GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ yes and this is also where those deleted pictures from DW’s phone would come in! He can only take pics of where he is! Were they pics of the poor, suffering victims being tortured in their own home, or pics of their valuables, or of DW dressed up in AS’s clothes, or what?

Those pics and their timestamps, if recoverable, would show just where he was & what he was doing on those days. So where are they, and why are they being brought up if they’re not able to be seen ? Odd!

The state would be remiss in their duties if 6they had not brought this evidence before the jury.

The jury will be the one to decide what it shows and what weigh to give it.

Whether the photos were recovered or not doesnt matter. There have been other cases where the FBI weren't able to recover deleted photos or video.

What will matter to the jury imo is this monster was documenting his evil deeds when he was holding his innocent victims inside of their home.

I think Wint did unspeakable acts against them...especially little Philip and took photos as it was happening. Something so heinous that he knew he had to set Philip's body on fire in order to hide them.

He wasn't taking photos of their possessions. He knew he was going to try his best to burn down their beautiful home. He wasn't there for their possessions.

Imo

Last edited:
  1. Meagan Fitzgerald‏Verified account @MeaganNBCDC 1h1 hour ago
    NEW: Closing arguments from the defense and prosecution in #MansionMurders trial have ended. The jury now has the case and deliberations are underway. Darron Wint’s fate is officially in their hands. @nbcwashington
  2. Meagan Fitzgerald‏Verified account @MeaganNBCDC 2h2 hours ago
    Defense told jury Daron Wint’s cell phone was searched, never looked up address to Woodland Dr. Defense asked,did Daron’s brothers look up Woodland Dr? Did they have connection to fam assistant Jordan Wallace? You don’t know bc gov’t didn’t investigate. Saying reason to doubt
  3. Meagan Fitzgerald‏Verified account @MeaganNBCDC 2h2 hours ago
    Defense finishes closing arguments-trying to give jurors several reasons to doubt Daron Wint is guilty.Pressing fact that his brother’s phones were never forensically analyzed, no video confirms story of their whereabouts on day of and after #MansionMurders

1. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 59m59 minutes ago
    Prosecutor in #MansionMurders trial: “it is not reasonable doubt if there are questions you can’t answer.” And about Daron Wint’s testimony: “Anyone on the jury who thinks what that man said is true, go ahead & acquit him.” @fox5dc
  2. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 1h1 hour ago
    The jury in the #MansionMurders trial now has the case. @fox5dc
  3. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 2h2 hours ago
    Defense in #MansionMurders trial claims crime scene was contaminated, and that Daron Wint acted innocent when he came back to DC to turn himself in. Prosecutor about to make final statements. #MansionMurders @fox5dc
  4. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 3h3 hours ago
    Public defender Judith Pipe said gov’ts failure to fully investigate Steffon Wint & Darrell Wint should leave jury with reason to doubt. “If that makes you pause & hesitate... then you must find Daron Wint not guilty.” @fox5dc #MansionMurders
  5. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 3h3 hours ago
    Defense tells jury that gov’t is lying to them - saying the victims clothing showed #MansionMurders break-in happened earlier than 3pm. Claims prosecution hid video showing Wint’s blue minivan in Hyattsville parking lot. (1/2) @fox5dc

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 3h3 hours ago
Defense tells jury that gov’t is lying to them - saying the victims clothing showed #MansionMurders break-in happened earlier than 3pm. Claims prosecution hid video showing Wint’s blue minivan in Hyattsville parking lot. (1/2) @fox5dc
Snipped

The van questions continue to haunt me!!! What video showing the van in Hyattsville parking lot?!?!

Doesn't matter. He's guilty and I hope the jury sees that.

But what the heck about the dang van!?!

jmo

Snipped

The van questions continue to haunt me!!! What video showing the van in Hyattsville parking lot?!?!

Doesn't matter. He's guilty and I hope the jury sees that.

But what the heck about the dang van!?!

jmo

Bach showed a video yesterday of the parking lot at La Fountainebleue. An employee (I can't remember her name right now)testified that she and another coworker saw DW pacing in the parking lot, and they had an uneasy feeling about him. DW testified that he was in the parking lot after having his van towed there, and he was walking around looking for a wifi signal to call Vanessa. When he testified, he pointed to the area in the parking lot where his van was left by the tow truck driver. In the video that Bach showed, you see the employees cars leaving the lot, and you see the area where DW said his van was parked, but there is no sign of the van in the video. I'm not sure what the defense is arguing about this - maybe that the prosecution didn't show the whole lot in the video or they intentionally omitted footage of the van?

ETA - there is also footage in the video of the Porsche speeding in from the "shortcut" area of the parking lot, towards the back of the shopping center (and away from the camera)

Last edited:
The state would be remiss in their duties if 6they had not brought this evidence before the jury.

The jury will be the one to decide what it shows and what weigh to give it.

Whether the photos were recovered or not doesnt matter. There have been other cases where the FBI weren't able to recover deleted photos or video.

What will matter to the jury imo is this monster was documenting his evil deeds when he was holding his innocent victims inside of their home.

I think Wint did unspeakable acts against them...especially little Philip and took photos as it was happening. Something so heinous that he knew he had to set Philip's body on fire in order to hide them.

He wasn't taking photos of their possessions. He knew he was going to try his best to burn down their beautiful home. He wasn't there for their possessions.

Imo

I agree. DW had Philip and the adults in separate rooms. I think he took pictures and showed them to each other, in order to keep them in line throughout the night. Bach didn't spell this out yesterday - not sure what she said today - but I think the jury will infer it.

1. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 59m59 minutes ago
    Prosecutor in #MansionMurders trial: “it is not reasonable doubt if there are questions you can’t answer.” And about Daron Wint’s testimony: “Anyone on the jury who thinks what that man said is true, go ahead & acquit him.” @fox5dc
  2. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 1h1 hour ago
    The jury in the #MansionMurders trial now has the case. @fox5dc
  3. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 2h2 hours ago
    Defense in #MansionMurders trial claims crime scene was contaminated, and that Daron Wint acted innocent when he came back to DC to turn himself in. Prosecutor about to make final statements. #MansionMurders @fox5dc
  4. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 3h3 hours ago
    Public defender Judith Pipe said gov’ts failure to fully investigate Steffon Wint & Darrell Wint should leave jury with reason to doubt. “If that makes you pause & hesitate... then you must find Daron Wint not guilty.” @fox5dc #MansionMurders
  5. Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie 3h3 hours ago
I for one have a problem that brothers Steffon and Darrell were not better investigated in the alleged "joint venture" crime. However, it doesn't take away the evidence proving DW is guilty. As we have no explanation or understanding why others not investigated, I still believe Darrell might be a police informant. MOO

There were so many missed opportunities for help in this case. The repeated calls to the VP of the security company bother me the most. Not to blame anyone other than DW, but why didn't the repeated calls regarding the hard drive and the cloud data raise any red flags? The calls started at 10:08PM and resumed at 7:02 AM. Couldn't the company tell that the hard drive was disconnected around the time of all of these calls? I would have expected that people in that neighborhood had top notch security systems. It's just so sad to me that no one was able to help them.
Thanks again @patriciah for giving us your front row account. Let's hope that jurors understand the jury instructions that DW is guilty even if they believe he didn't act alone. MOO

1. Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander 40m40 minutes ago
    Keith L. Alexander Retweeted JUSTICE
    Yes. That was his plan. But school official called his mother Amy that day to tell her it would be ok if he stayed out the rest of the day, no major assignments would be missed.

Keith L. Alexander added,
    JUSTICE @Foxone1
    maybe feeling better and going to school for afternoon? Keith L. Alexander on Twitter

2. Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander 49m49 minutes ago
    A detail jumped out at me during closings arguments today in the quadruple murder trial. Ten-year old Philip was wearing his uniform from St. Albans, the District’s private school for boys, when he was killed and set on fire. #MansionMurders

I for one have a problem that brothers Steffon and Darrell were not better investigated in the alleged "joint venture" crime. However, it doesn't take away the evidence proving DW is guilty. As we have no explanation or understanding why others not investigated, I still believe Darrell might be a police informant. MOO

I've gone back and forth about this. I don't think Steffon was involved at all, and I'm not sure that they didn't investigate him. He kicked DW out on 4/1 - the official reason was an argument over dishes, but I have heard it had to do with DW assaulting his younger sister. Also the 3/23 incident where DW gave the police Steffon's name. I don't think these 2 were very close in May, 2015.

As far as Darrell, I believe they did investigate him although I admit it's troubling they didn't pull his texts. They showed a lot of phone records yesterday of DW making multiple calls to Darrell's phone - always the same phone number - with not a lot of call back from Darrell. I believe Darrell helped after the fact but I don't think he had anything to do with planning murders or break in. My sense is that DW was kind of a nuisance to Darrell, who was wrapped up in his own stuff. Just my opinion though.

I am stunned by what prosecutor stated -
And about Daron Wint’s testimony:
“Anyone on the jury who thinks what that man said is true, go ahead & acquit him.”

I don't think a prosecutor should ever say the words "
go ahead & acquit him", even if it's sarcastic, or using Reverse Psychology, or whatever it is.
It's unprofessional conduct, and is disrespectful of the jurors.
JMO

Melanie Alnwick on Twitter

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
9:29 AM - 23 Oct 2018

Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander
As quadruple murder case finally goes to jury, Wint atty Judith Pipe and federal prosector Laura Bach argue over credibility of each side’s evidence and witnesses in 6-week trial. Jury deliberations begin after lunch. Will update as soon as we hear anything. #MansionMurders

9:11 AM - 23 Oct 2018

A detail jumped out at me during closings arguments today in the quadruple murder trial. Ten-year old Philip was wearing his uniform from St. Albans, the District’s private school for boys, when he was killed and set on fire. #MansionMurders

11:19 AM - 23 Oct 2018

Yes. That was his plan. But school official called his mother Amy that day to tell her it would be ok if he stayed out the rest of the day, no major assignments would be missed.

JUSTICE @Foxone1
maybe feeling better and going to school for afternoon? Keith L. Alexander on Twitter
11:28 AM - 23 Oct 2018

1. Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander 40m40 minutes ago

JUSTICE @Foxone1

2. Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander 49m49 minutes ago

Why did PS have his SA uniform on ? Didn’t he stay home from school on May 13 due to concussion?

JMO

I am stunned by what prosecutor stated -
And about Daron Wint’s testimony:
“Anyone on the jury who thinks what that man said is true, go ahead & acquit him.”

I don't think a prosecutor should ever say the words "
go ahead & acquit him", even if it's sarcastic, or using Reverse Psychology, or whatever it is.
It's unprofessional conduct, and is disrespectful of the jurors.
JMO

Melanie Alnwick on Twitter

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
9:29 AM - 23 Oct 2018

Eeeek! I won't be surprised if that statement gets DW a new trial! MOO

Why did PS have his SA uniform on ? Didn’t he stay home from school on May 13 due to concussion?

JMO

I think he was planning to go to school late, after doctors appointment. They showed a message from his school saying it would be ok for him to miss school that afternoon because of some things being rescheduled. I don’t remember the specifics but it sounded like a light afternoon at school.

JMO
Yes but he was feeling better and was believed to be returning to school in the afternoon post dermatologist appointment. Reporter indicates that AS was advised that nothing major happening in school that day and suggested he return following day. So very sad -- possibly another lost opportunity to save both Mum and Son.

I think he was planning to go to school late, after doctors appointment. They showed a message from his school saying it would be ok for him to miss school that afternoon because of some things being rescheduled. I don’t remember the specifics but it sounded like a light afternoon at school.

What kid stays in his formal school uniform at home?? None that I ever knew.
JMO
So did the hostage taking start earlier than many of us have believed?

JMO

I've gone back and forth about this. I don't think Steffon was involved at all, and I'm not sure that they didn't investigate him. He kicked DW out on 4/1 - the official reason was an argument over dishes, but I have heard it had to do with DW assaulting his younger sister. Also the 3/23 incident where DW gave the police Steffon's name. I don't think these 2 were very close in May, 2015.

As far as Darrell, I believe they did investigate him although I admit it's troubling they didn't pull his texts. They showed a lot of phone records yesterday of DW making multiple calls to Darrell's phone - always the same phone number - with not a lot of call back from Darrell. I believe Darrell helped after the fact but I don't think he had anything to do with planning murders or break in. My sense is that DW was kind of a nuisance to Darrell, who was wrapped up in his own stuff. Just my opinion though.
Based on the evidence, I agree about Steffon not being involved but it didn't come across to me he was investigated thoroughly for such a horrific crime as I thought prosecutor didn't do the best job protecting him and/or his testimony during cross by defense. Does that make sense? And then there's Darrell! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1