DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One person seen driving away in a green vest. One person seen running away from the burning car. Partially burned green vest found in the car.
I am just curious how it could be two different people.

I thought I explained that in my post??

"reading the court documents... quoting the witness... it's an EASY assumption (IMO) that there were two DIFFERENT people"

I KNOW I'm not the only one to arrive at this thought. I've never said it's a FACT. I've only said it's an easy assumption, and I'm not alone in making the assumption.

Does anyone know anything about the family dog or dogs which is a form of security. The housekeeper NG said the perps must have entered when the dog was being walked because it was trained to attack anyone that wasn't supposed to be there. One neighbor said the dog or dogs were in the yard at time of fire. One neighbor said he saw amy and son walking the dog all the time in the past. I just find it odd that no one is asking questions about the dog or dogs and were they recovered by rescue personnel. You would think the dog could sense the distress and pain his master was going through for 18hrs only feet away and start barking and acting up to alert somone.

I thought I explained that in my post??

"reading the court documents... quoting the witness... it's an EASY assumption (IMO) that there were two DIFFERENT people"

I KNOW I'm not the only one to arrive at this thought. I've never said it's a FACT. I've only said it's an easy assumption, and I'm not alone in making the assumption.
Witness said he saw one person driving the car. So I am not understanding how witness implies there were two different people.

Does anyone know anything about the family dog or dogs which is a form of security. The housekeeper NG said the perps must have entered when the dog was being walked because it was trained to attack anyone that wasn't supposed to be there. One neighbor said the dog or dogs were in the yard at time of fire. One neighbor said he saw amy and son walking the dog all the time in the past. I just find it odd that no one is asking questions about the dog or dogs and were they recovered by rescue personnel. You would think the dog could sense the distress and pain his master was going through for 18hrs only feet away and start barking and acting up to alert somone.
Housekeeper said a lot of things. Contracitory things. On one hand, she claimed security system was always on. On the other hand, she claimed family wasn't very vigilant about security and even left the doors open.
I don't think what she says should be considered reliable.
As far as the dogs, my understanding and from what was reported, dogs were recovered from the yard. They are alive.

Not much reported on the dogs and what happened, but if there are co-conspirator(s) and one of them is familiar with the family, he could have put dog(s) in another room or outside in the yard. It may be LE investigators are keeping information about dogs close to vest for now for some reason, IDK. According to other posters/reports, dogs are okay and safe.

Investigators should bring the dogs around various POIs and I bet those dogs would know right away who harmed their owners. Dogs have an acute sense of smell and can smell death/decomposition. Wonder if the dogs are specially trained or if LE was able to recover any trace evidence on dogs fur etc? I'm sure LE/Investigators already have everything, Jmo/

Wasn't there a green (obviously burned) green vest found in the Porsche? Maybe Wint was wearing it when he drove the car 'erratically' and took it off when leaving the car?

Witness said he saw one person driving the car. So I am not understanding how witness implies there were two different people.

Couldn't one person be ducking down in passenger's seat of car or backseat? And fled in different directions once out of car or is there video of only one person leaving car (Blue Porsche church parking lot)? Idk.

Dont know if this is allowed but on Amy S. Facebook page ...she posted a link to a WAPO article about concussions "changing lives" in August of 2013.

Mods delete if inappropriate...but here it is:

"More posts from August 5 to December 31

Amy Savopoulos likes an article on The Washington Post.
August 5, 2013 ·
More often than you realize, concussions shatter lives. Another heartbreaking story. Thankful we are only having to deal with the long term effects but a reality check that it can always be worse.

Austin Trenum’s father speaks on school sizes, concussions and ‘safety scheduling’
The father of a high school football player who died after suffering his second concussion discusses scheduling...
THE WASHINGTON POST
Abigail M. Savopoulos likes this.

He (DW) must have had some means of transportation
Someone drove him there and picked him up after he burnt the car?

Just an opinion

It would seem that most neighbors in SS neighborhood would have videos on their security systems. Surely LE has the videos that would be beneficial to this case and could see the people hanging out or going in the SS house. It was stated earlier that the videos at SS's house had been erased. No link.

Point being that LE would be able to see exactly if other perps were going in or out of the house. JMO.

Another thought has entered my mind. If the one who drove the car (perhaps was/was not defendant) didn't wear a bright green vest, that car may not necessarily have been connected so strongly or at all to this case as those same bright green vests were found in the S's garage.

:moo: Another strike for "not so smart" criminal.

And/or why would he even think to wear a green vest? What profession wears a green vest, that perhaps in his mind was made to look like he was blending in? :thinking:. Why did he put it on?

Vest on then vest off thinking identifying him would be affected? Or, wearing the vest to be like someone he isn't?

tt
Given that DW seems to live in his own reality, any thing is possible. And he seems able to get others to do his bidding.

The national news last week showed a brief clip of the truck in question, with the back doors open. There appeared to be some boxes, like the kind you use when moving. But they took up only a small portion of the back corner. And something that looked like a dresser, but since this is a garage on wheels, could have been a large tool box?
It is a 'mechanics tool chest'.

Google "mechanics tool chest" and click on images.

On one article there was a pic of an animal welfare truck arriving on scene. They took the dog(s) and I believe someone here said they are with friends or family.

One thing that struck me was that once DW left Brooklyn he was able to corral lots of people (4 or 5 with him when arrested) and vehicles (car and box truck) within a few hours.

Okay.

First, there's the description of the person driving the Porsche away from the home:

"... W-3 was identified, located and interviewed. W-3 provided that at approximately I:30 PM IT observed a blue Porsche 911 driving outbound on NewYork Avenue. Northeast, Washington, D.C., headed towards Maryland. The vehicle was being driven erratically by a black male, with short well groomed hair, wearing a neon lime green construction vest."

Page 7 of the court documents (Page 1 of this thread)

Second, DDW did not appear to have short well-groomed hair in court sketches

sketch2.jpg

The description by the witness of the driver and the sketch of DDW don't match... therein lies the implication that there might be two different people.

Yes, you might theorize that the witness was mistaken AND you can suggest that the sketch in the courtroom was done by a horrible artist. That's all fine and dandy with me.

If the Mosler was the target of this thing all along, it kind of makes the lie about it being locked/unlocked a little more interesting. Maybe Mr. car-braggert let it out that Mr. S had one in his garage and he knew where the key was.
Were they after the key? Was the price for the key $20,000?
OK I'm off this site for a while. Gotta pull weeds.

To add one more thing to my post, if W-1's role was to drive the Mosler somewhere and stash it for the perps to get later - maybe he just took the dough and figured it would be his word against the perps where the money went. The perps may have thought he completed his part of the deal and were going back to get the car. Murder may never have been part of the deal. Hey, it's a theory that would explain a few things...
bye

BBM.

OK. Think about this. Is the key to the Mosler missing? Maybe W-1's original statement that it was locked is the correct one. Now it is unlocked. Who has the key? If it's missing, that could be why he changed his story to unlocked. If it was locked, he was the last one to have it, and maybe it is missing. Was that what LE was looking for when they searched for the manilla envelope??

Where did the assistant go after dropping the cash at the S home?

Thanks- makes sense. I do still wonder how DW and others originally got to the house, though. Metro isn't too far away, but did him and "others" all arrive that way? I ride the Metro every day, so I am just trying to convince myself that a pack of people about to take a family hostage wouldn't take the Metro... better for my peace of mind

If I was scouring video from the neighborhood, and you know there's lots of video from surrounding homes, I'd be looking for that white Chevy Cruze that was stopped by the U.S. Marshalls - I'd be looking frame by frame.

I shoot vast amounts of video and am also familiar with security video cams. Depending on the resolution, placement and angle of lens, time of day/night folks will look different on video/still shots than how you would perceive them in person. And if some of the nearby homes had cameras with night vision...that would be helpful. Very helpful.

And I'd be looking at lists of reported stolen cars that were recovered/ found within a 1- 2 mile radius of the S house on the start day of crimes against the S and F families.
Anything still in the impound lots from a parking ticket, ticket for too close to fire hydrant? Do you have to have a street permit near the S house to legally park on the street?

When people wear those vests the immediate thought is oh he/ she is some type of worker. Puts others at ease, unsuspecting. . .

This is true but I think when one is driving an expensive car a vest associated with workers might look more suspicious than less--I suppose if it was near a fancy restaurant or something people might think it was a parking attendant. I've wondered if the green vest might be part of the reason W-3 took notice of the car--I don't think "erratic" driving, alas, is all that uncommon in the area.

I still wonder why the person in the video running away (if that's the case, the charging documents don't seem to indicate any time for the video in relation to the fire) with a bucket wouldn't have burned the bucket along with the vest.

BBM.

OK. Think about this. Is the key to the Mosler missing? Maybe W-1's original statement that it was locked is the correct one. Now it is unlocked. Who has the key? If it's missing, that could be why he changed his story to unlocked. If it was locked, he was the last one to have it, and maybe it is missing. Was that what LE was looking for when they searched for the manilla envelope??

Great post -- very interesting idea. W-1's changed story about unlocking/locking that car has really intrigued me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3