GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Melanie Alnwick on Twitter
Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Daron Wint has been found #guilty of all 20 counts in the #MansionMurders trial. Family of Savvas & Amy #Savopoulos emotional in courtroom. @fox5dc

DqYRqAZX0AIY0a3.jpg

1:04 PM - 25 Oct 2018

So pleased.
Within a few days: Moorer and Wint: GUILTY.

Yes! We have waited so long for both of them, and I was iffy on both of them and I am so pleased. We knew so much that the jurors did not that in both cases I was scared. I was hoping it would not be another Casey Anthony, as I I was always gun-shy since that case.

Wonderful, fantastic news!! Justice is served.

His victims suffered a long drawn out heinous 18 hour ? Timeframe before the ending of their life. We will never know what misery they suffered, but most of us know it was grueling mentally at the least.

Since the police were so convinced that more than one person was involved in this crime, my fear was they could not prove their case. I have never been so glad to be wrong!!

I'm so relieved, and I hope the families of the victims find some peace and resolution. As for DW, I get pleasure knowing that he'll spend the rest of his life behind bars. No family will visit him - he'll be alone. He'll pay a price for what he's done, but I don't think any legal punishment is truly sufficient. I hope that DarrW has some of his "inside" friends from the Maple Street Crew pay DW a special visit in prison.

Been following from the sidelines even before I found websleuths. This is justice. Justice doesn’t make miracles but it makes something unbearable a bit more... I’m not sure- that’s why the word exists. It’s no answer, but it is something and it is what it is, justice. So thrilled by this verdict.

Justice has been served! I feel so relieved for the family, but obviously nothing can erase what happened.

The guilty verdict elicits a sigh of relief from me, too. These torturous, brutal murders have been (and will always be) particularly haunting to us... strangers. 'Sure hope the family members can move forward with strength.

GUILTY: Daron Wint convicted in Mansion Murders trial
25 October 2018
[...]
WASHINGTON - Daron Wint has been has been found guilty of all 20 counts in the brutal slaying of three members of a wealthy D.C. family and their housekeeper, more than three years after the vicious crime dubbed the “Mansion Murders."

Prosecutors said Daron Wint was fueled by greed and a thirst for money. They noted that he worked at American Iron Works, the company Savvas Savopoulos owned along with his father, for two nearly years about a decade before the murders.

The defense tried to argue that Daron’s younger brother, Darrell Wint, was the mastermind of the murders and that he and the other brother, Steffon Wint, actually carried out the murders. According to the defense, Daron Wint was deceived into going with his brother, Darrell, to the crime scene and was unaware of what was going on upstairs at the home on Woodland Drive.
GUILTY: Daron Wint convicted in Mansion Murders trial

Guilty: Sole Suspect Convicted in DC Mansion Murders of 3 Members of Savopoulos Family and Their Housekeeper
Daron Wint was convicted in the murders of Savvas Savopoulos, Amy Savopoulos, 10-year old Philip Savopoulos and Veralicia "Vera" Figueroa

By Meagan Fitzgerald and Matthew Stabley
Published 2 hours ago | Updated 29 minutes ago
Guilty: Sole Suspect Convicted in DC Mansion Murders

The minimum sentence is 30 years on each murder charge. Because Wint was found guilty of aggravating circumstances, that allows for the judge to consider a sentence of life in prison without parole, prosecution expert Glen Kirschner told News4.

Family members of the victims wept as the verdict was announced. Walking out of court, prosecutor Laura Bach said she was relieved that the jurors did the right thing.

Wint will be sentenced Feb. 1.

Guilty: Sole Suspect Convicted in DC Mansion Murders

Daron Wint guilty of murder in 2015 D.C. quadruple killing

Assistant U.S. Attorney Laura Bach told the jury that Wint was desperate for cash at the time of the crimes. His family had put him out of their homes, he had no steady job, and he was faced with living in his minivan. Wint, 37, previously worked for Savopoulos’s company, American Iron Works, in Maryland but was fired in 2005 after two years. Prosecutors said he later unsuccessfully tried to get his job back.

I never had any doubt about the state's case. I knew this jury wouldnt buy his ridiculous testimony. I knew all along they would look at all the evidence against him and weigh it correctly.

Defendants blame someone else all the time. In fact it is one of the most common defense strategies used... it rarely ever succeeds because it requires some type of supporting evidence.

In the end it was just another baseless claim and the jury knew it.

After he testified the jury couldn't even stand to look at this bald face liar. They believed none of his self centered tale. Imo

99 percent of the time juries get it right day in and day out all across our country.

The vast amount of jurors know when they are being fed a line of bull. In this case it was even more obvious than most.

Like I have said previously for them to acquit DW they would have to totally disregard all of the witnesses and evidence the state presented.

I knew that was never going to happen so I had no worries about him getting away with all he has done.

I did think the verdict may have come later since it was a long trial.

I am happy its finally over for all the families who have also been destroyed by this one evil evil man.

Imo

Yes! We have waited so long for both of them, and I was iffy on both of them and I am so pleased. We knew so much that the jurors did not that in both cases I was scared. I was hoping it would not be another Casey Anthony, as I I was always gun-shy since that case.

We have to remember cases like CAs are anomalies and rarely ever happen.

In the overwhelming majority of cases the juries get it right..

AS mother reportedly told the journalists/cameras "get out of the way before I smack you." WUSA9 live comments

I do believe there will be follow-up TV interview but today was not the right time...MOO

Last edited:
Keith L. Alexander‏Verified account @keithlalexander
Keith L. Alexander Retweeted Keith L. Alexander

“These verdicts bring a measure of closure to the families. The horror these victims went through, no one should ever have to experience. The jurors got it right,” Laura Bach, lead prosecutor in quadruple murder case said after guilty verdicts. #MansionMurders

Keith L. Alexander added,

Keith L. AlexanderVerified account @keithlalexander
Our story is up in all 20 guilty verdicts against #DaronWint in quadruple murder trial. Daron Wint guilty of murder in 2015 D.C. quadruple killinghttps://twitter.com/keithlalexander/status/1055544520362856449
2:31 PM - 25 Oct 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back