Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert, 24, missing May 2010, found Oak Beach Dec 2011 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CuriousCricket said "This testimony has deepened my belief that the reason SG went berserk that evening was because RH had arrived as a guest at the party while SG and the host had left the home. When she came in and saw RH, she likely knew she was in grave danger -- IMO."

I had never considered that. Great Point. Does anybody know if RH knew Joseph Brewer, the party host? Had Brewer ever been to RH's home for a party?

John Ray alluded to this possibility in one of his press conferences several months ago. He said that guys like Rex, often like to be part of groups of others with the same interests. He said that's probably why he joined the swingers group(s).

This former SW shared her story about meeting Rex H at another type of weekend party on Long Island.
Heuermann is hard to mistake for any other stranger soliciting sex workers. If he was doing swinger parties in Manhattan as well as attending motel sex parties on Long Island, it's possible he knew Brewer and attended his sex party as well.

Shannan may have been familiar with his hobby of "hunting" women (as it was alleged he was witnessed doing by the cab driver on Long Island and at the sex party at his own home), the same thing could have happened to Shannan. It could explain why she was terrified to go outside.

Last edited:
One other thing that bothered me about SG’s disappearance is that I am under the impression that the SCPD didn’t put an adequate amount of effort into searching for her. After speaking to the neighbors and witnesses who encountered and heard Shannon and after the arrival of one I do think blood hounds, much better search lighting, helicopters and sonars could have been deployed to have improved their chances of finding her, hopefully alive, or recovering her remains so that a more helpful autopsy and forensic investigation could have been performed in a timely manner. I think of this too in light of reading several articles online that state at least 2 residents called 911 for her and ultimately her remains were found not far from PH’s house. This implies to me that her distance was not far enough away from residential areas that she could not have been located much more quickly, or at least in a timely manner, and that perhaps she could have even been saved. LE also had access to trained emergency, medical and mental health professionals and interventionist that could have used megaphones to communicate with her, even if one sidedly, to build enough trust to guide her to them, and out of the marsh, with the sound of their voice and any large lighting equipment flare guns and sirens had their disposal to guide her.

I understand and am not trying to downplay thar there was concern of first responders and LE drowning while searching in the marsh but they do have other have organizations, including those based on conservation in that area, that could have been a big help consultation wise and perhaps even provide equipment and training to prevent such deaths from occurring as they searched to locate SG.

One of the things that does sadden me most about SG’s case is that I do think she could have been saved or at least located much sooner, particularly after the witnesses and other 911 callers were spoken too, so that her and her family could get the answers and justice they deserve after fighting for so long for LE and the media to even care about the fact that she was missing and to take her case seriously. All they wanted to do, like any other concerned family searching for their beloved, was bring her home safe, alive into their loving arms.
I have always wondered, if the SCPD officer who arrived at Oak Beach (after Michael Pak left), and was met by Gus Coletti at the entrance gate, did much of an investigation and what was in his report.

It is my understanding that he spoke to Gus for a few minutes, drove around and left. I do not believe he interviewed any of the other 911 callers. As well I do not believe he called for any other resources to search for Shannan.

I have always wondered, if the SCPD officer who arrived at Oak Beach (after Michael Pak left), and was met by Gus Coletti at the entrance gate, did much of an investigation and what was in his report.

It is my understanding that he spoke to Gus for a few minutes, drove around and left. I do not believe he interviewed any of the other 911 callers. As well I do not believe he called for any other resources to search for Shannan.
That was my impression, too. I'll have to go back and watch the documentary about Shannan and her mom, but as I recall, she's the one who pushed them to investigate. Most of that happened days after Shannan disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back