DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, the bucket

What was in that bucket

I'm intrigued by that bucket. He definitely wanted to keep it or he would have let it burn in the car. Due to its size it must have slowed him down a tad while running but it looks light in weight as he swaps it easily from one hand to the other so I don't think it had anything heavy in it. Maybe it had watches, jewellery or even the weapon in it. Idk.

The GODS must be laughing... This pig has the audacity to order a PIZZA. And it comes back and bites him.

:lol: He probably thought he was being smart and all. Some criminals get tripped up when they go into the kitchen and eat leaving their DNA/prints on things.

No accusations, just my opinions and random thoughts and speculation.

I think that maybe there were some statements that weren't entirely true or correct and he pulled the whole thing. Or, it could be a potential legal issue as the article kinda sorta seemed to be pointing a finger at JW. Or maybe, although there was some new (to me) information on that page, some good background information on Mr. Savopoulus, some of the other statements look to be regurgitated from other sources that haven't been exactly credible or consistent that I've seen.

I was surprised to read that fingerprints from the pizza were used to identify Wint. I know DNA was used, but I assumed it was from saliva and cells from lips, gums, tongue - I don't know what kind of eating habits that loser had, maybe he drooled.

Also, JW wasn't demoted by SS, he was hired by SS in spite of his knowledge that JW was fired from the Autobahn. We still don't know why he was let go, it was obviously not a concern to SS and I'd like to think he thoroughly vetted/background check any man he was hiring to be in charge of his safety in the car at least and in contact with his family at the most. I don't know, maybe he didn't check anything and just went by his past experiences and instinct regarding JW.

Question for anyone: I never thought about the practicality of a hired driver/PA's day. Does he drive his own car to a location, exchange cars for the boss's car du jour, and reverse at night? We've been speculating that with the number of cars vs garages at the home, there'd be a hired garage or storage somewhere nearby. Maybe Wint extracted that info and that's where they were headed with the Amerit truck?

Also, who was driving that truck - the mechanic that comes with the truck? I wonder if that guy was suspicious of the scenario happening at the time? What kind of background info does the truck company require when you want to hire them? "hey, we're just in a hurry to dismantle a luxury car that we obviously do not own" *cough cough* I've been looking for some kind of information, but so far, no luck.

The more I wonder about the blog posting http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...list.wordpress.com/+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
(which definitely seems to point a finger at JW) the more curious I get. It seems like the wordpress site was created the same day the JW article was posted and then the article was immediately removed.

There is a Nate Thayer who is a journalist and whose e-mail address "sympathyforthedevilbook" seems to be associated with the wordpress site (http://webcache.googleusercontent.c.../05/28/hello-world/+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us) but he has his own website and his journalistic interests seem a far cry from this case. But if it's not him, why would somebody use him to try to disseminate this story?

I'm intrigued by that bucket. He definitely wanted to keep it or he would have let it burn in the car. Due to its size it must have slowed him down a tad while running but it looks light in weight as he swaps it easily from one hand to the other so I don't think it had anything heavy in it. Maybe it had watches, jewellery or even the weapon in it. Idk.

Do we know if he is running from the burning car? I'm not sure we do. He could be running on the way to burn the car, after dashing off to get a bucket full of gasoline. Maybe he did burn the bucket.

I'm inclined to think the bucket had "ALL" the killing debris: knife, duct tape, gloves, etc., but where did he go with the car for 4 hours?

I'm inclined to think the bucket had "ALL" the killing debris: knife, duct tape, gloves, etc., but where did he go with the car for 4 hours?

I don't know where he was with it but I think initially he planned to keep the car. There has just got to be video of him in that car somewhere! Problem is...will we hear it is another infamous "grainy" video?? How many times have we heard that?

True: we don't know whether Wint would slit Philip's throat in that situation.

But, as a man, I want to ask you and other women in this forum a question. Would you forgive your husband if he fled out the front door calling 911 in that moment, and then your son had his throat slit in response?

In this scenario, everyone survives but Philip. Wint isn't wearing a mask.

I have to admit that part of my hesitation in that moment isn't just about the son, it's about facing my wife thereafter. So, I want to know what the reaction might be.

In my mind, I'm probably giving Philip 50/50 odds, myself 90% odds, and 80% odds that my wife and the housekeeper survive. If I surrender myself to Wint, I'm giving all of us about 25% odds of survival, if I thinking clearly and Wint isn't wearing a mask. It's an emotionally wretched choice, but it isn't logically tough, in the situation as described, when I can identify Wint.

No, I would not forgive my husband if he fled under those circumstances. I'd feel he'd abandoned us and left us in total danger. Neither myself or my husband would want to carry on living under those circumstances.

I actually think SS will have pleaded, many, many times, with the perp to take everything, every single car, everything from the house, jewellery, bankcards with PIN number, even kill SS himself, burn the house down, but just let his son, his wife and VF leave.

If it was money this perp was after, I'm baffled why he wouldn't take this offer that I feel will more than likely have been made to him.

I don't know where he was with it but I think initially he planned to keep the car. There has just got to be video of him in that car somewhere! Problem is...will we hear it is another infamous "grainy" video?? How many times have we heard that?

I think it's very telling that the perp left the neon green vest in the burning Porsche. It's like they're telling us how they got access to the home, or
were inconspicuous in the elite neighborhood.

We really truly don't know that SS "trusted JW to deliver the ransom." He may have been told by DW to use him.

We all are putting our own feelings...whether positive or negative...into the scenario of this crime. For all we know, SS may have been ready to let him go.

We can imagine one way or the other, as long as we remember...we are just "imagining." Myself included.

If SS never actually spoke directly with JW then how can anybody be sure it was SS who was directing JW? Iirc, JW was contacted via text.

dr petit ran when he had the chance. when he had enough of his senses recovered from the baseball bat beating he took.

i dont know where the girls had a chance to escape as they were tied up and being used as collateral to make mom cooperate.....and were set on fire before they could 'run'

and really, in this case, we dont know if ANYONE had a chance to run. mr s could have been ambushed the minute he walked in the door for all we know. not that we will know for sure since the scum that did it will never tell us anything.

Watching the video of the Petits murder that was listed upthread... and one of the perpetrators kept a diary. To me this was chilling the words that he wrote and made me SMH for this case as to one who wants to take what is truly something many of us hold dear....

"A thief in the night I've come to steal not jewels and money, But your personal safety, privacy and security. I violate your inner asylum of intimacy, .......... "

see image for the remainder of screen cap

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv=LUnbgt3pOiQ.JPG

httpswww.youtube.comwatchv=LUnbgt3pOiQ

No, I would not forgive my husband if he fled under those circumstances. I'd feel he'd abandoned us and left us in total danger. Neither myself or my husband would want to carry on living under those circumstances.

I actually think SS will have pleaded, many, many times, with the perp to take everything, every single car, everything from the house, jewellery, bankcards with PIN number, even kill SS himself, burn the house down, but just let his son, his wife and VF leave.

If it was money this perp was after, I'm baffled why he wouldn't take this offer that I feel will more than likely have been made to him.

Jewelry, cars, art can all be easily tracked by LE. Wint wanted cash and I think he became outraged when he discovered not all the money had been delivered as promised.

JMO

I'm new to this site and want to toss my theories in to the ring

A few posters have mentioned this was a lot of work for DW to get very little. It would have been easier just to steal one or two of the cars. I don't think he intended to be part of an overnight home invasion. Maybe JW heard SS talk finances during one of many of the daily trips; SS worked in the car while JW drove. Did JW misunderstand something and thought he heard something to indicate a lot of cash would be in the house. My guess is JW was desperate for money to fund his upcoming expensive racing trips (CA in June and Italy in July) and came up with a plan with DW.

Maybe DW was just supposed to get in and get the cash and get out. It is too risky to do what he (DW) did which involved contact with too many people outside of his control. Perhaps there was a plan to take a car or two or not. If DW is an average criminal he knows he needs to get in and out fast. There is so much risk in trying to keep several adults and a 10 year old under control over night. Even ordering pizza presented an opportunity to be caught. I think from inside info he thought there was a quick payoff and instead he ended up with so little it required a change in plans.

This may be why JW lied about when SS called him regarding the pickup of the money. JW lied and said SS called him Thursday am to pick up the money. Maybe he lied because it was DW who called or texted him Wednesday night and JW isn't a criminal and isn't quick on his feet. Perhaps DW called him to let him know plans had changed and they would be scrounging for money Thursday morning. DW could have been using SS phone. JW lied about how he got the money because he wanted it to appear that he didn't have a clue that money was in the bag. The phone calls from SS to JW that JW didn't answer while he was in the Lowes or Home Depot in Chantilly could have been from DW. It could also have been from SS if JW took money from the $40k. I will be interested to hear who got the box truck and when. Was it stolen or rented and at what time? The fact that JW texted a pic of the money means he is either innocent or the most stupid criminal on the planet.

I also agree with several posters about SS trying to escape. I don't know a dad who would leave his child with DW knowing what DW had already done to PS. Most of us don't have training in the best strategies for dealing with a situation like this and knowing that DW had already hurt his child might make it impossible for SS to act.

Jewelry, cars, art can all be easily tracked by LE. Wint wanted cash and I think he became outraged when he discovered not all the money had been delivered as promised.

JMO

I'm not sure I know what you mean unless you're speculating not all the money had been delivered?
Criminals know other criminals so I do think jewellery and cars are easily converted to cash between them.
I had my own car stolen in daylight from under my nose and was told by the police that within hours it would likely be loaded in to a container to be shipped abroad.

Right, everyone has a different history. I was given a plaque for what I did in a tough situation many years ago. At the same time, my wife has nicknamed me Call for Backup because I'm forever critiquing how various people respond to danger, usually in TV dramas and movies. It takes no time to call for backup, and doing so will dramatically turn the odds in your favor.

And no, that didn't work for Jennifer Petit, but it should have. That's what was stunning about that case, more than the home invasion itself.

I think it helps the odds if your opponent knows that backup is on the way. There's no way those Petit rapes and murders would have gone down if the perps had known police were coming for them, slow as they were.

Criminals don't want to be caught. Convince them that they need to leave immediately or they will be caught.

BBM

The above holds true for the common criminal, imo. But most whacked out psychopaths don't think rationally. JMO

It's actually inspiring a lot of us to think of what we would or could do if facing the same situation! Speaking for myself, I feel like one more bit of preplanning is in order and plan to have this discussion with DH tomorrow when we're relaxed. I will make my wishes very clear: "GET OUT, CALL FOR HELP and then see what you can do to help us without getting yourself hurt until help arrives." It seems to be the way for some of us (ME) that it takes a horrible tragedy like this to get us thinking in this direction, but the discussions we have here really do have a positive effect in the end.

Exactly. This morning I went to youtube and searched for something like "how to get out of duct tape" and watched a video about how to get out of handcuffs, zip ties, and duct tape (there are several by different people). So far I tried breaking free with my wrists wrapped around 3 times with duct tape. I can do it! My husband thought I was crazy when I asked him to bind my hands, but he was impressed when I easily broke through. I don't have any zip ties to practice with, but will get some. I'm going to ask my adult kids and their spouses to view the video. That technique only works with your hands in front of you - I'm going to search to see if I can find techniques to get free from duct tape if you're bound to a chair or have your hands in back of you.

But, of course, it's best to do what you can to not get in a situation that requires these techniques.

[video=youtube;LUnbgt3pOiQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUnbgt3pOiQ[/video]

While waiting for this one to be solved - this is an HBO documentary of the Petit case. Sorry for the O/T, but since nothin' new here...

And yes, fits in with conversation going on today.... Yes, the man ran when he got the chance - the others died

Well... given that his legs were still bound, and he'd been in and out of consciousness the whole night, I'm not sure what good it would have done for him to hop up the stairs into the house and... head butt Hayes and Komisarjevsky? He escaped out the basement doors and sought help at the very last minute after the killers had set the fire. He was greeted with by the police in his neighbor's driveway as he came out of the house screaming. His wife was already dead, and his girls were two stories up from where he was with a raging fire. I don't think it's fair to blame him. I blame the police who were taking their time setting up "a perimeter".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member