DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that might be a story NG made up to make it sound like she knew about the $40,000. It never made sense, and I later saw an article where she was quoted as saying she didn't know anything about a scheduled delivery and she didn't talk to the assistant (who delivered it) that afternoon. I can look for the article, but I'm still trying to catch up on the thread!

My take is that NG knew about the money because she was a co-conspirator and when she realized she shouldn't have known about it, she backpedaled.

JMO

The lie that W-1 also included WHEN he received the text from SS. W-1 first said the text arrived Thursday morning. He later said the text arrived on Wednesday. That is a big difference. I have no idea what the significance is, though.

ETA: Correction: He said he received a CALL on Thursday and a TEXT on Wednesday. Sorry. It's all confusing!

Wouldn't the significance be what time he received the text on Wednesday? Because if he received a text to bring money to the house BEFORE SS was believed to be held captive...it changes everything.

It means that employees knew money was destined to go to the house, not for ransom, but for some other reason. If he was texted by SS , say at 11AM...that's time to set this whole thing in motion.

When I first read the docs I was reading it as W-1 and IT as 2 seperate people. Now I'm pretty sure W-1 and IT are the same person- the assistant. I think it was being written up as "it" instead of "he". Makes more sense if you substitute it for he when reading.

Oh, to get back to that lawyer guy who insinuated the pizza boxes were found in the garbage (reference upthread). No, the boxes and crust were in the bedroom where three of the murder victims were found.

Interestingly, one pizza completely un-eaten and only 1/4 eaten of the other one. So he definetely wasn't feeding the family.
Also suggests that he might have acted alone. There is no way two men could only eat a 1/4 of one pizza, is there?

Red car still missing from the garage?
"Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle."
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

The red car was in the garage and searched according to the charging documents. (page 5 of 8)

A visual inspection was conducted of the red sports car that was parked inside of the garage of 3201 Woodland Drive; there was no visible traces of a manila envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

$40,000 Delivered to Family's Home

On Wednesday, FOX 5's Paul Wagner reported a large amount of money was scheduled to be delivered at the Savopoulos' D.C. home last week. According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive on May 14, the day the bodies were found after a fire.

In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning.

Gutierrez is the same housekeeper who received a text message on the morning of May 14 telling her not to come to the Savopoulos' home because the family was sick.

That is an excerpt from the information posted at the link upthread (http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court)

Sounds like our old friend NG and the courier gave conflicting information here. It's certainly a bad time for either one to get caught in a lie. Just one of them lied? Or both?

I hope the police are aware that the niece who lives in FL posted about this cash delivery days before we heard the news reports about it in the comments section of a news website. I can't remember if she mentioned the timing....but if she did I wonder how that info compares to the affidavits?

How the heck would Nelitza Gutierrez know that the assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia?????

Wouldn't the significance be what time he received the text on Wednesday? Because if he received a text to bring money to the house BEFORE SS was believed to be held captive...it changes everything.

It means that employees knew money was destined to go to the house, not for ransom, but for some other reason. If he was texted by SS , say at 11AM...that's time to set this whole thing in motion.

They were already held captive on Wednesday.

Ok now I'm totally confused because I read that NBCWashington report and also am watching CNN.

Jake Tapper just reported that all people from last night except wint had been released. That there were more people with Wint inside the home (cathy lanier- the chief of police i believe was on the phone) - she said that there are still suspects out there that are NOT in custody. And also said that there WAS someone with the person who dropped the money.

So from that I got that they are interested in the dropper of the money AND the person with them. And it made it sound like those two people were not the people they had in custody last night.

That actually makes sense.

JMO

I think that might be a story NG made up to make it sound like she knew about the $40,000. It never made sense, and I later saw an article where she was quoted as saying she didn't know anything about a scheduled delivery and she didn't talk to the assistant (who delivered it) that afternoon. I can look for the article, but I'm still trying to catch up on the thread!

woah wait okay- catch me up about this one point. Also do you think she's a suspect or was one people with the assistant when he dropped the $$?

I read in one of the posts here that both the assistant and her were about 30 miles from the house (chantilly) and the assistant was in that area - rather the hardstore there- near the new studio, and that NG was at another client's house near that as well.

Kind of coincidental maybe if they end up being involved that they were both said they were the same distance from the house but not together. That seems kinda weird to me. Maybe I'm mixing up details.

Also, FYI, as an ad on to my above post- it was the police chief that said there were definitely other people in the house with Wint.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/daron...ord-mug-shot-photos-video-court-accomplice-o/
good read................
Wint was convicted in 2009 of second-degree assault and served 30 days in jail. He was charged with burglary in 2010, but pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property. A protective order was also issued against him that year.
He is originally from Georgetown, Guyana.
Wint tried to join the U.S. Marines in 2001, and attended basic training, but did not complete the training and separated from the Marine Corps that year, the Post reports.
He was ordered to stay away from his father for a year in 2005.

How the heck would Nelitza Gutierrez know that the assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia?????

That's what seemed so weird for me- because she was not working at their house on the day that all the text messages went back and forth and calls to get the money thing set up. She was off. So how would she know about it?

Ok now I'm totally confused because I read that NBCWashington report and also am watching CNN.

Jake Tapper just reported that all people from last night except wint had been released. That there were more people with Wint inside the home (cathy lanier- the chief of police i believe was on the phone) - she said that there are still suspects out there that are NOT in custody. And also said that there WAS someone with the person who dropped the money.

So from that I got that they are interested in the dropper of the money AND the person with them. And it made it sound like those two people were not the people they had in custody last night.
Yes. The way Chief Lanier answered Jake's inquiry about if the assistant who lied was a suspect, made it clear that he's not ruled out by any means. ..

They were already held captive on Wednesday.

SS wasn't there until 6PM. That's in the charging docs as the time the family was taken captive.

IIR He received a text at 5:30 PM from Amy to come home because she needed to go out.

She found out from the press.

I am reading it as 2 separate people also.

If you read the affidavit all in one piece, it's a bit clearer. W1 is the assistant/driver. Instead of using the pronoun "he," the pronoun "IT" is used. No one drove the driver to the house. He drove himself.

W1 is identified in the affidavit as the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member