DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two older daughters were away at boarding school.

Looks like one of the daughters would have been graduating high school tomorrow. No link, via my research.

They run their house as they saw fit.

And it may become a lesson to others that it's really not a good idea to mix domestic staff - particularly blabby ones - with business as loose lips sink ships. Knowing both about someone's home security system weaknesses and their financial affairs can be awfully dangerous if such information gets passed to the wrong hands.

And it may become a lesson to others that it's really not a good idea to mix domestic staff - particularly blabby ones - with business as loose lips sink ships. Knowing both about someone's home security system weaknesses and their financial affairs can be awfully dangerous if such information gets passed to the wrong hands.

OMG. There isn't a shred of evidence that domestic stuff had anything to do with this situation.

I'm wondering if in his own mind DDW blamed the family for whatever his life had become. It looks like DDW really started to snap in 2005, which is the year he lost his job at AIW. This crime seems particularly vicious with it not just about the money.

Unfortunately crimes just like this one has become very viscous and the only motive was money.

I don't see how that could have any affect on him. I am sure he has had other employment since its been 10 years ago that he even worked for AIW.

I think he knew the family had money and the motive was to get what he could from this family. Murdering the victims before the suspect leaves the scene has become all too common. It seems that is what suspects do these days so that no living witness is left behind.

IMO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3092208/Police-catch-prime-suspect-brutal-family-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

A person of interest was seen on surveillance footage that authorities released last week, but they have said they do not believe it shows Wint. Following the murders, Wint was seen hanging out on the porch of his father's Maryland home, neighbors told Daily Mail Online.

An accomplice is believed to have booked a room at the Howard Johnson Express Inn around 2pm Thursday.

A source at the hotel said the man walked inside reception and asked for a non-smoking double room for one night. He paid $126 plus tax in cash and was required to show staff his ID. Staff assigned him room number 412, which officers accessed for clues following Wint's arrest
Very good article, with timeline :moo: And as usual with Daily Mail, lots of photos.

So happy to wake up to this news today. This case is going to stay with me forever. Like the Petit family. As a parent, this is absolutely the worst nightmare I could EVER imagine. And it makes me wonder what I would do in this situation.

You know, some of my friends/family make fun of me for being a member here and for following crime cases all the time. But I think knowledge is power and it's helpful to know that these types of things happen, and can happen to ANYONE. No one is immune. Most of these crime victims could easily be any one of us.

Ever since the Petit home invasion, it's become one of my worst fears. But because of that, I have extra security on my home and I feel a little bit more "prepared" so to speak. If there's one tiny bit of positivity that can come from these things, it's that it hopefully helps people to be more cautious in their every day lives.

I have no idea what the exact circumstances were here, but because of this case, I refuse to answer my door if anyone comes knocking. They can call me on my cell if they know me.

jmo

28F6F5FF00000578-3092208-image-a-12_1432278272820.jpg

Arrest: Police investigate the scene where Daron Dylon Wint was taken into custody on Rhode Island Ave, between 12th St and 10th St NE in Washington, Maryland on Thursday evening

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3asnVKEyn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
28F6F6BF00000578-3092208-image-a-13_1432278298578.jpg

Huge operation: Police said that Wint and his accomplices did not resist arrest when they were found

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3asngsfBh
28F6EAAE00000578-3092208-image-m-25_1432270467309.jpg

Grainy video: Here D.C. police are pictured arresting a man at the scene. Police did not confirm whether this man is Wint or his brother, who was also arrested on Thursday night in connection with the crime

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3asnsr6e9

28F6F6B600000578-3092208-image-a-19_1432278411248.jpg

Stash: A large quantity of cash was recovered from the inside of this truck being driven by Wint's brother

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3asoWVgMl
28F6B80300000578-3092208-image-m-23_1432278466675.jpg

Arrest: Police took another man into custody (left) and sat him on the edge of the truck although they did not immediately reveal whether it was Wint or his sibling. Authorities said they had taken multiple people in

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3asorTyoA

Can they just "take" DNA samples? Aren't they going to need some sort of reason to do so?

The U.S. Supreme Court on June 3, 2013 upheld the use of DNA databases to collect genetic information from suspects arrested but not yet charged, without any requirement that officers first show probable cause. The 5-4 ruling overrules a state court determination that Maryland’s DNA collection law permits unconstitutionally invasive searches.

I wonder if LE was tracking the brother all along...

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan
Sources say 5 other people with #DaronWint, including his brother, were NOT arrested, just questioned. @wusa9

CFkgrD8WAAA4qzW.jpg

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360
Newly obtained 2008 mugshot of #MansionMurder suspect #DaronDylonWint. He's about 5-foot-7, 34-years-old.

there you go trigger.......thanks for the pic :seeya:

Looks like his right eye is swollen. I hope Mr. S managed to clock him at least one good time.

ETA: Never mind... I see now that it's an old mugshot, but I STILL hope he got a few of those martial arts jabs of his in on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG. There isn't a shred of evidence that domestic stuff had anything to do with this situation.

That's wrong. LE has said since the beginning there was no sign of forced entry despite the high security of the home and that this wasn't random even before they knew who the suspect was. We don't know the circumstances as to how the perps got into the home and defeated the security system, which not knowing how it was done isn't proof they lacked insider knowledge of the home.

The defeating of the security system is what led police to pursue the case as they did:
The nature of the family’s security system, which was apparently always on and chiming—even when everyone was home—has led cops to believe there was a relationship between the killers and the family. Investigators tell NBC Washington there was no sign of a forced entry and that they believe the killers “had easy access.”
http://gawker.com/investigators-say-d-c-familys-killers-bypassed-complex-1705424548

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98