorney Pipe asked Nunez about a loyalty card found in her wallet for the Autobahn, the same place that Jordan Wallace worked when he first met Savvas and Philip Savopolous. Nunez said a former boyfriend loved the place and they went often. She says she never met Jordon Wallace. Fox 5 DC”

Just what I copied/pasted...

I'm sorry. What??? I don't know what you mean. ???? I have never had any intentions of sleuthing others nor have I ever said to slueth his family members or anyone else for that matter.

This was trial testimony where his brother said he had contacted DW to tell him about available work he could possible do.

Jmo
OP is newbie, and probably didn't understand your post. No worries here, carry on and thanks for your valuable updates...

MANSION-MURDER-SUSPECT-WINT-EX-FIANCE_1538519092843_6146290_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

(L) Vanessa Hayles, former fiance of Mansion Murders suspect Daron Wint (L) Daron Wint, suspect in the murders of Savvas and Amy Savopoulos, their son Phillip, and housekeeper Vera Figueroa.

Hayles testified Wint came to New York with a lot of cash -- all in one hundred dollar bills. He told her won the money in the lottery.

They went to dinner, he bought her an iPhone, new shoes and gave her cash to put on her credit card.

On the evening of may 20th, they were watching the news at Hayles' New York home, when suddenly they saw Wint's picture flash on the screen. Hayles says she jumped out of bed and Wint looked shocked.
Mansion Murders Trial: Former fiance, brother-in-law of suspect Daron Wint speak before the jury

Still no photo of SW... keep looking.

Defense attorney Pipe asked Nunez about a loyalty card found in her wallet for the Autobahn, the same place that Jordan Wallace worked when he first met Savvas and Philip Savopolous. Nunez said a former boyfriend loved the place and they went often. She says she never met Jordon Wallace. Fox 5 DC”

Here’s another cameo from the infamous JW. He’s too “connected” for my liking

I had a membership card to a fitness club at the same time the murderer known as Fred Tokars had one. It was the only fitness club in the area at the time. And we most likely frequented the same Publix and Drug Emporium...but I did not know him.

I had a membership card to a fitness club at the same time the murderer known as Fred Tokars had one. It was the only fitness club in the area at the time. And we most likely frequented the same Publix and Drug Emporium...but I did not know him.
Idk who Fred Tokars is but if you dropped off 40 cash to him at the scene of a horrific crime I’d definitely suspect you. Sorry.
And this is just my opinion, I’m obviously not a trained investigator so you have nothing to worry about...

Idk who Fred Tokars is but if you dropped off 40 cash to him at the scene of a horrific crime I’d definitely suspect you. Sorry.
And this is just my opinion, I’m obviously not a trained investigator so you have nothing to worry about...

We all have our opinions... Fred, a well known attorney, hired a hitman who hired a hitman to kill his wife.
Maybe someone hired DW...or as Attorney Stein insinuated in court, maybe someone hired DarrW who enlisted DW to help kill some folks...or just eat pizza.

And what did JW get out of it?
It appears, based on the money DW gave to VH and spent in NY and found in the truck and CN’s Car, it’s close to 40k...

JMO...

And what did JW get out of it?
It appears, based on the money DW gave to VH and spent in NY and found in the truck and CN’s Car, it’s close to 40k...

JMO...
Snipped.

I agree. The $40K has pretty much been accounted for, and DW had it. If JW were involved, what was his payoff? We don't have any evidence that JW benefited from the crime.

jmo

@Inthedetails It’s actually Melanie Alnwick’s FB post

In opening statements, defense attorney Jeffrey Stein alleged Daron had the victims’ 2 white iPhones because Derrell had given them to him as payment for his help & the minivan.

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC
So no evidence - just the opening statement from the defense team?

I'm not buying that story unless evidence is presented to support it. I think DW stole the phones from AS and SS himself and didn't receive them as "payment" from his brother.

jmo

So no evidence - just the opening statement from the defense team?

I'm not buying that story unless evidence is presented to support it. I think DW stole the phones from AS and SS himself and didn't receive them as "payment" from his brother.

jmo
That’s why I said he “claims”. The fool actually admits to possessing them which is evidence enough IMO

How many Autobahn loyalty cards are there floating around the area? Thousands?

@Inthedetails It’s actually Melanie Alnwick’s FB post

In opening statements, defense attorney Jeffrey Stein alleged Daron had the victims’ 2 white iPhones because Derrell had given them to him as payment for his help & the minivan.

Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC

If the defense team has him ADMITTING that he accepted payment, in stolen items from the murdered victims, in exchange for his 'help' ----isnt that an admission of GUILT in a quadruple murder?

Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander
Today’s key testimony from brother of defendant Daron Wint in trial of quadruple murders of wealthy Washington family, housekeeper. #MansionMurders

5:34 PM - 1 Oct 2018

The man who defense attys say planned and carried out quadruple murders of wealthy DC family, housekeeper takes witness stand, repeatedly denies involvement. #Savopoulos. #MansionMurders.

5:01 AM - 2 Oct 2018

Brother-in-law of #DaronWint testifies that Wint showed him $1,200 in cash (all $100 bills) at the gym, a day after the quadruple killings when $40k in $100 bills was paid as ransom by victim. #MansionMurders
8:21 AM - 2 Oct 2018

In first show of emotion during 4 week trial in quadruple murders, Daron Wint wipes tears from his face as ex-girlfriend tearfully testifies of him giving her $$ he told her he won via lottery when he met her in New York. Courtroom clerk passes Wint 2 tissues. #MansionMurders
10:51 AM - 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member