DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know for my system, I have two codes. One is the real code to deactivate it. The second code "appears" to deactivate it but actually sets off a silent alarm alerting authorities.

This is the type of alarm I would have expected the SS property to have. I am truly baffled as to how the perps have got around all the alarm system and the camera system this house had. Also, how the perps seem to have avoided any other cctv in the neighbourhood. I read here somewhere that this area had patrolled security also. If it had patrolled security, were the patrolled security based in a building nearby, with cctv? How did these perps avoid everything? I just don't get it.

Here's another scenario to consider... Maybe VF did leave at 3pm. If DW was watching the house he would know her route home. Possible she was the first victim to come into contact with him? Did she ride the bus home? He could have forced VF to take him back to the house. Meanwhile, AS had plans to go out and called her husband to come home. Shortly after, DW shows up at the home with VF and that's when it all starts. Has it been verified that AS had plans to go out that night? I posted this a few days ago but it was lost in the breaking news conference. Again, just another possibilty.

Good thought. If AIW has extra storage space, he could have kept cars warehoused there.
Like in Chantilly... The whole place used to be a warehouse for Chantilly General Rental. When they split the space up they may have kept some garage space.CGR had a fleet of trucks... So that makes sense to me.

Torture. Why are people tortured? To get information, revenge ,set an example to others or sadistic pleasure. To torture a child within earshot of his parents can only be for revenge. This was an evil act perpetrated on this family. I am not buying the car angle or the 40 k angle either. This is something else.

This is what I've been thinking all along. I don't see him as a murderer. Maybe IF he's somehow involved, he didn't realize just who he was getting involved with.

The questions to keep in mind with W-1 for me are:
Why the lie about the car being locked/not locked? It's a very curious lie to tell.
Why the two different containers for the money unless it was going to be split?
He is the only one who would have known about a manilla envelope - an envelope LE looked for and could not find, btw.
Why the lie about the two containers for the money unless that has some significance?

I have posted some possible explanations for these lies, but when you start adding them all up...it just doesn't look too good. You are left with numerous curious things to explain. Too many coincidences.

I've been thinking about the strange lies about the manilla envelope. At first he said that the other person gave him a manilla envelope with the money in it. Then he said that the manilla envelope came from the inside of his vehicle. Maybe he brought the manilla envelope along with him for the purpose of splitting up the money and thought it would seem strange that he just happened to have one with him?

I thought about that as well the other day. Surely, he did not leave his vehicle at the residence taking up a parking spot. Remember he had daughters as well. Where are their vehicles? Unless they were within driving distance of home.
Right and without a parking pass you are limited to two hours in that zone...during the day

Here's another scenario to consider... Maybe VF did leave at 3pm. If DW was watching the house he would know her route home. Possible she was the first victim to come into contact with him? Did she ride the bus home? He could have forced VF to take him back to the house. Meanwhile, oAS had plans to go out and called her husband to come home. Shortly after, DW shows up at the home with VF and that's when it all starts. Has it been verified that AS had plans to go out that night? I posted this a few days ago but it was lost in the breaking news conference. Again, just another possibilty.
Police believe he had help. What do you think? People seem to what to find a way that makes since out of this with dw as the sole progenitor of this crime. I think dw will rat out his accomplices. Trying to come up with a detailed mo of the crime at this point is fruitless with the information we have right now. But if that rings your bell go for it.

Right and without a parking pass you are limited to two hours in that zone...during the day

I could be imagining this because I have read so many posts but... did someone post that the house had a two car garage and two parking spots?

Like in Chantilly... The whole place used to be a warehouse for Chantilly General Rental. When they split the space up they may have kept some garage space.CGR had a fleet of trucks... So that makes sense to me.

Well, that would certainly explain why he said he was in a hardware store in Chantilly. Easy to explain cell phone pings that way, plus, maybe some tools were needed.

W-1 doesn't strike me as someone who would get involved with murder or tortureof a child.
But he could be the insider, supplying the keys, and info on the family...and he was totally played by this gang.
Now, making this up, of course...what if Amy had lunch with a friend...who drops her off at the dojo. She wants to see how things are going. She gets tired of waiting for SS to leave and goes to where they keep the cars....and interrupts the crime.

Now they would have to improvise. W-1 has no control. Now they have the Boss' wife! They decide they may as well go BIG now. One of them takes her back to the house...the car being driven "erratically" by either a terrified Amy or one of the perps.

And so it begins. My opinion only...and just speculation.

Not that this would mean anything at all, but there is a public storage facility right next to American Iron Works. I mean, they practically share a parking lot. https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2!1s0x89b7c74f5e52636d:0x66f738d17973c3ed!4b1

actually, there are two. It is surrounded by storage facilities. :) Although I'd assume SS would have his own.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/A...2!3m1!1s0x89b7c74f5e52636d:0x66f738d17973c3ed

My husband collects cars. In the summer, he switches off and drives a different one every day. In the winter, he parks them all in our warehouse, where we have extra space.

How big is the AIW building?

I could be imagining this because I have read so many posts but... did someone post that the house had a two car garage and two parking spots?

I think the exact rules for that street are unknown (by us), but that it's common in DC to have residential passes and only 2-hour limits for those without a residential pass. If it's like other urban neighborhoods that I've lived in, each house gets a guest pass or two as well that exempts a car from the 2 hour limit.

Yes. The house had an attached garage (2 car) and on street parking (2 spaces)

This is what I've been thinking all along. I don't see him as a murderer. Maybe IF he's somehow involved, he didn't realize just who he was getting involved with.

The questions to keep in mind with W-1 for me are:
Why the lie about the car being locked/not locked? It's a very curious lie to tell.
Why the two different containers for the money unless it was going to be split?
He is the only one who would have known about a manilla envelope - an envelope LE looked for and could not find, btw.
Why the lie about the two containers for the money unless that has some significance?

I have posted some possible explanations for these lies, but when you start adding them all up...it just doesn't look too good. You are left with numerous curious things to explain. Too many coincidences.

Why lie? Did he call police or did they have to reach out to him. Afterall, he called HK crying?

Why lie? Did he call police or did they have to reach out to him. Afterall, he called HK crying?

I thought he called the AIW employee crying, ostensibly the one who handed him the money.

Ok - some girl on Twitter is claiming to be SS's niece. She states that SS had a half sister named Phyllis & the family decided not to mention the sister in the obituary and she has been cast out. She's reaching out to media for help in "reaching" her surviving "cousins." Her Twitter handle claims she was DC/MD born & raised and now lives in FL.

Q: Why did LE not arrest ppl in car DDW drove when arrested or ppl in box truck?

Did DDW's arrest take place within DC lines? At time of DDW arrest, what evd did LE have of ppl's crim actions, aiding & abetting or accomplice during crime, after the fact, of these acts taking place within DC?? IOW, jurisdiction???

If their acts did not occur within DC lines, what prob cause would LE have to arrest?
DC is ~61 sq mi. or 6mi x10mi? 7mi x 8.75mi?

Were they w DDW within DC pre-arrest for days or hours, making calls, buying money orders, leaving e-trails, etc. of their A & A acts? If LE located & stopped ppl & vehicles just several mi into DC, what w/ prob cause be? If woman in car w DDW said: "Officer, friends & I were hitchhiking & this dude stopped" what evd would DC LE have at that moment? Sufficient to arrest? IDK.

Other poss benefit (to LE) in not detaining longer is that, post stop & interrogations,
these folks may leave incriminating trails of evd, esp SM & e-trails.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Torture. Why are people tortured? To get information, revenge ,set an example to others or sadistic pleasure. To torture a child within earshot of his parents can only be for revenge. This was an evil act perpetrated on this family. I am not buying the car angle or the 40 k angle either. This is something else.

I see your thinking, but maybe the "something else" is just that DW is a sick sadistic person, and he's about to get his hands on something - money/cars, whatever he was after - and finally carries out the murderous threats he has made in the past against even his own family. Because he can. I think he's just wired that way. But he did know of SS from his past, so you may be right.
He's a frightening human. So glad he's off the streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1