DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if they were going to pick up the car -- presumably to sell it -- wouldn't that make them so stupid as to test one's credulity? I mean, the manhunt was on, people were looking for the car, and even if it was one of the rare and expensive ones (especially if it were) either they would have to sell it for very little or find someone who was willing to pay a lot and ask no questions and be willing to do it without a clear title - unlikely. So the risk of getting caught with evidence of involvement in a quadruple murder was high, and the car's street value was low. There have got to be easier ways to make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going back yesterday to pick up what car? Sell what car?? The Porche was burned, the red car was in garage, and at property behind crime scene tape as was others. There was no missing car.

Are you thinking that day before yesterday they were going back to crime scene to get a car which is under wraps?

Not following... expound please?

Going back yesterday to pick up what car? Sell what car?? The Porche was burned, the red car was in garage, and at property behind crime scene tape as was others. There was no missing car.

Are you thinking that day before yesterday they were going back to crime scene to get a car which is under wraps?

This article from http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html ORIGINALLY said this: "Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle."

That was apparently BAD reporting, because now it does NOT say that. It has been deleted! Many of us took it for the truth! Ha.

I had to skip a bunch of pages on last thread. I'm sooooooo confused :banghead:. ok so 1st it was said there were 4 bundles of cash from the bank, then w-? gets 2 bundles instead. What happened to the other 2 bundles? Stolen?.............:confused:

ETA sorry if this has been covered already.

Seems that wints would be singing like a canary if others were involved, no?

So far we know about:
A blue Porsche
A Bentley
A Mosler
A Range Rover

IIRC, pix taken of S home 'backside' w LE vehicles on street also showed -
2 cars in on driveway. A white/light one on left, other red convertible Audi (BMW?).
Not saying S fam owned them, just that they sat in drive.
Sorry, no link to pix, posted & discussed here, maybe Sat or Sun.

Regarding the new martial arts business in Chantilly that SS was opening... does anyone have the name, address, any additional info?

I don't remember seeing it in news reports (but I'm sure there are some I've missed)

Quoting myself :)D)

Was this to be a private studio? Where's the announcement/publicity/fanfare?? Am I the only one puzzled by this? (Tell me gently, if so ;))

Just for understanding... what leads this posting to believe that SS *apparently* kept vests in the garage vs. the perps brought. Link for that deduction? Or just a :moo: ??

TIA!
Our local news said that SS kept a box of vests at the house that he used when he went on-site. jmo

Just had another thought about the significance of W1 lying, maybe.

He first said he received a phone call Thursday instructing him to go AIW and meet Other Employee. W1 then said he and the Other Employee went to the bank to pick up the money. He watched the Other Employee and a bank employee in a transaction.

His second version is that he received a text on Wednesday instructing him to meet Other Employee. In this verison, he is instructed to meet Other Employee and the Other Employee gives him bundles of money from his pocket. In this version, there is no mention of a bank.

W1 sends a photo of the money to W2 at 9am. Banks don't normally open before 9am (and someone on WS checked the bank website and confirmed it opens at 9am). In the second version, W1 did not pick up the package from the bank.

What does this mean? I think it means that wheels were set in motion Wednesday night after banking hours and early Thursday to obtain that money in cash from wherever they could. The fact that it's bundled makes me think it was from the bank, but perhaps this high-level people have money in stack in safes outside the bank. Or, someone at the bank opened early for them. Something happened OTHER than standard banking procedures during standard banking hours, and that might be one more reason for W1 to lie.

Total hunch! Correct me if I'm heading in the wrong direction....or, better yet, tell me the direction I'm heading as I don't know. But I do think the 9am photo is a clue that the money wasn't obtained that morning in a bank with W1 witnessing a transaction.

JMO, speculation.

This is a reason why I have asked Tricia to make a place here on WS for cases and prelims! I have missed 2 prelims in the past month (SHAME ON MEEEEEE!) and would love that as a feature. We will find out so many answers at the preliminary hearing! Perhaps folks can :bump: :bump: :bump: before this happens to make sure we see it. Heather Graham thread yesterday had NO POSTS for her prelim as I think folks didn't get it bumped. So so so :(

Just for understanding... what leads this posting to believe that SS *apparently* kept vests in the garage vs. the perps brought. Link for that deduction? Or just a :moo: ??

TIA!

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...urder-daron-wint-charging-documents/27788809/
<snipped - read more>

The Stolen Car

On Thursday, May 14, Amy Savopoulos's blue, 2008 Porsche 911 was missing from the house. A witness told police that they saw the car around 1:30 p.m. driving on New York Avenue, Northeast headed toward Maryland. The car was being driven by a black male with short, well groomed hair. He was wearing a neon lime green construction vest.

The car was found on fire around 5:30 p.m. in the 8001 block of Annapolis Road in New Carrollton, Md. Video surveillance shows a black male, wearing a dark colored hoodie and blue jeans, carrying a bucket. The neon lime green vest was found burned in the car. Officials say several of these vests were found in the family's garage.

perps brother driving a "rolling garage" when arrested. One car still missing...

Ameri Fleet Solutions (name?) referring to its service as "rolling garage"
meant a service garage, a mobile service truck w tools & equipment, to be sent to the site where a broken-down vehicle can be repaired, instead of towing to garage.
Not a truck w (garage-type) space to contain or transport a vehicle. jmo imo moo.
See my post on page 1of this thread, w link to AFS.

No -- I was responding to someone who said "maybe they were going back to pick up the car," and I was pointing out why that seems unlikely. I'm not sure which car the OP was referencing. The only thing I'm sure of is that it's unlikely that the purpose of having the truck was to go pick up one of the family's cars, no matter where it was.

Still not working... I do really want to see it though.

Ok so DH is home. He's a deputy here. Not like that matters- but he's good at telling me what's significant and what's not from LE point of view.

I was running through details with him because he knows what's going on but not to the extent of us sleuthers.

With regards to w1: I told him about all the lies. He said: "what would the point of him lying be? If he was involved what would lying about stuff be when obviously they were going to check text messages. It IS possible he is just totally fried mentally - having just lost his boss, and their entire family in such an atrocious manner, and YOU delivered the money there - while they were inside struggling- but you didn't realize what was going on at the time, and if you did, you may have been able to save them? That guilt would almost kill anyone, imagine what would happen if you were in the same position for CC (a business owner in the area my family is close to and I've done work for in the past)... You'd feel awful. You'd be a wreck. You'd probably forget very simple details, you don't even know how that level of stress would afffect you."

So he does have a good point. He did not rule out his involvement possibly but did validate that he could be totally innocent, devastated, just a hot mess after all of this.

He did point out that someone had to have tipped off Wint because he was able to overcome the security system. Would the assistant even have those codes? Possibly not. NG would definitely have those codes.

He also thinks what is REALLY weird- what really stuck out is that NG got her nails done.

Like he said with W1: the duress of the whole situation would make you crumble, but this lady is going and getting her nails done? THAT is bizarre and really raises my eyebrows.

So... all opinions and speculation of course, but with his added experience as LE. :) What do you guys think?

Still not working... I do really want to see it though.

Ok so DH is home. He's a deputy here. Not like that matters- but he's good at telling me what's significant and what's not from LE point of view.

I was running through details with him because he knows what's going on but not to the extent of us sleuthers.

With regards to w1: I told him about all the lies. He said: "what would the point of him lying be? If he was involved what would lying about stuff be when obviously they were going to check text messages. It IS possible he is just totally fried mentally - having just lost his boss, and their entire family in such an atrocious manner, and YOU delivered the money there - while they were inside struggling- but you didn't realize what was going on at the time, and if you did, you may have been able to save them? That guilt would almost kill anyone, imagine what would happen if you were in the same position for CC (a business owner in the area my family is close to and I've done work for in the past)... You'd feel awful. You'd be a wreck. You'd probably forget very simple details, you don't even know how that level of stress would afffect you."

So he does have a good point. He did not rule out his involvement possibly but did validate that he could be totally innocent, devastated, just a hot mess after all of this.

He did point out that someone had to have tipped off Wint because he was able to overcome the security system. Would the assistant even have those codes? Possibly not. NG would definitely have those codes.

He also thinks what is REALLY weird- what really stuck out is that NG got her nails done.

Like he said with W1: the duress of the whole situation would make you crumble, but this lady is going and getting her nails done? THAT is bizarre and really raises my eyebrows.

So... all opinions and speculation of course, but with his added experience as LE. :) What do you guys think?

BBM

:blush: but I will agree to disagree and perhaps others will disagree with actions. When my other half passed, I had no shoes that were appropriate for the funeral I thought. I went to the best known department store in the US (you gals know "D's" reputation) to get shoes about 3 hours before funeral. I ended up pretty much yelling to high heaven for help..and yes, I was YELLING for help....as I wanted just effing shoes for his funeral. Yeah, I was considering my appearance and respect.

I'll give her a pass... Her nails are her thing. Even if she is crumbling. Even MORESO imho. That said.... back to discussion of #1 in general :biggrin:

(snipped for main emphasis)

OTOH, people have different ways to comfort and soothe themselves. She's most likely a "hot mess" too. I don't think getting one's nails done is really out of line. Would we be upset if she had a cup of hot chocolate (or a gin & tonic!) or watched a movie for comfort and temporary distraction from this horror?

A couple of days ago it was mentioned that a latent print was found in the home. Am I remembering that correctly? Was that before or after Wints arrest?

It stuck with me because mention was made that they were going to compare it to Wint. That seemed odd because Wints prints should have been on file and because it would have been a fairly simple matter to make the comparison. Also he would have been printed again when he was arrested.

Who released the info about the print?

I was thinking about that last night. What if? What if they ran that print and did not find anyone in the system that matched. Meaning someone without a record was in that home.
The info was probably released to put pressure on that person. To point out they made a mistake, they left evidence showing they were in the home. To put pressure on them. Media then assumed the print comparison would be with Wint. LE didn't want media going around checking out all the players without records so they didn't correct them.

In DC, not death term to negotiate though...if done at their level vs. federal

Yes, I know, not as much for prosecution to bargain with -- only thing they could offer is a lesser charge, lower prison term. Seems the police have a lot of leads -- texts, possible fingerprints, etc -- no reason to offer any deal at this point. JMO.

I have read the court ordering docs several times and I just REALLY red them again .. Does anyone think there were maybe FOUR PEOPLE INVOLVED ...I do and this is why... After changing his story the driver/assistant (W1) said that he was given FOUR wrapped stacks of cash. When witness W2 was interview they showed a photo that was received via text from W1. In the photo there were what appeared to be TWO stacks of cash. The report also noted that were NO traces of "loose cash"... When Wint was arrested they found $10,000 in cash ... So maybe two on the inside two on the out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum