DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe that the net is tightening around him. 40K isn't much, especially considering the 100K reward. It's a no-brainer; someone is going to turn on him. He doesn't seem like a very nice person (obviously), so if it comes down to complicity to felony murder (or aiding and abetting) or 100K, which would someone choose?

I also feel so good about the Metropolitan Police (esp. Chief Cathy Lanier) for confirming my faith in them. I never doubted that they were on top of the situation, and that they would crack this case wide open. It isn't over until it's over, but my kudos to MPD for a job well-done thus far!
Except... snitches get stitches and end up in ditches.

The money thing:

According to police documents and law enforcement officials, Savvas Savopoulos’s assistant dropped off a package containing $40,000 to the house hours before the fire and bodies were discovered last Thursday. Police records also show numerous calls involving Savopoulos from and to the assistant, a bank, an accountant and business associates that morning.

This is what makes me sooo sad. He went through all that work getting him that money and then he and his wife and child and maid are killed.

Is that an alias or a relative?

Read that he has relatives in Queens, NY.

Is that an alias or a relative?

Read that he has family in Queens, NY.

I'm not sure but it had the wrong age and took I took it down just in case it was not him. His age according to the news is 34.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Megyn Kelly ‏@megynkelly 25m25 minutes ago
Former attorney for quadruple murder suspect: “Why are they saying he’s armed and dangerous? He’s a nice person. He’s patriotic.” #KellyFile

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 26m26 minutes ago
Robin Ficker, Fmr. Attorney for Wint: "I'm not going to comment on whether or not I've spoken with him." #KellyFile

Well isn't that touching. He is patriotic. Sure hope they catch him soon so he can celebrate

:fireworks:

in the big house!

Whaat!?!

With the reporting we've seen on this case?

NYPD won't do that until they're next to positive she was protecting him. And even then, they won't charge her imo.

She's not involved imo. Grill her: that they will certainly do.

Who knows what the sociopath told her? Who knows what reporting is even accurate? Hard to believe much of what I've heard and read other than few basic facts.

Most were ready to point the finger at NG. And I think it's pretty accurate to say She Was Not Involved.

if I throw out every media report and don't comment I guess I wont be saying anything at all...cause 'pizza idiot' kinda gets boring after awhile.

if even half the reports about the gf are true, she either lied about him being in new York, or lied about him going back to dc 'to turn himself in'

I really don't care what 'the sociopath told her'. she knows this is real. if she is covering for him she is an accomplice after the fact. so YES that would mean she was 'involved' not in the crime itself but the aftermath.

she is not under duress from him, is not jaycee or Elizabeth, has no reason to cover for him.........JMO

if I throw out every media report and don't comment I guess I wont be saying anything at all...cause 'pizza idiot' kinda gets boring after awhile.

if even half the reports about the gf are true, she either lied about him being in new York, or lied about him going back to dc 'to turn himself in'

I really don't care what 'the sociopath told her'. she knows this is real. if she is covering for him she is an accomplice after the fact. so YES that would mean she was 'involved' not in the crime itself but the aftermath.

she is not under duress from him, is not jaycee or Elizabeth, has no reason to cover for him.........JMO

I really think she was after the $100,000 reward, but it didn't work. I doubt he has contacted her at all. He is laying low.

I agree she needs to be arrested for obstruction if she lied on purpose.

I wonder if the creep called his relatives in NYC and told ALL of them to lie for him if anybody from LE starts asking about his location. Based on early reports today about him staying the night at her place, I have to think she lied on purpose.

Then I think LE grilled her enough and scared her enough to make her tell the truth. They may have even bargained with her that they would not file obstruction charges if she just tells the truth, but if she continues to lie then they will throw the book at her.

All speculation on my part but I am going with this for now. Because the early reports were way way specific and so LE had to get that info from somewhere about him staying the night over at her place.

Lets get this creep.

Coming up on the 11:00 NY news broadcasts. Will it be more "news" about what they DON'T know (don't know if he's in NY or if girlfriend was truthful...) and more conflicting "news" accounts?

And IF he was in NYC, or still is, or is any crowded area or on a bus, train or airport terminal with the arrival of darkness--in any crowded major city with or without the weekend approaching>NYPD and LE are gonna say whatever they need to say in order to avoid panic & fear as well as to counter possible leaks in order to grab him without putting others at risk.

I agree. She wanted that $100,000 reward. The media are reporting what they have been told by sources.

The Chief made a point of singling out the leaks to the media. I doubt she was pointing the finger at her own officers.

The gf was interviewed by the US Marshall task force. If she lied, they will prosecute her. If NG was interviewed by federal officers and lied, she will be prosecuted.

JMO

NBCNY live news is reporting Wint's cell is now pinging back in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laloeromero