GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exhale.

What a relief. Guilty on all counts, jury members in agreement.

I'm glad this is over. The group of WSers on this thread is stellar - one of the best case discussions, imo. Thank you, to all of you.

As much as I enjoyed the discussion, I'm glad the case is finally over.

Right back attcha Inthedetails!! You definitely made this a great group, too.

Like I've said before I found WS exactly because of THIS case. Heard it on the news nowhere near DC and Googled and WS came up. Lurked about a month and then joined. So good to see the jury call this right IMHO GUILTY on ALL 20 counts. Yes, shouting and jumping for joy.

I pray this brings some peace to all the family, although they will never understand this or fully recover imo. I pray for the two daughters especially that they cling to one another as they walk through the "new normal" of their life. I'm thankful they had so many great memories built up in their short lives (based on photos I've seen on social media, not here, against TOS.) And I hope that brings them some solace.

I hope that some of the jurors do interviews at some point. Especially the ones who were smirking and even laughing at DW's testimony. I would love to hear what they were thinking.

This bothers me... this was a trial where 4 people had brutally lost their lives and another man's life was at stake. At the time he was innocent until proven guilty. What did they find funny? It concerns me that this may be brought up on appeal.

They're posting pictures now on the FB page.

Oh.... for the families sake I wish they wouldn't. I fear any closure gained from the verdict will be far outweighed by the release of evidence. :( Though I guess it's not going to be anything awful like autopsy photos.

This bothers me... this was a trial where 4 people had brutally lost their lives and another man's life was at stake. At the time he was innocent until proven guilty. What did they find funny? It concerns me that this may be brought up on appeal.

If I remember correctly, patriciah referred to the jury smirking and rolling their eyes during parts of DW's testimony because it was so ridiculous. There is nothing to appeal on that. I assure you they were not laughing about the crime.

Bank video at link:
Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC
www.facebook.com/MelanieAlnwickFox5Dc/videos/718748301811956/
One reason Jordan Wallace was initially under suspicion in the #MansionMurders trial is because DC police didn’t believe him about the money drop. “The f-ing bank is not going to give you $40,000 and let you walk out - and say, hey, you’re a loyal customer- here, put that *advertiser censored* in your f-ing bag and walk out!,” shouted Det Williams at Wallace during a 4.5 hour interrogation on May 14, 2015.

Here’s the video shown in court of American Iron Works CFO Ted Chase and Jordan Wallace that morning. Fox 5 DC

Thanks and that is what I do too since I dont have a FB id. Do you happen to know how to size the screen better to get rid of the "Log in and Create New Account" section that FB throws at the bottom of the screen.

They make that so large it is almost impossible to view things without logging in.
I hear ya. I have a large desktop monitor, and that Log In box takes up about 1/5 of the screen at the bottom section. I just scroll. In this case since there are multiple photos, I click on the post and it opens up in full without that Log In box.
If I get too annoyed, I just log in to my fake name FB account.

I hear ya. I have a large desktop monitor, and that Log In box takes up about 1/5 of the screen at the bottom section. I just scroll. In this case since there are multiple photos, I click on the post and it opens up in full without that Log In box......

Yes thanks . I noticed when I clicked on the actual news photos then it opened a new window and I could see them much better.

Yea it gets annoying the way they purposely do that. I remember when that change was made because it used to never be that way. I dont think they realize that for Missing People sites and other generic LE sites they are hurting their own cause because it gets so annoying that people dont visit the sites.

Oh well. I understand they are trying to get more people to join up.

Thanks again. I havent been able to follow this trial as much as I would have liked but I did follow the case right when it happened. Such an awful case. So glad he is convicted.

Reactions: IDK
Quoting my own post. End of this bank video shows Chase stuffing 4 packs of currency in his pants pockets.
$10,000 each pack; he puts 2 packs in each pants pocket; walks away with bulging pockets.
So odd, IMO, that the bank didn't put the cash in an envelope or one of those zippered vinyl bank bags.

Bank video at link:
Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC
One reason Jordan Wallace was initially under suspicion in the #MansionMurders trial is because DC police didn’t believe him about the money drop. “The f-ing bank is not going to give you $40,000 and let you walk out - and say, hey, you’re a loyal customer- here, put that **** in your f-ing bag and walk out!,” shouted Det Williams at Wallace during a 4.5 hour interrogation on May 14, 2015.

Here’s the video shown in court of American Iron Works CFO Ted Chase and Jordan Wallace that morning. Fox 5 DC

Paul Wagner‏Verified account @Fox5Wagner
Here is Amy's Starbucks cup and Gucci bag she put on the chair as she walked into the house on Woodland. Prosecutors believe she was attacked by Daron Wint seconds later. #MansionMurders

Dqc3aHWX4AEBK-k.jpg

10:28 AM - 26 Oct 2018

Bank video at link:
Melanie Alnwick FOX 5 DC
One reason Jordan Wallace was initially under suspicion in the #MansionMurders trial is because DC police didn’t believe him about the money drop. “The f-ing bank is not going to give you $40,000 and let you walk out - and say, hey, you’re a loyal customer- here, put that **** in your f-ing bag and walk out!,” shouted Det Williams at Wallace during a 4.5 hour interrogation on May 14, 2015.

JW told investigators exactly what happened and when Detectives pounced on him as a liar, he allegedly couldn't keep his story straight. 4 people murdered, I probably would have reacted the same!! MOO

ETA: JW is another victim of this horrific event.

Last edited:
JW told investigators exactly what happened and when Detectives pounced on him as a liar, he started lying. 4 people murdered, I probably would have done the same!! MOO
I don't think JW intentionally lied. I think he got so rattled after being treated like a by the detectives for hours during the "interrogation". He also likely was suffering trauma from having just witnessed the fire shortly before being interrogated. And, he was uncertain of the well-being of his boss and S family. Triple whammy! Intense emotions!
When people are violated, especially by LE, their mind isn't working 100% rationally. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back