DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Megyn Kelly ‏@megynkelly 25m25 minutes ago
Former attorney for quadruple murder suspect: “Why are they saying he’s armed and dangerous? He’s a nice person. He’s patriotic.” #KellyFile

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 26m26 minutes ago
Robin Ficker, Fmr. Attorney for Wint: "I'm not going to comment on whether or not I've spoken with him." #KellyFile

Just stating again that the attorney, Robin Ficker (I could easily misspell his name if I were that sort of person), is a publicity-seeking jerk. Posting his Wikipedia page again, (most of which -- the good stuff -- he probably wrote himself):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_Ficker

His attorney appears to be even more stupid then DDW, if that's possible. Maybe he can talk him in, dumb to dumber, & then they can go to trial.

It may be heard to believe, but perhaps attorney wants to lure him in in order to avoid his (Wints) own death and poss other innocent peop.

It may be heard to believe, but perhaps attorney wants to lure him in in order to avoid his (Wints) own death and poss other innocent peop.

Yep true you can't make money from a dead client and he's got 40,000 reasons now

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

MMMMMM Off to bed
Hoping for positive info in the morning

He WILL be apprehended soon
No question, LE are ON it

Thanks to all who posted info, awesome coverage

Any reason to think he's still on land, wouldn't it be fairly easy for him to get aboard a merchant ship for the right $$$ .. or is that crazy?

You're absolutely right, here's hoping he has good intentions. I wouldn't want anyone else to get hurt.

the girlfriend lied about him being in new York, and lied about him going back to D.C. to turn himself in. imo she is an accomplice after the fact. bust her and grill her till she talks.

RFK, I really liked your explanation of the possible reason for 10 hours on the past thread. I was thinking the same thing. It may have only been 10 hours that all 4 were alive. The reporting has been so bad it is impossible to tell whether it is just bad reporting or maybe it is accurate but not information the police wanted to put out to the public right now.

Sorry...that should be RKF not RFK....:blushing:

I checked NY database, too. Maybe he was arrested under a different name? If he's using Steffon/Stephen, then he has more convictions than I thought. It's hard to keep up with all the aliases. How do states identify a defendant? How do they know who they have in custody?

What do you think of this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...a-suspect-in-the-d-c-mansion-murders/?hpid=z2

BBM

"Despite the fact that the home had been burned, D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier said Tuesday that investigators had been able to collect quite a lot of evidence from the scene, including a video and DNA samples."

Is this video from the home? Or, the video of the perp running after the car fire? With the wacky info in news reports on this case, I'm not sure what the video from the scene here refers to.

Yes, a lot of stuff LE says can be interpreted more than one way. So, they aren't necessarily giving out wrong information, but possibly partial or up-for-interpretation.

I checked NY database, too. Maybe he was arrested under a different name? If he's using Steffon/Stephen, then he has more convictions than I thought. It's hard to keep up with all the aliases. How do states identify a defendant? How do they know who they have in custody?

Fingerprints will do it now for identity - they scan them now into the system. But before if you got arrested w/o ID you could say any name. I'm gonna check other names now that I know he's using aliases

the girlfriend lied about him being in new York, and lied about him going back to D.C. to turn himself in. imo she is an accomplice after the fact. bust her and grill her till she talks.

Whaat!?!

With the reporting we've seen on this case?

NYPD won't do that until they're next to positive she was protecting him. And even then, they won't charge her imo.

She's not involved imo. Grill her: that they will certainly do.

Who knows what the sociopath told her? Who knows what reporting is even accurate? Hard to believe much of what I've heard and read other than few basic facts.

Most were ready to point the finger at NG. And I think it's pretty accurate to say She Was Not Involved.

Hearing your loved ones tortured.
For money.
They must have felt that the devil himself, was holding them captive.

I thought that the murders of the Petite family was the worst I'd ever heard of.
But this is even worse.

Hard to believe That a human being can be so cruel.
well, in America.

In the Middle East, this is a daily occurrence.

I hope with all of my heart that this is captured before he hurts anyone else.
Law Enforcement should put out a wanted poster showing him bald, or with short hair.
I agree with the poster who said that, if, there is evidence that his girlfriend helped him, in any way, that she should be arrested.

Yes, a lot of stuff LE says can be interpreted more than one way. So, they aren't necessarily giving out wrong information, but possibly partial or up-for-interpretation.

Also the guy is "stupid" enough to leave a pizza crust w his DNA- and blow up their Porsche right near his parents house. I think that shows how much (little) he was thinking and/or a pretty poor understanding of the capabilities of forensic evidence- they HAVE to be throwing nuggets out there to try to catch him off guard. Or they know where he is already and are just trying to close in on him safely with the "standing down" thing

Guys, I apologize, don't know why I keep double posting. Leaving before I mess up this thread any further.

Guys, I apologize, don't know why I keep double posting. Leaving before I mess up this thread any further.

Don't sweat it. Sometimes the board is glitchy and anyway- to me it doesn't look like you are double posting.

I have to believe that the net is tightening around him. 40K isn't much, especially considering the 100K reward. It's a no-brainer; someone is going to turn on him. He doesn't seem like a very nice person (obviously), so if it comes down to complicity to felony murder (or aiding and abetting) or 100K, which would someone choose?

I also feel so good about the Metropolitan Police (esp. Chief Cathy Lanier) for re-affirming my faith in them. I never doubted that they were on top of the situation, and that they would crack this case wide open. It isn't over until it's over, but my kudos to MPD for a job well-done thus far!

Ta da! Stephen Wint: edited to remove pic- I am pretty sure that's not him- wrong age. Sorry guys, my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member