DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if one of the accomplices or the brother works for the company that owns this truck?
I've heard that sometimes it's easier and cheaper to rent a uhaul that it is to rent a car. Maybe they just needed to rent something to drive and this truck company takes cash and no credit card required or something to that effect??

That's wrong. LE has said since the beginning there was no sign of forced entry despite the high security of the home and that this wasn't random even before they knew who the suspect was. We don't know the circumstances as to how the perps got into the home and defeated the security system, which not knowing how it was done isn't proof they lacked insider knowledge of the home.

It's not random because he worked as welder for the company many years ago.
Not a shred of evidence exists he knew any of domestic help.

Not relevant to anything other then being bothersome to me, but I wish this wasn't dubbed Mansion Murders. Looks too much like Manson Murders. JMO

I wonder if one of the accomplices or the brother works for the company that owns this truck?

Wonder what they were planning to use the truck for? Did they they think they could return to the scene and steal art maybe?

From Millhouse's link....funeral for S family will be June 1st

I also have seen a go fund me page created for the housekeeper. They are asking for $ for funeral in both countries, and a private plane to take her back to be buried in her homeland. They are 1/2 to their goal.

Against TOS to post link... fyi

No, there is evidence of knowledge of domestic stuff with LE citing the defeat of the complex alarm system as the reason why they thought it wasn't random. Working at someone's business as a welder wouldn't give you knowledge of their home security system unless you think the family bragged to their AIW employees about how their home security worked and discussed their home routines:
What authorities did say was this: Whoever killed the three Savopouloses and Figueroa had knowledge of the family's habits – and of their expensive security system, which Gutierrez has said was always on. There was no sign of forced entry into the home.
http://www.people.com/article/dc-house-fire-inside-the-investigation

In my neighborhood, we occasionally get solicitors. But, every time they ring, the walk back down to the sidewalk, so they aren't standing right on my porch. The lawn guys do this too. I at first thought it was odd, but now I can see how easily someone could force their way into a home if the front door was opened when answering the doorbell.

That same housekeeper who claimed the "complex alarm system" was always on also said the family sometimes left the doors open. The system would be useless if doors were left open.

"Then again, Gutierrez said in an interview Wednesday that the Savopouloses were not hyper-vigilant about security and sometimes left doors to the house or garage open. The family had expensive jewelry and a valuable art collection inside the home, she said."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...4-in-northwest-d-c--114123.html#ixzz3at3o8iN1
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...urder-on-may-14-in-northwest-d-c--114123.html

A person of interest was seen on surveillance footage that authorities released last week, but they have said they do not believe it shows Wint.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

It seems LE think someone else may have been with him

Ugh here we go again. This says it is him. http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...k-Quadruple-Slaying-in-Custody-304665291.html

Police say Wint is the person of interest seen in the video. While he is difficult to see, police say Wint was dressed in dark clothing, including a hoodie with the hood pulled up.

So glad he has been captured and charged. I had issues sleeping last night my heart kept crying over the loss of this family and house keeper. I should not have listen to the voice message I have a 10 yr old boy too. I'll never forget what they must of all gone through.

There is really something about knowing that people were absolutely terrified (unimaginable terror) in the moments before their deaths, especially a child, that makes me feel extremely panicked and like I may throw up or cry at the same time.

I can't even wrap my mind around it. I can't even imagine how it would feel as a mother to see a child of mine being hurt and be completely helpless to stop it. The thought of any child suffering like that- regardless of whose child.

I feel this rage towards their murderer(s) boiling in my stomach. I have never thrown a punch in my life but if I could rewind time to when they were being tortured I can see myself inflicting an act of violence so savage on these horrible pathetic pieces of sh-t that people would think I was the psychopath. Ugh, mama bear instinct in full force right now.

:(

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b488a-0077-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Great Article
from the Post. Read the whole thing!
"25 cars of Marshalls....The suspect had no idea they were being followed ...10K Cash in door of Truck."

Music in the vehicles must have really loud for the occupants to not realize there's a helicopter flying over head at night!!! I live in a very large city and helicopters at night mean bad things are happening or just happened. Arrogance has played a big role in DDW's capture!!

I think they were gonna transport DDW in truck and get out of DC. No one looks at a truck like this on the interstate. You'd think they were mechanics and gonna help out a stalled trucker..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/22/us-districtofcolumbia-murder-idUSKBN0O61IY20150522

US | Fri May 22, 2015 12:37pm EDT Related: U.S.
Quadruple-murder suspect faces arraignment in Washington
WASHINGTON | BY IAN SIMPSON

snip

A man accused of killing a Washington businessman, his wife, son and housekeeper faced arraignment on Friday after authorities tracked him down overnight in the U.S. capital.

The suspect, Daron Wint, 34, of Lanham, Maryland, has been charged with first-degree murder while armed. He will be arraigned some time after 3 p.m. EDT in District of Columbia Superior Court, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force had tracked Wint to a Howard Johnson hotel in College Park, Maryland, near Washington, late on Thursday, only to see him leave as they arrived. Officers and a helicopter pursued Wint, who was in a car, and a small moving truck that was traveling with him.

Besides Wint, police arrested three men and two women in the vehicles, Fernandez said. The spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's Office said no one else had been charged and the investigation was continuing.​

There is really something about knowing that people were absolutely terrified (unimaginable terror) in the moments before their deaths, especially a child, that makes me feel extremely panicked and like I may throw up or cry at the same time.

I can't even wrap my mind around it. I can't even imagine how it would feel as a mother to see a child of mine being hurt and be completely helpless to stop it. The thought of any child suffering like that- regardless of whose child.

I feel this rage towards their murderer(s) boiling in my stomach. I have never thrown a punch in my life but if I could rewind time to when they were being tortured I can see myself inflicting an act of violence so savage on these horrible pathetic pieces of sh-t that people would think I was the psychopath. Ugh, mama bear instinct in full force right now.

:(

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I so completely feel like you do
I will never get that little boy's face out of my mind

No, there is evidence of knowledge of domestic stuff with LE citing the defeat of the complex alarm system as the reason why they thought it wasn't random. Working at someone's business as a welder wouldn't give you knowledge of their home security system unless you think the family bragged to their AIW employees about how their home security worked and discussed their home routines:

http://www.people.com/article/dc-house-fire-inside-the-investigation

That is something that bugs me. Working at someone's business as a welder you usually wouldn't know the actual address of the CEO. You might learn general area or sub division, but not the actual address.

The security system actually bothers me less. Didn't he enter during the daytime? You have two parents, a child, 2 dogs and a housekeeper going in and out. The door could have been open or he could have accosted any of them as they came or went. As far as what he did to the security system, once he had them under control he could get any info he needed about the system.

That's not the issue, really. It is about not running a tight ship in a highprofile rich neighborhood. It is about having too many people coming and going without clear lines on who has access and knowledge of the schedules and duties. If many people who work in and around your home are talking about your home, schedule, belongings then anyone stalking your family has a much easier task when it comes to getting inside...without your permission.

Typically, lawn care or groundskeepers are only outside and either live in something like a pool house or off site if they only maintain a regular weekly schedule. They usually do not have any alarm codes or access to the main home...as it appears in this case. Drivers usually have access to the garage and the vehicles and are invited in but do not usually have access to the inside of the home. Pet care providers come at a fairly regular day to day time frame and cleaning services usually come on a regular schedule and ahead of special events. These two groups have the keys to the home and alarm access codes which are specific to them. That way an owner has a record of who came in the house and presumably how long they stayed or how many times they came and went. Live-ins would also have the same type of access. Deliveries, mail and groceries/household supplies are often brought in by the Monday thru Friday housekeeper, a live -in helper or a personal assistant to the wife or partner that manages the home. Just as general contractors, inside the home, are typically supervised by someone from the household, so are caterers and other special services businesses. If they are given key or alarm codes they are usually very temporary codes or access.

But in this home a weekly cleaner who knew the regular M-F housekeeper well enough to be asked to call her family and a driver also seems to have had access to the run of the house as well as a new business startup. Most of the wealthy families that I have done business with run a much tighter ship...just saying... they had too many holes in their security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98