DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In that picture a few posts back it looks like he may have been hit in the right eye. The eye is red and there is swelling under the eye.

Is this a current photo however? There has been some confusion.

The affluent have totally different life experiences - the head of the bank would have come in at 3 in the morning for him if he asked!

Just a different world

It sounds like it was Bank of America ...I onced managed one. Affluent or not the vaults are timed. This is to prevent bank employees for example being kidnapped and forced to rob banks at 3AM. Safe deposit boxes are sacred. People keep jewelry sentimental items and bank employees are not allowed to view contents. Letting an "employee" in is nearly impossible to fathom + they must have a key. The bank does not have a copy of customers key. That protects the bank from theft accusations when grandma's wedding ring goes missing.

It sounds like it was Bank of America ...I onced managed one. Affluent or not the vaults are timed. This is to prevent bank employees for example been kidnapped and forced to rob banks at 3AM. Safe deposit boxes are sacred. People keep jewelry sentimental items and bank employees are not allowed to view contents. Letting an "employee" in is nearly impossible to fathom + they must have a key. The bank does not have a copy of customers key. That protects the bank from theft accusations when grandma's wedding ring goes missing.

This says it was BOA.

"The ex-convict accused of murdering a CEO, his family and their housekeeper in Washington D.C. tortured the father until he called his assistant to hand-deliver $40,000 ransom to the home, it has been claimed.
According to the affidavit, Daron Wint held Savvas Savopoulos, his wife Amy, their 10-year-old son Philip, and maid Veralicia Figueroa for 19 hours before killing them and setting the place alight.
Wint was an employee at Mr Savopoulos' company American Iron Works.
He tied up each hostage at 6pm, ordered two Domino's pizzas at 9.15pm, and at 9am the next day forced Mr Savopoulos to call his assistant, according to the affidavit.
The assistant was told to meet two other employees, who were to extract $40,000 cash from a Bank of America account.
The first employee went inside the branch, received four bundles of cash from a bank manager, and put them in their pockets. Outside, a second employee received the four bundles and placed them in a red striped bag. This employee then drove to Mr Savopoulos' home on Embassy Row to meet the assistant, who placed the four bundles in a manila envelope and put it inside an unlocked red car in the garage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C-mansion-used-work-welder.html#ixzz3b43tgJrR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It sounds like it was Bank of America ...I onced managed one. Affluent or not the vaults are timed. This is to prevent bank employees for example been kidnapped and forced to rob banks at 3AM. Safe deposit boxes are sacred. People keep jewelry sentimental items and bank employees are not allowed to view contents. Letting an "employee" in is nearly impossible to fathom + they must have a key. The bank does not have a copy of customers key. That protects the bank from theft accusations when grandma's wedding ring goes missing.
I have a BoA safe deposit box...it requires a thumbprint to get into the rooms with the boxes, and then the key for the box itself.

I'm not certain if it's AFS but the facial features are a bit off and abnormal. I noticed this straight away.

Also, at BoA, I once needed to withdraw $30k and was told I had to request it 30 days in advance, although the manager did approve the transaction because it was a real estate deal. I cannot imagine the bank would just give out $40k to an assistant and not the owner of the account who wasn't there in person.

Also, at BoA, I once needed to withdraw $30k and was told I had to request it 30 days in advance, although the manager did approve the transaction because it was a real estate deal. I cannot imagine the bank would just give out $40k to an assistant and not the owner of the account who wasn't there in person.

Well, it did. We know that the money were withdrawn from the police affidavit.

Obviously. I'm just suggesting it isn't a normal banking practice...

I think they made an exception for him because he is a good client. It's too bad nobody thought something was wrong about his request and asked police to check on him.

Not sure what you mean there. Many people set their homes up in a trust. The name on the trust can be anything. The trustees are not going to be visible to you. Sacks could be his attorney, but I'm quite sure he doesn't live there! It's an estate planning tool (probably a revocable living trust) so that if/when you die , the properties/assets in the trust - and there can be many more - do not become part of the will. The other trustees (likely his heirs) become owners. Your name drops out of the trust. No probate, no will involved. It's a way to protect your estate for your children. Very common.
What? All I said was the house was purchased 7/2001 and the S's moved in in 2002.

Whatever a family has, unless it's "new money"...it is just normal to them. People like the SS family are surrounded by sycophants and they become blind to the envy and anger beneath. It doesn't matter how long someone works for you or if they watched your children grow up. They may seem to truly be "friends" not employees. But they may be seething underneath.

My husband had an executive assistant, a "confidential secretary." Under her were 4 other secretaries. At Christmas and her Birthday, it was our custom to give "Mary" expensive gifts. The other secretaries got nice gifts on those days too...but not as expensive as hers. We took them all out to lunch at our Club for secretaries day.

When she was sick once, I brought homemade soup to her house. On little holidays like Valentines Day, Halloween, Easter...I picked up small gifts for Mary and the others. Hand lotion, candy...just a remembrance. My husband would put these on the desks in pretty bags before the workday started. I thought we had a mutual fondness for each other.

One summer my daughter worked at the company. I had sent in Fourth Of July bags with candy and cookies to go home for the weekend. As my daughter approached the break room, my daughter heard Mary mocking my "cheap" gift. It was not one statement but a cascade of bitterness and envy.

I was heartbroken. But we were all wiser. Soon, my husband discovered other transgressions...serious ones. She was fired and left quietly because she was nailed.

We are all the product of our experiences. I will always remember how this woman fawned over me and my family. But behind our backs, she despised us.

So I will wait and see if there is any betrayal in this case. But I won't assume that an outer show of human affection is necessarily real....when envy and jealously may be festering behind the mask.

Excellent post. Here, even in there was no betrayal, two people who worked closely with the family showed questionable judgment -- NG by constantly talking to the media during the murder investigation, and the driver, who the police say lied to them. JMO.

It is such odd story. W1 first said Bank of America which is so easy to verify/or disprove.
Seems more likely from AIW safe due to times/logistics. But we shall know one day.

bbm

No, no, no, no, no, never texted in my life. No smart phone, etc.
My cell phone was featured on PBS Antique Road Show. Well, okay, J/K.
Seriously I hope sleuthers here can read & understand my posts.
My 'shorthand' comes from holding Gold Medal in World's Slowest Typer, for three full decades. LOL.

Your posts are extremely comprehensible, and I appreciate your many posts w links to wiki & other info-jam-packed sites, for the lay reader.
Plus your interps. Sure that many other here feel the same way.
Prob'ly time for me to get updated on Philly train crash developmts.

TYVM for your comments re my posts.

I TY- enjoy your posts as well!

It sounds like it was Bank of America ...I onced managed one. Affluent or not the vaults are timed. This is to prevent bank employees for example being kidnapped and forced to rob banks at 3AM. Safe deposit boxes are sacred. People keep jewelry sentimental items and bank employees are not allowed to view contents. Letting an "employee" in is nearly impossible to fathom + they must have a key. The bank does not have a copy of customers key. That protects the bank from theft accusations when grandma's wedding ring goes missing.

ITA ^
There is no way the bank manager made any concessions, affluent or not.
IMO This was a regular weekly occurance and did not set off red flags.

I doubt it took that long to kill them, start the fire and then flee. It is very possible that SS did not realize that his driver and his housekeeper were in on it.

JMO

A little confused, are you guys talking about the housekeeper that was not killed, or the one killed?

Weird anybody would even think of tipping in this situation.[/QUOTE]
Trying to make everything seem "normal"???

it was a tip left in the envelope on the porch.[/QUOTE]
that does explain the two versions running in the media now!

I am alittle surprised nothing more has broken in this case by now. If there are others involved, I wonder how they will be found out, aside from DW talking?

Its a holiday weekend! Truth Justice and the AMerican way only work M_F! Certainly not on a paid holdiday - see Congress for more info- ha!

The head of the bank also would have reported it to police. Money laundering laws and state banking regulations pretty much trump what a wealthy client "wants."

JMO

That is the way it is suppossed to be ..................but............in...................real....................life!

I agree with everything except the reason for the calls. I think they were trying to get MORE money, in addition to the $40K.

I'm calling it a night. Solve the mysteries and tell me about it in the morning. :)

Well , while your were asleep we , solved the whole thing...........here is what happenend.............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en