DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the chatty housekeeper has zilch to do with the operation? No way you'd talk to the media thar much if you were involved.

I wish all LE worked with this swiftness.

This was briefly discussed a thread or so ago, but how/why was the DNA processed so quickly? Killer on the run? Wealthy family? PD lab not backed up like other major American cities? Why?

I read in an article last night that saliva is the best DNA to work with for forensics. It was like hitting the jackpot to find that pizza crust. So, perhaps because it was easy to work with, the testing went quickly.

Also the threat to the community because this perp was at large bumps up the case too. My guess.

JMO.

After seeing the FOX 5 DC report painting the assistant in a shady light, I've been re-reading some of the news reports; I'd love to hear any feedback on these interesting tidbits:

From the Washington Post on May 20:
It was unclear whether the assistant made contact with anyone inside the house when he delivered the money. Police documents show that he was at a hardware store near the Chantilly studio in western Fairfax County from 11:30 a.m. to noon May 14 and was still in Virginia when 911 calls came later that afternoon about the fire 30 miles away in the District.

Note: American Iron Works is located in Hyattsville, MD. The assistant lives in Annapolis, MD. The Savopoulos' lived in NW DC. This martial arts studio was in Chantilly (Fairfax County)

Question: Was there any publicity, a website or newspaper ad indicating the grand opening of a martial arts studio in Chantilly, VA on May 15?

"In the mid-2000s, four people — including his father and a housemate — petitioned for restraining orders, the records show. Not all requests were granted, but a judge did order Wint to stay away from his father for a year.

In November 2005, Dennis Wint wrote in a sworn statement that his son had threatened violence. Police ordered the younger Wint to leave, but he stayed nearby, his father said, and 'stood in the street in front of the house and continued to threaten me and my wife. I also have an 8-year-old child who was terrified.'”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

My prayers go out for Mr. Dennis Wint this morning too. He came to this country...no doubt to make a better life for his family...and looks like he did his best. He works, has taken college courses, provided a nice home.

Looks like his son, maybe both sons, got caught up in a culture that defines a man by his hot car, his cash to flash, his pumped up bod.

Their Father is the real man IMO. Too bad they didn't use HIM as their role model, instead of emulating some of those Facebook friends.

My prayers go out for Mr. Dennis Wint this morning too. He came to this country...no doubt to make a better life for his family...and looks like he did his best. He works, has taken college courses, provided a nice home.

Looks like his son, maybe both sons, got caught up in a culture that defines a man by his hot car, his cash to flash, his pumped up bod.

Their Father is the real man IMO. Too bad they didn't use HIM as their role model, instead of emulating some of those Facebook friends.

Yes. The victims of this crime are more than the four people DDW brutally murdered. Sad.

Police followed a white Chevy Cruze from Prince George's County into D.C. and took 34-year-old Daron Dylon Wint into custody on Rhode Island Avenue NE between between 11th and 12th streets, sources said.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...304665291.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DCBrand

Article says Wint worked for the Iron Works until 2005. Is this correct? He's been gone for almost 10 years? Did he recently work there again or for another company SS owned? Thanks.

Here is the original Fox article on Jordan Wallace, the assistant. Someone posted it here yesterday afternoon/early evening and it was discussed at some length in these very threads.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant

I think it's ridiculous for the press to try to cast an assistant in a shady light.
This guy now lost a job that appears he liked.
All his crime apparently was is to follow instructions of his boss and bring the package to the house.

Here is the original Fox article on Jordan Wallace, the assistant. Someone posted it here yesterday afternoon/early evening and it was discussed at some length in these very threads.

From the article:
" A friend of Amy's -- who has been driven in the Porsche -- recognized the inside as hers. He captions the photo “another day on the job, my office today is pretty nice.”...
He writes under the photo of the Bentley that, “I'm driving for a CEO in DC.” He also wrote that, “My office has many leather bound seats and smells of rich mahogany.”
I can't see anything weird here, JMHO

Thanks for the link!

Some seem to think the assistant seemed sketchy or might be involved in the crime, but I personally think the captions posted under his pics on Instagram--under the pictures of the S's Porsche and the Range Rover--seem completely harmless. They actually seem to convey that he really enjoyed his job and that he was proud of working as a CEO's assistant. Although it may have been inappropriate to post pictures of his boss' cars on his personal SM accounts, I think he's harmless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link!

Some seem to think the assistant seemed sketchy or might be involved in the crime, but I personally think the captions posted under his pics on Instagram--under the pictures of the S's Porsche and the Range Rover--seem completely harmless. They actually seem to convey that he really enjoyed his job and that he was proud of working as a CEO's assistant. Although it may have been inappropriate to post pictures of his boss' cars on his personal SM accounts, I think he's harmless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree. I've posted pics similar to that from my job- my dad owns the company I do marketing work for (I have my own clients too on the side)- but my dad has a sweet car and I love running errands in it during work. I brag about work and cool things the company does because I am very proud of it. Anything cool- my dads car, our new offices, when our ny senators visit, new patents we earn, our cool new 3d printer. I brag a lot :)

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Thanks for the link!

Yeah, I don't really see what the upside for the assistant would be unless he was sure he'd get a piece of a far larger pie than $40K. He'd be better of keeping his job than eliminating his source of income for a one-time fraction of $40K. However, what wouldn't surprise me if the assistant, the housekeeper, etc. did too much talking to the wrong people and that's how certain things were found out.

I completely agree. I've posted pics similar to that from my job- my dad owns the company I do marketing work for (I have my own clients too on the side)- but my dad has a sweet car and I love running errands in it during work. I brag about work and cool things the company does because I am very proud of it. Anything cool- my dads car, our new offices, when our ny senators visit, new patents we earn, our cool new 3d printer. I brag a lot :)

I feel very sorry for the assistant. He is the one who called on Friday to an employee at AIW, crying.
I think he really enjoyed his job, working for a CEO and driving a fancy car, and now he lost that (since CEO is dead).

I feel very sorry for the assistant. He is the one who called on Friday to an employee at AIW, crying.
I think he really enjoyed his job, working for a CEO and driving a fancy car, and now he lost that (since CEO is dead).

I agree- good jobs with good bosses like savopoulous seemed to be are sometimes once in a lifetime finds. It seems like he was a very proud and loyal employee so far. I mean- he was probably more confused than anything as to why he had to leave the money like that. But being a confused and loyal employee he probably just was trying to follow his bosses directions bc even if weird- he probably thought "he knows what he is doing, even if this seems totally weird it's what he needs me to do and I'll do it."

He's probably feeling a huge mix of emotions now ranging from guilt about not being able to do more, despair about the loss of life, the loss of his job, and now possibly the loss of a good reputation with insinuations being made that he may have had something to do with this. What a terrible position to be in. So sad.

Yeah, I don't really see what the upside for the assistant would be unless he was sure he'd get a piece of a far larger pie than $40K. He'd be better of keeping his job than eliminating his source of income for a one-time fraction of $40K. However, what wouldn't surprise me if the assistant, the housekeeper, etc. did too much talking to the wrong people and that's how certain things were found out.

Yes! And to be honest he likely made at LEAST double in salary alone. My brother in law works and lives in that area and his assistant gets paid very VERY nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members