DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-five-others-arrested-along-with-daron-dylon-wint

The metanarrative begins as predicted.....

Wint's former attorney, Robin Ficker, insists that he believes the 34-year-old is innocent. "He is a very nice person," Ficker tells PEOPLE. "He is charming. Gentle. Patriotic. He tried to join the Marines. He is not violent. He is the last person I'd ever think would be involved in this crime, or in any violent crime. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with it."

He adds that he believes police made up any charges against Wint in this case. "I think the police went over a list of the employees at [Savopoulos'] company, and found anyone who had criminal charges in the past," he says. "They made it up."

The attorney:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Ficker

Yes! And to be honest he likely made at LEAST double in salary alone. My brother in law works and lives in that area and his assistant gets paid very VERY nicely.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I agree. His salary likely was a lot more than $40k.

I agree- good jobs with good bosses like savopoulous seemed to be are sometimes once in a lifetime finds. It seems like he was a very proud and loyal employee so far. I mean- he was probably more confused than anything as to why he had to leave the money like that. But being a confused and loyal employee he probably just was trying to follow his bosses directions bc even if weird- he probably thought "he knows what he is doing, even if this seems totally weird it's what he needs me to do and I'll do it."

He's probably feeling a huge mix of emotions now ranging from guilt about not being able to do more, despair about the loss of life, the loss of his job, and now possibly the loss of a good reputation with insinuations being made that he may have had something to do with this. What a terrible position to be in. So sad.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Very well said! ITA....he will probably always be haunted by the thought "If I had only known......" And I feel terrible for him having to live with what is basically survivor's guilt. Poor guy, I really feel for him.

Good Lord:maddening:

This lawyer has to be pulling our leg, no? His former client has a long history of various charges, and yet here is the lawyer, claiming his client is a gentle student.
And it's been many years since he represented him. Even if he was ever a "gentle student" it's been many years since this lawyer saw him.

So glad he finally was captured. I shudder to think what this poor Family and Housekeeper endured. His former Lawyer needs to STFU! Last night he was going on about what a nice guy he is and the kind you would want to sit down with your grandmother to dinner :tantrum:

That mug shot is horrible! All I can think of is how terrified they all must have been - especially the little boy! Combine this photo with the FB photos of his muscles...

Thinking about the capture last night... I read there were 3 women in the car with DDW and 2 men (including his brother) following in the paneled truck. They were all arrested (thus DDW + 5 = 6 arrests). I just cannot wrap my head around those 3 women! Do they not watch the news? Do they think someone who was that vile would not harm them? I also think the truck *may* indicate they had further sinister plans...I mean they could all fit in the one white vehicle so what could be the purpose of the truck?
Feeling a real sense of relief that he's in custody and admiration for the LE officers who tracked him down so efficiently. OH and does anyone else think the girlfriend in N.Y. should be charged with something?

CFkgrD8WAAA4qzW.jpg

Anderson Cooper 360° ‏@AC360
Newly obtained 2008 mugshot of #MansionMurder suspect #DaronDylonWint. He's about 5-foot-7, 34-years-old.

there you go trigger.......thanks for the pic :seeya:

The LE did an awesome job! So glad this monster is caught. I feel horrible for their 2 surviving daughters. He not only took their family, but their home as well. Any comfort of any memories..IE baby items, photos, or special items of their loved ones. I can't believe he was caught with others, who would follow someone so vile? A human life is worth a lot more than 10,000 each. I bet he will feel so when he is locked up for the rest of his life.

The creepy part is...how long did he stalk this family? He threatens his own family and seems to hold grudges. If he was caught in 2005 with potentially planning something then, he may have been stalking this family for years and the recent firing of a family member gave him the nudge he needed.

http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-five-others-arrested-along-with-daron-dylon-wint

Wint's former attorney, Robin Ficker, insists that he believes the 34-year-old is innocent. "He is a very nice person," Ficker tells PEOPLE. "He is charming. Gentle. Patriotic. He tried to join the Marines. He is not violent. He is the last person I'd ever think would be involved in this crime, or in any violent crime. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with it."

He adds that he believes police made up any charges against Wint in this case. "I think the police went over a list of the employees at [Savopoulos'] company, and found anyone who had criminal charges in the past," he says. "They made it up."

Is his former attorney really that dense?
DDW's FATHER, his biological father, had a protective order taken out against DDW,and DDW threatened to kill a woman and her child?? He had a machete and BB gun at AIW- to cut the grass and lessen the pigeon population ?
Atorney has a different definition for the word "gentle". SMH.

Is his former attorney really that dense?
DDW's FATHER, his biological father, had a protective order taken out against DDW,and DDW threatened to kill a woman and her child?? He had a machete and BB gun at AIW- to cut the grass and lessen the pigeon population ?
Atorney has a different definition for the word "gentle". SMH.

Geez, you're right, Chickaroo, I've just been focusing on the crime at hand and how disgusting it is.....hadn't even considered the stalking part which had to take place. That's even scarier to think of.....him lurking about somehow.

Sounds like his former attorney likes the attention

That mug shot is horrible! All I can think of is how terrified they all must have been - especially the little boy! Combine this photo with the FB photos of his muscles...

Thinking about the capture last night... I read there were 3 women in the car with DDW and 2 men (including his brother) following in the paneled truck. They were all arrested (thus DDW + 5 = 6 arrests). I just cannot wrap my head around those 3 women! Do they not watch the news? Do they think someone who was that vile would not harm them? I also think the truck *may* indicate they had further sinister plans...I mean they could all fit in the one white vehicle so what could be the purpose of the truck?
Feeling a real sense of relief that he's in custody and admiration for the LE officers who tracked him down so efficiently. OH and does anyone else think the girlfriend in N.Y. should be charged with something?

These women could know exactly how vile the men are because they're just as vile. Them being women doesn't preclude them from having been conspirators in the original crime and one or more of them could have been in the house at the time and you don't have to be a muscle-bound man to torture and kill a child or torture someone bound up by tape. Actually by default I think they're just as vile as they know the circumstances of where that money came from even if they're only conspirators after the fact.

He doesn't look very big in his current mugshot (thinking of the person running away in security video).

You nailed it, Dushi! Attention!

I think this idiot attorney is fishing to be hired for a high profile case. He sees himself as the next Baez...swanning through interviews, pursued by the media, a televised trial...and then walking out with DDW grinning ear to ear.

He's "applying" for the job, by sending a message to DDW...that all he needs to do is blame the cops. Presto! He's the victim, not the SS family.

Another thought, I think at least one woman was in the house. I think the torture was preening, showing off to the "ladies."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022