DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read NG was a loyal and trusted employee for twenty years of this family. And there has been nothing reported of her history indicating any shadiness whatsoever. Talking to news reporters about a terrible event that is traumatizing because of one's closeness to it does not go to supporting that NG is in any way involved. I believe the various Ws are those who were in the loop about the money--probably an accountant, the driver/money deliverer, and the person who went to the bank to withdraw the money, among any others. I think the driver/assistant's lies are suspect and that his car/money obsessions make him much more likely to have been involved in anything nefarious than the housekeeper whose loyalty was proved at least a few times a week over a long period of time while the driver had only worked for SS a short time, was fired from one position, and has proven he is not credible with his lies before we are out the gate. 40K? No. That "box truck" was a rolling garage. The most likely person to be able to get rid of a very expensive car would be the driver (and it is reported the family has not had any contact with him since the time of the crime). JMO

The "box truck" was a rolling garage in the sense that it had all the tools and equipment needed to do repairs on fleet trucks and probably most everything else.

But it was not something - at least what I could see from the pics - that could transport a vehicle.

You would need a roll back to do that.

So if they wanted to repair one of the expensive cars, they brought the right truck.

If not........

I told my husband about the HK not coming home that night and not answering her phone. He said he would've been at the Savopolous house that night and wouldn't of left without seeing me,talking to me or getting the police over to the house. It was very out of the norm for the HK to do this. Man I wish at least one person would of picked up on the vibe. It was soooo many hours. :( I'm not blaming anybody here at all it's all would've ,could've,should've..

Ouch. You got me with the conference call. That's actually a really good reason. I can practically hear SS saying, "I'm going into a conference call in 5 minutes, so I won't be able to meet you in person. Just put the cash in the driver's seat of the Mosler, and I'll pick it up when I'm off the call."

The old "upcoming conference call" is a great way to cut anything short. No one questions it.

Even so, I would still be turning over the question as to why SS wanted $40K in cash in such a hurry, first thing in the morning. "What's so urgent and needs $40K cash?" I still can't come up with a plausible reason. Can you?

Lol. The conference call is the best excuse ever...
Ok...reasons for $40K cash...I'd probably tell the banker I needed it for some urgent business purchases.
I might tell the driver it was for race car parts. Or I was going to Vegas that afternoon to gamble and drink ouzo.
Or I was buying my daughter a car for graduation. Or I'd tell him it's none of his business and shut up and deliver the damn package exactly how I instructed.
Man, I wish I had a driver...

I told my husband about the HK not coming home that night and not answering her phone. He said he would've been at the Savopolous house that night and wouldn't of left without seeing me,talking to me or getting the police over to the house. It was very out of the norm for the HK to do this. Man I wish at least one person would of picked up on the vibe. It was soooo many hours. :( I'm not blaming anybody here at all it's all would've ,could've,should've..

I'm with your hubby.

I get on the cell when I think my wife has been at the store too long.

Go crazy when one of the kids isn't home when they said they would be home.

I'm probably crazy but I just worry.

:dunno:

@franker, i don't think you are too far out of the norm though, or so i hope. I would assume most husbands would be mostly demanding when something out of the very ordinary was happening. For all of them.

What kind of tone could of been given over a phone call that he felt ok with & than enough so, to leave?

I'm with your hubby.

I get on the cell when I think my wife has been at the store too long.

Go crazy when one of the kids isn't home when they said they would be home.

I'm probably crazy but I just worry.

:dunno:

The "box truck" was a rolling garage in the sense that it had all the tools and equipment needed to do repairs on fleet trucks and probably most everything else.

But it was not something - at least what I could see from the pics - that could transport a vehicle.

You would need a roll back to do that.

So if they wanted to repair one of the expensive cars, they brought the right truck.

If not........

I wonder if one of the people in the convoy worked for the company as I'm very curious as to why that vehicle of all vehicles was used. If it wasn't because one of DW's brothers worked for them, I'd think that company would then be looking for that as a stolen vehicle if it wasn't just a very temporary borrow from someone, which would be a needless risk to deal with while you're fleeing from multiple murder. I'm thinking whatever the plan was, the truck was only going to be used for a very short time for a specific purpose.

Lol. The conference call is the best excuse ever...
Ok...reasons for $40K cash...I'd probably tell the banker I needed it for some urgent business purchases.
I might tell the driver it was for race car parts. Or I was going to Vegas that afternoon to gamble and drink ouzo.
Or I was buying my daughter a car for graduation. Or I'd tell him it's none of his business and shut up and deliver the damn package exactly how I instructed.
Man, I wish I had a driver...

Tell him you need it for a ransom and then laugh.

You guys got me crackin' up...and my sleeping dogs don't appreciate it!

You guys got me crackin' up...and my sleeping dogs don't appreciate it!

OT
Oh yeah...you mentioned you have a Boston. I hope to be getting a BT puppy this summer. Great dogs!

Ouch. You got me with the conference call. That's actually a really good reason. I can practically hear SS saying, "I'm going into a conference call in 5 minutes, so I won't be able to meet you in person. Just put the cash in the driver's seat of the Mosler, and I'll pick it up when I'm off the call."

The old "upcoming conference call" is a great way to cut anything short. No one questions it.

Even so, I would still be turning over the question as to why SS wanted $40K in cash in such a hurry, first thing in the morning. "What's so urgent and needs $40K cash?" I still can't come up with a plausible reason. Can you?

I wouldn't question it. He was a CEO and had four businesses and some non-profits and a line of exotic cars. Maybe he needed to pay for something and got a cash discount? Or someone wanted to be paid off the books? Sometimes wire transfer takes awhile. Maybe he wanted cash to immediately put into another business account at another banK ? OR maybe he saw a car he wanted to go buy, immediately. Cash Money wins.

I asked my brother in law about why he took cash to those used equipment auctions---someone here said you only needed cash deposit then you could get money order and pick it up. Problem with that is, according to my BIL, it adds a long delay. He takes employees who are on the clock and they are traveling. Every hour costs him more cash. So if he sees a used dozer or paver that he can rebuild, going for 30 or 40k, he said he wants to pay right then and pack it up and go. Going and getting a huge money order, while out of town, on a weekend is not possible. And paying cash on the spot sometimes comes with a nice discount.

@franker, i don't think you are too far out of the norm though, or so i hope. I would assume most husbands would be mostly demanding when something out of the very ordinary was happening. For all of them.

What kind of tone could of been given over a phone call that he felt ok with & than enough so, to leave?

I guess if your wife's boss tells you she went to the hospital with his sick wife...you just accept that, because what is the alternative? They are all being held inside by a mad man?? It just doesn't enter your mind. I know it was yet another strange occurrence...but we aren't living in a time and place where people kidnap multiple people at one time and then kill them. Thank God!!!

You don't want to put your wife's job in jeopardy by further questioning the boss...just like W-1 didn't. Even if it seemed weird. And I have no doubt they both felt it was.

There have been so many lives destroyed in this crime. It is definitely one of the strangest I have ever heard of. Even stranger than the Petit murders.

OT
Oh yeah...you mentioned you have a Boston. I hope to be getting a BT puppy this summer. Great dogs!

They really are...congrats! He is my 4 Boston in the past 17 years. I had 3 at one time. Jake is still a bit of a mess - he is 1 1/2 years old, and still a little mouthy...and more than a little stubborn! But the sweetest thing ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne