GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Wint is convicted and I believe he will be then he has no one to blame but himself.

Even his attorney knew this wasnt a good strategy but they must go with what the defendant wants. I am sure they urged him not to take the stand but narcissists listen to no one. They fully believe they are crafty enough they can hoodwink the jury with their lies.

The biggest mistake he made ..other than the voluminous evidence against him.. was trying to pretend he was just a pizza eating guy hanging out in a house of horrors as all of those horrors were happening.

It never bodes well for a cold blooded murderer to say THEY are the real victim after the jury has seen what the true victims endured at the hands of the defendant.

Imo his story or tale wasnt even based in logic and common sense. It was incredulous and totally insulting. Imo

I guess he forgot if he went with this defense the jury would expect some kind of proof and he had none.

Anyone can claim anything against anyone but thank goodness in our court system the claims must be supported with facts.

The state supported theirs. His fell flat.

Jmo

Last edited:
"You can't trust the government's evidence,” Pipe said."

It sounds like the Defense attorney is playing to that one possible juror who is deeply suspicious of the government in general. Unfortunately, many folks in DC have not had good interactions with law enforcement and authority. Trust is an issue. Prayers going up that her ploy will not be successful and the jury will come back with a guilty verdict.

I worry about this. There are a few spectators who are very suspicious of the prosecution, and who seem to think that the prosecution should be able to prove and explain every detail of what happened with no unanswered questions. I really hope that there is not a juror (or two) who think the same way. I wonder what DW's citizenship status is at this point, I suspect if he does get acquitted he'll be deported.

Any news yet today? I had hoped for a quick guilty verdict, not sure what to think at this point. Maybe by tomorrow.

I think there are a few concerns a jury could zero in on for sure.

Claiming that one brother's phone doesn't prove anything because he could have handed it off to a friend.... yet the other brother's phone gives him an alibi.... screams confirmation bias. Why don't the rules apply the same to both?

The outfits with Amy that morning don't make sense either, though that doesn't go directly to guilt or innocence, it sheds doubt on the timeline they've put together.

I don't envy this jury.

I think there are a few concerns a jury could zero in on for sure.

Claiming that one brother's phone doesn't prove anything because he could have handed it off to a friend.... yet the other brother's phone gives him an alibi.... screams confirmation bias. Why don't the rules apply the same to both?

The outfits with Amy that morning don't make sense either, though that doesn't go directly to guilt or innocence, it sheds doubt on the timeline they've put together.

I don't envy this jury.

I wondered about the timeline and the discrepancy in Amy's outfits. The prosecution showed pictures of a Starbucks cup and bag to back up their theory, but I wonder if there was a receipt? Or any video of her going into Starbucks? I would think they'd be able to get a receipt from the local Starbucks, but I didn't hear any mention of it.

Melanie Alnwick on Twitter
Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Jury in #MansionMurders trial has taken a lunch break. 2nd full day of deliberations. 20 counts to consider. @fox5dc
DqXiqe0WsAEKn22.jpg

9:38 AM - 25 Oct 2018

I wondered about the timeline and the discrepancy in Amy's outfits. The prosecution showed pictures of a Starbucks cup and bag to back up their theory, but I wonder if there was a receipt? Or any video of her going into Starbucks? I would think they'd be able to get a receipt from the local Starbucks, but I didn't hear any mention of it.

Hi patriciah.
Hope you check my reply, and Post.
GUILTY.:):):)
Thanks for your work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members