DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person (with hoodie) on video, running from scene of burning car was, yes, identified as DDW.

The person with "short, well-groomed hair" (described* by W-3 (IIRC)) was never identified as DDW nor anyone else.

The news report I quoted said, "authorities may have linked" (so, yes, this is appears to be the derived opinion of the writer). I guess my point was that this writer came to the same conclusions/opinions as several WS members - who think there were two different people - one person with short, well-groomed hair who drove the car erratically from the home, and another wearing a hoodie, running from scene of burned Porsche.

From what I have read the FBI photography/video experts can image the video and can then enter in DWs physical overall statistics and a computer program will actually give the correct height of the person seen in the video to see if it matches. Sometimes they can even tell what shoe size the person is wearing.

It is very hard for the average person to know someone's true height and even weight sometimes just by seeing a far off video of someone.

I do believe the investigators found it does matchup with the defendant, Wint.

No. That's not the driver. Looks like a hispanic male (likely relative of the housekeper).

SS's assistant/driver appears to be Hispanic, being Hispanic myself.

Not sure why you think they were headed back to the house, which is still guarded by police. The house was > 10 miles from where DW was pulled over and arrested. They could have been going anywhere.

Please note -- the poster said "I am still SMH over the audacity of DW bringing a bunch of his crew back to near the scene of the crime with a box truck." BBM. "Near the scene of the crime" not "headed back to the house." Considering that DW had gone to Brooklyn, I too think it's bizarre that he went back to D.C. after the police released his name.

FWIW, you can have a closed head injury/concussion even with a helmet because the brain can hit the inside of the skull when there is a sudden acceleration/deceleration. I agree that Amy would have sought medical attention if she thought her son had a concussion. Maybe they had gone to the doctor and got the standard, "keep an eye on him and don't let him nap" instructions. On the other hand, maybe someone was already in the house at the time Philip was supposed to go to school.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes certainly a helmeted child can still receive a TBI, my point was that it may have been witnessed by others.
Phillip was a specific target in this crime for a number of reasons, and I think the more information about his whereabouts and activities in the days and weeks prior is important.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

The money delivery is very important. So is this statement. To my ears it is implying a possible connection of W-1 (delivery guy/assistant) and Wint.

And maybe the answer to our question "Why the hell would SS have this new assistant drive $40k around town??" - maybe the answer is,
WINT specifically told him to get W-1/the assistant to do it. Maybe WINT picked the method of delivery.
Otherwise, why involve W-1 at all? The "employee" could have put the money in a bag on the porch.

Thank you for the reply.
Yes certainly a helmeted child can still receive a TBI, my point was that it may have been witnessed by others.
Phillip was a specific target in this crime for a number of reasons, and I think the more information about his whereabouts and activities in the days and weeks prior is important.

Agreed!

One person associated with the case seems to have had dreams and aspirations of becoming a race car driver. Whether or not these dreams would come to fruition would depend on finances/financial backing. Another associated with the case traveled the country as a go kart racer and had a very real potential to become a professional racer as he would have had no problems financing his career. I find it interesting that this little person was the one most heinously injured, deep cuts and burned. There is something here that makes me very suspicious that there was some sort of jealous rage that fueled this crime.

I agree totally. On a strategic level, Phillip was a means to an end, Phillip was the way Wint controlled and terrorized the parents to get what he wanted. However, there are also other possible reasons for his fixation on the child. JMO.

When I said, "scene of the crime" I should have said, "incredibly close to the scene of the crime." I would not be caught 10 miles from a place I had committed a quadruple murder/arson, especially after police mentioned DNA on pizza I'd been eating, and especially after I had already made it as far as 225 miles away. I'd have put at least another thousand miles between me and the scene of the crime, not made the distance less than 15 miles.

So why do you think he was back in the vicinity? He decided to double down on murder/arson in the DC area and commit a new crime, but this time prepared with a big truck and a crew to move the loot?

DW and friends were stopped 3 miles from the White House. My guess is they were headed to Virginia to hide out. Maybe the feds got nervous and stopped them before they got too close to the White House?

DW and friends were stopped 3 miles from the White House. My guess is they were headed to Virginia to hide out. Maybe the feds got nervous and stopped them before they got too close to the White House?

What is the tie to Virginia
And why travel in a moving billboard unless you needed it?

CF3fa_pWMAAXr7i.jpg

Rick Ritter ‏@RickRitterWJZ 32m32 minutes ago
It's been almost 2 weeks since #savopoulos family was found murdered. DC police still securing home @cbsbaltimore

Please note -- the poster said "I am still SMH over the audacity of DW bringing a bunch of his crew back to near the scene of the crime with a box truck." BBM. "Near the scene of the crime" not "headed back to the house." Considering that DW had gone to Brooklyn, I too think it's bizarre that he went back to D.C. after the police released his name.

He was caught over 10 miles away from the scene of the crime. By that logic, everything in Washington, D.C. is near the scene of the crime.

I think so too.

Thank you

Near is certainly different than to

I don't think they were heading to the house. I can't think of what else he'd be doing there, though, unless he was picking up something valuable that was stashed someplace. When I said, "scene of the crime" I should have said, "incredibly close to the scene of the crime." I would not be caught 10 miles from a place I had committed a quadruple murder/arson, especially after police mentioned DNA on pizza I'd been eating, and especially after I had already made it as far as 225 miles away. I'd have put at least another thousand miles between me and the scene of the crime, not made the distance less than 15 miles.

So why do you think he was back in the vicinity? He decided to double down on murder/arson in the DC area and commit a new crime, but this time prepared with a big truck and a crew to move the loot?

10 miles away from the crime scene is far away I think. Now if he had been caught a couple of blocks away from the home that may reveal something because he would have been in the immediate area. But that was not the case.

I suppose he came back to get his brother's help. Maybe his brother is the one who went in to get the money orders.

I really don't think the box truck his brother drove was for a chop shop. If that was the case the police would know it already. I am sure the brother had to prove he was employed with this company and had a legal right to be driving it. I have seen these type of vehicles before on the road and they are very nice vehicles with all the latest tools/mechanic equipment onboard in case someone is in need of having their car repaired that may have them stranded on the road. They are sort of like Safelight (sp?) that comes to wherever the person's vehicle is to repair a cracked windshield. I am guessing Wint's brother works for this company who owns the box truck.

We have tried to guess so many times before why a certain suspect did the odd/crazy/stupid things they did and imo its not doable. I don't think it is a question that really can be answered unless it becomes known when it goes to trial. We seem to put rational thought into the mind of a cold blooded murder and do not know their thought processes. We often question why in the world did they (suspects) do this or that???? All we know now is he did return and thank goodness he was apprehended.

IMO

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...y-suspect-in-savopoulos-murder-case/27908985/

"Hines told us, 'Well, there had to be some connection between Wint worked there, like, 10 years ago so there has to be some connection to someone that Wint knows that's working there now that was able to give the details to know about the money and that they could get the money delivered to the house.'"

WINT specifically told him to get W-1/the assistant to do it. Maybe WINT picked the method of delivery.
Otherwise, why involve W-1 at all? The "employee" could have put the money in a bag on the porch.

Records show Wint worked at a Home Depot in D.C. It's interesting that W-1 went to Home Depot after the money drop off. W-1 either missed or refused to answer SS's calls. He did not return any of SS's calls until 1:40 p.m - 20 minutes after the fire was reported. If he'd just left a large sum of cash in an unlocked car , why didn't he call SS to make sure he got the money? Why didn't he answer his calls?

Why was he being called after the drop off?
Was there a discrepancy in the cash?
Who was calling him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members