DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon after being sworn-in a few months ago, our new mayor, Muriel Bowser, wisely kept Cathy Lanier on as Chief of Police. I can only guess that Mayor Bowser appreciated what a difference Chief Lanier has made over the past several years regarding across-the-board reductions in crime, as well as enhancing our sense of safety & well-being. The decisive and prudent actions Chief Lanier has taken during her tenure have greatly improved the quality of life for all Washingtonians.

I hope others will join me in voicing their support of Chief Lanier, especially after she and her excellent team of investigators moved swiftly to identify and arrest a suspect in the heinous murders of the Savopoulos family & their housekeeper.

I'm guessing, but won't DCPD take DNA samples from the brother and the two women who were taken into custody? Then those samples can be run against the evidence collected at the NW home of the S family.

Can they just "take" DNA samples? Aren't they going to need some sort of reason to do so?

Why were they actually taken into custody anyway? Has that been released?

Can they just "take" DNA samples? Aren't they going to need some sort of reason to do so?

Why were they actually taken into custody anyway? Has that been released?
I'm guessing they were taken into custody because they were helping a suspected murderer get away. Since they have been arrested and were trying to help him get away, the police can ask for volunteer DNA or a judge will order it. It would be in their best interest to volunteer a sample if they had nothing to do with the murders.

I'm guessing they were taken into custody because they were helping a suspected murderer get away. Since they have been arrested and were trying to help him get away, the police can ask for volunteer DNA or a judge will order it. It would be in their best interest to volunteer a sample if they had nothing to do with the murders.

Yes, probably something akin to aiding and abetting and possibly receiving stolen goods.

Yes, probably something akin to aiding and abetting and possibly receiving stolen goods.

I have a feeling they all may turn on DDW to save their own skin. No doubt DDW bragged about what he had done.

I believe since they were found both in his company and in possession of the money from the crime the poilce have probable cause to get a warrant/supeona from a judge to get their DNA.

So happy to wake up to this news today. This case is going to stay with me forever. Like the Petit family. As a parent, this is absolutely the worst nightmare I could EVER imagine. And it makes me wonder what I would do in this situation.

If she lied to police to distract the investigation, make it accessory after the fact.

Wowzers! According to ABC, he was arrested 2 miles from his father's house. I'm also pleased to no end that everyone with him were arrested as well. Only $10,000 found.

"Federal marshals had been tracking Wint on Thursday night from College Park as he traveled in a white Chevrolet Cruze, a police official said. The suspect was traveling with two women, and one of them was driving. The Cruze was following a white box truck, which had two black males inside. At least one of the men was believed to be a relative of Wint’s, the official said."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

I hope they release the names of those traveling with him. There was $10,000 in cash in the truck and they seemed to have been all together at the Howard Johnson, so it's going to be hard to feign ignorance.

Just thinking that although Wint is the only one definitely linked by DNA that we know, he may not be the "leader" of this disgusting group.

I really am anxious to know more about the ALL the others.

http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-five-others-arrested-along-with-daron-dylon-wint

The metanarrative begins as predicted.....

Wint's former attorney, Robin Ficker, insists that he believes the 34-year-old is innocent. "He is a very nice person," Ficker tells PEOPLE. "He is charming. Gentle. Patriotic. He tried to join the Marines. He is not violent. He is the last person I'd ever think would be involved in this crime, or in any violent crime. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with it."

He adds that he believes police made up any charges against Wint in this case. "I think the police went over a list of the employees at [Savopoulos'] company, and found anyone who had criminal charges in the past," he says. "They made it up."

Copied over from the last thread per Oceanblueeyes:
LOL! Did he also say he failed boot camp miserably and they tossed him out. Either he couldn't make the grade, which actually quite a few cant ...because it is grueling training or he back talked his Drill Sgt. and other high officials and they found him unfit.

Either way he has always been a loser and a violent hothead, imo.

IMO

Or they found him to be psychologically unfit. Those in supervisory positions in the military are trained to watch out for recruits who are giving off signs that they may be mentally unstable.

http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-five-others-arrested-along-with-daron-dylon-wint

Wint's former attorney, Robin Ficker, insists that he believes the 34-year-old is innocent. "He is a very nice person," Ficker tells PEOPLE. "He is charming. Gentle. Patriotic. He tried to join the Marines. He is not violent. He is the last person I'd ever think would be involved in this crime, or in any violent crime. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with it."

He adds that he believes police made up any charges against Wint in this case. "I think the police went over a list of the employees at [Savopoulos'] company, and found anyone who had criminal charges in the past," he says. "They made it up."

^^^THIS is why I could never be an attorney. I mean, chances are, at some point, you're going to have to defend someone that you know is guilty. How does he sleep at night?

Oh, here we go.

DNA doesn't lie, sir.

There was a report on FOX 5 DC this morning in the 7am hour which painted the assistant who delivered the money in a very shady light... It hasn't been posted to their website yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl