DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family statement after arrest...

"We are thankful to law enforcement who have worked so diligently to bring about an arrest in this case.
While it does not abate our pain, we hope that it begins to restore a sense of calm and security to our neighborhood and to our city. We are blessed to live in a community comprised of close circles of friends who have supported us and grieve with us.

We are grateful, as well, to the men and women of the fire department for their professionalism and caring.

Our family, and Vera's family, have suffered unimaginable loss, and we ask for the time and space to grieve privately."

There was a report on FOX 5 DC this morning in the 7am hour which painted the assistant who delivered the money in a very shady light... It hasn't been posted to their website yet.

I hope he's not the 3rd men arrested . I'm just glad LE got them, they made a terrific job in this case,MOO

Family statement after arrest...

"We are thankful to law enforcement who have worked so diligently to bring about an arrest in this case.
While it does not abate our pain, we hope that it begins to restore a sense of calm and security to our neighborhood and to our city. We are blessed to live in a community comprised of close circles of friends who have supported us and grieve with us.

We are grateful, as well, to the men and women of the fire department for their professionalism and caring.

Our family, and Vera's family, have suffered unimaginable loss, and we ask for the time and space to grieve privately."

This breaks my heart even more. This entire family is just so kind and classy. The world needs more people like this in it. So many prayers for them. Especially their two remaining daughters.

Kinda hits home because the ages of their kids are almost identical to myself, my sister, and little bro - I can't even comprehend what they must be feeling right now.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-five-others-arrested-along-with-daron-dylon-wint

The metanarrative begins as predicted.....

Wint's former attorney, Robin Ficker, insists that he believes the 34-year-old is innocent. "He is a very nice person," Ficker tells PEOPLE. "He is charming. Gentle. Patriotic. He tried to join the Marines. He is not violent. He is the last person I'd ever think would be involved in this crime, or in any violent crime. I would be shocked if he had anything to do with it."

He adds that he believes police made up any charges against Wint in this case. "I think the police went over a list of the employees at [Savopoulos'] company, and found anyone who had criminal charges in the past," he says. "They made it up."

They made it up and forced him to lick a piece of stale pizza crust.

Omg I just saw the link- five others arrested? :( I mean I am so glad people are being arrested but holy god

BBM

"Wint was born and raised in Guyana and moved to the United States in 2000, when he was almost 20 years old, according to court records filed in Maryland. He joined the Marine Corps that same year and was discharged for medical reasons, the records show. Following his discharge, he worked as a certified welder, the records show."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3arxLrgjD

I hope he's not the 3rd men arrested . I'm just glad LE got them, they made a terrific job in this case,MOO
It was clear from the report that he hadn't been arrested. The report was weird to say the least-- lot's of shots of the assistant's social media showcasing photos of things (cars, other stuff) that were actually the family's.

It was clear from the report that he hadn't been arrested. The report was weird to say the least-- lot's of shots of the assistant's social media showcasing photos of things (cars, other stuff) that were actually the family's.

OMG terrifying

Justice for these victims starts NOW!

I saw an early description of Wint on the last thread that had him at 5'6 and 160lbs. In the live feed and related coverage he looks much taller and heavier. Also, does anyone think this is the same person caught on video carrying the white bucket? The two just don't match up for me.

I guess we will find out soon but you are right he does look bigger. Did anyone see Anderson Cooper last night? They had shown a new picture of Wint, he looked heavy set and his right eye was swollen.

"Text messages and voicemails from the Savopouloses to their confused and frightened household staff suggest something was amiss in the house many hours before the bodies were found."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3arxx5lsw

Aahhh....nicely worded. The reporting on this case hasn't been of the highest standard, and I just have to pause to appreciate a good article summarizing the events.

"Wint was convicted of assaulting one girlfriend in Maryland in 2009, and he pleaded guilty the next year to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly threatened to kill a woman and her infant daughter, breaking into her apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car.
"'I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends,' Wint told that woman, according to the records. 'The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police,' a detective wrote."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3arzOUEkT

"In the mid-2000s, four people — including his father and a housemate — petitioned for restraining orders, the records show. Not all requests were granted, but a judge did order Wint to stay away from his father for a year.

In November 2005, Dennis Wint wrote in a sworn statement that his son had threatened violence. Police ordered the younger Wint to leave, but he stayed nearby, his father said, and 'stood in the street in front of the house and continued to threaten me and my wife. I also have an 8-year-old child who was terrified.'”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

Oh I saw those pictures somewhere , but IIRC he said at least in one pic that it was the boss car . And anyway if he was involved wouldn't it be more logical for him and Wint to meet somewhere else, he wouldn't need to go to the house to make the delivery, MOO

Anyone know if he will be able to be tried in federal court, so he can be eligible for the death penalty? He clearly crossed state lines.

So the chatty housekeeper has zilch to do with the operation? No way you'd talk to the media thar much if you were involved.

I wish all LE worked with this swiftness.

This was briefly discussed a thread or so ago, but how/why was the DNA processed so quickly? Killer on the run? Wealthy family? PD lab not backed up like other major American cities? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl