DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that the records are garbled. The entry says that the building contains apartments and Leonard Sack's trust is the owner. I think that the the Savopoulos home is a one-family structure, and I would be surprised if it was owned by a trust for the benefit of Leonard Sacks.

Respectfully, I doubt trust is for benefit of Leonard, as one place online (sorry no links)
I saw Leonard listed as trustee.
Maybe scrolling up to my post ~391 would help better explain trust registration.

Also when I skimmed thru 'apartables' (~ website name) entry re this address,
I believe it said that it is single family home, no apartments.
Could have misunderstood.

But he knew by the time he spoke to LE that his boss had been murdered.

Respectfully, I doubt trust is for benefit of Leonard, as one place online (sorry no links)
I saw Leonard listed as trustee.
Maybe scrolling up to my post ~391 would help better explain trust registration.

Also when I skimmed thru 'apartables' (~ website name) entry re this address,
I believe it said that it is single family home, no apartments.
Could have misunderstood.

I think the name of the trust is 3201 Woodland Drive Land Trust with Sacks as trustee.

According to the affidavit there was a flurry of phone calls from SS to his driver and others, with the last call going out to his driver at 11:54 a.m. My theory is the money came up short $20K, and SS was frantically calling around trying to find out who had the rest of the money. The fire was set just after 1 p.m. That gave Wint approximately an hour to kill everyone in the house.

I doubt it took that long to kill them, start the fire and then flee. It is very possible that SS did not realize that his driver and his housekeeper were in on it.

JMO

Doesn't mean they didn't both drive it/ride in it.

The 2008 Carrera Turbo that is pictured is a 2 seater. It does have 2 small "buckets" behind the front seats...but I don't consider them seats. Definitely not room for a human!

I fit in those buckets.... but it's definitely not somewhere most full grown adults could fit.
Size zero or smaller is about it and that still isn't real comfy.
Not to mention the leg room issue...

This was definitely not a car regularly used for 3 people... but for 1 or 2.
If all 3 were going somewhere they'd take another car. :twocents:

But in the Charging Documents, the part about going to the bank is the first version of what W1 (Driver) told the police. He later changed the story that the Other Employee gave him bundles of money from his pockets and there is no mention of the bank. Both version are in the Charging Documents, and it sounds like the first version about the bank transaction was a lie. JMO.
bbm

Inthedetails
Good catch. Thanks for pointing out W-1's v.2 did not mention bank in Charging Doc.

So what was source of $? Mr S made flurry of calls to bk, AIW, accountant, etc.
- Mr S' pers. bk a/c(s).
- AIW bk a/c, even tho W-1's v.2 did not mention being at bk, AIW employee & driver/asst c/h/met at bk or somewhere else after AIW employee got $ at BOA.
- AIW office safe w cash inside.

My earlier post, to which you responded, was just doubting that
driver/asst or AIW employee got $ from Mr S' personal safe dep box,
because of need for key, likely kept at Mr S home.
JM2cts and I c/be wrong.

I wonder why the driver lied about the things he lied about to LE particularly after the murders when it's crucial to cooperate and he knows they are going to investigate seriously, thoroughly. However, if anyone brighter than Wint designed this mess, it seems a great deal of risk for little money unless a buyer for the car was available and there was a good pay off in that. Who would know a collector or a dealer who would sell a stolen car like this, removing the vint etc.? I have found some of the possible reasons posters give for the assistant to lie very convincing, yet I am non-plussed unless he wants to cover up a far lesser offense he was involved with--skimming off the top money he was delivering if he does not know that could cost lives; being involved with money laundering...
He's certainly a materialistic type given the instagrams. I'd hope no one this close the the family would play any part in their tragedy.
Oh, as to money orders--my recollection is that you buy them and make out the to and from etc. later. You keep a stub to show you payed for the M.O. and I believe you could still redeem yourself or simply sign over to any person with ID to redeem.

Now that, Alpine my dear, is one heck of a short hand post - I vote you text a LOT!! Yes? WOW - I had to go through it! I am sure it is similiar to my typing/spelling for you guys!!!!
WOW!
bbm

No, no, no, no, no, never texted in my life. No smart phone, etc.
My cell phone was featured on PBS Antique Road Show. Well, okay, J/K.
Seriously I hope sleuthers here can read & understand my posts.
My 'shorthand' comes from holding Gold Medal in World's Slowest Typer, for three full decades. LOL.

Your posts are extremely comprehensible, and I appreciate your many posts w links to wiki & other info-jam-packed sites, for the lay reader.
Plus your interps. Sure that many other here feel the same way.
Prob'ly time for me to get updated on Philly train crash developmts.

TYVM for your comments re my posts.

dcfire24n-5-web.jpg

HANDOUT/Reuters
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/accused-killer-fled-nypd-cab-stolen-sources-article-1.2233709
i believe this is his current mugshot.........correct me if it's not though..........

eta..........no i don't think so......dreads are too long.....

nevermind :D

Are they still doing short hand? I thought that had been supplanted by the slide rule or one of those other advancements?:dunno:

Shorthand?
When I was in junior high (before the middle school era) and high school,
we wrote by using reed styluses to leave wedge-shaped cuneiform marks
on clay tablets.* Well, looking back, seems that way, LOL.
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_tablet Okay, breaktime is over

RIP S fam & VeraF. May your families eventually find healing & comfort.
Thankful for all LE's hard work and hoping their momentum continues
and leads to conviction of those responsible for this inconceivable horror.

i edited to add............i don't think it's current......the dreads are too long.......thanks everyone.......i thought i had scooped something :D

i was wrong lol

Ugh! That photo gives me the creeps. Aside from the obvious, he definitely has something wrong with him. I can't even imagine the horror that occurred in that house.

i am surprised though that his current mugshot hasn't been released as of yet.........wonder why :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop