GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think JW intentionally lied. I think he got so rattled after being treated like a by the detectives for hours during the "interrogation". He also likely was suffering trauma from having just witnessed the fire shortly before being interrogated. And, he was uncertain of the well-being of his boss and S family. Triple whammy! Intense emotions!
When people are violated, especially by LE, their mind isn't working 100% rationally. JMO
Absolutely agree with you!! JW is another victim of this horrific event. MOO

DC mansion murders: A look at the evidence that helped convict the killer

ABC News has obtained police evidence photos and video, some of which is being made public for the first time, used to help convict the man accused in the brutal 2015 murder of three family members and their housekeeper in a Washington, D.C., mansion.

Amy, Savvas and Philip Savopoulos and their housekeeper Veralicia Figueroa were killed in May 2015 in the family's multimillion-dollar home in an elite neighborhood in the nation's capital.

44719537_10211751552577029_7180903800985616384_n.jpg

Daron & Darrell at Walmart
Murder 4 and go shopping............

Mansion Murders Fox5

I’m grateful for the family that this trial is over and closure can bring small healing. This trial has been hard for me to pay attention to and I feel it isn’t fair at all since this is the girls’ family and they are all they have left. I hope and pray they have strength and comfort moving forward in their lives.

The podcast answered a lot of unanswered questions about timing and tied everything together. While the conclusion is that it was a robbery gone wrong, I still have doubts about that. DS cut the phone wires and told his girlfriend not to worry if she didn’t hear from him for a while. He left the house with the money, but nothing else of value. He burned his own van with only $40k to show for it.

Some new-to-me details in post-trial article:

“Officials also displayed another image of the home's dining room floor stained with Savaas' blood after Wint assaulted him as he came into the residence.... Wint tortured the victims with a plastic bag over their heads, and removed it when they were close to suffocating.”

Evidence and pictures released after Daron Wint found guilty in 'Mansion Murders'

Some new-to-me details in post-trial article:

“Officials also displayed another image of the home's dining room floor stained with Savaas' blood after Wint assaulted him as he came into the residence.... Wint tortured the victims with a plastic bag over their heads, and removed it when they were close to suffocating.”

Evidence and pictures released after Daron Wint found guilty in 'Mansion Murders'

The plastic bag was especially upsetting to me when I heard/watched the closing arguments. I hadn't heard that before then and it was very upsetting to think about and see the pictures of it.

The podcast answered a lot of unanswered questions about timing and tied everything together. While the conclusion is that it was a robbery gone wrong, I still have doubts about that. DS cut the phone wires and told his girlfriend not to worry if she didn’t hear from him for a while. He left the house with the money, but nothing else of value. He burned his own van with only $40k to show for it.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but I don't believe it was robbery. I believe it was exactly what it was IMHO torture of Savvas' family and Vera who happened to be there at the time. I can't get into DW mind but he could have been simmering since losing his good job at AIW. That and he tried to get it back to no avail a couple times a year apart IIRC. That and he was caught with a beer and machete, I believe, across the street from AIW another year.

He was doing a slow boil for years. Inside himself. Stewing and festering and feeding a deep, deep hatred for Savvas. Maybe he held Savvas responsible for his (DW) miserable life.

Pure hatred and evil is the why! Extreme torture. I would believe he killed Savvas last.

Makes me sick.

The plastic bag was especially upsetting to me when I heard/watched the closing arguments. I hadn't heard that before then and it was very upsetting to think about and see the pictures of it.

@patriciah make sure you contact me when your book is released, lol, I would like to read it, maybe even an advanced copy to us on this thread. I believe YOU can do it.

I didn't think it could get any worse than what I already knew.

I think about Savvas walking in the front door and being wounded so severely that he bled all over the floor. Yet still he was able to project calm confidence in all his calls and interactions.

It is so sad that these four beautiful people had to experience such terror, fear and pain in their last hours.

Was there a picture shown of Vera with the bag over her head, or more than just her? I’d seen that before about her, but not about the others or the bag used repeatedly to terrorize them by that disgusting lowlife.

Was there a picture shown of Vera with the bag over her head, or more than just her? I’d seen that before about her, but not about the others or the bag used repeatedly to terrorize them by that disgusting lowlife.

Not that I know of. The prosecutor showed a picture of a plastic bag in a pool of blood and said that Vera and Savvas showed signs of asphyxiation, according to the autopsy report.

I didn't think it could get any worse than what I already knew.

I think about Savvas walking in the front door and being wounded so severely that he bled all over the floor. Yet still he was able to project calm confidence in all his calls and interactions.

It is so sad that these four beautiful people had to experience such terror, fear and pain in their last hours.
Yes, Savvas went down projecting calm hoping to save every person inside/outside his home and/or on the phone from evil harm by DW. I don't think DW ever intended spending the night, and end up with 22+ hours to find weapons inside the home to torture and murder the family. DW is one bad man, and thank you jurors. MOO

I don't think JW intentionally lied. I think he got so rattled after being treated like a by the detectives for hours during the "interrogation". He also likely was suffering trauma from having just witnessed the fire shortly before being interrogated. And, he was uncertain of the well-being of his boss and S family. Triple whammy! Intense emotions!
When people are violated, especially by LE, their mind isn't working 100% rationally. JMO

I think LE had to interrogate him, and rattle his cage and scare him. It looked like he could have been involved, at least to the extent of helping to set it up.

They actually did him a favor by looking so closely at him. If they hadn't, people would still be accusing him and be suspicious.

I don't think LE violated him. I think they thought he could be involved and worked hard to figure out if he was or not. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back