DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My neighborhood was built in the same era -- and one thing I have noticed since I started watching this case is that there are a LOT of workpeople in and out of here. Last year, I had contractors here for months, every single day. As I write, there are two houses on my block alone that are undergoing renovations of one sort or another. These houses are older and lots of things go wrong, and plus, people are always wanting to update one thing or another. And that's only the periodic events. Most of my neighbors have lawn services and cleaning services. We all also have lots of random trucks come to our houses -- the bat removal guy, for example, the mulch delivery truck, and so on. It's more ordinary than not to have various pick-up and box trucks up and down the street, and that's not to mention the ones that drive through here on the way to other blocks. Our neighborhood feels "sleepy" but it's actually a beehive of activity on most days. It would be super-easy to get in a big pickup truck with a ladder attached to a rack on the bed of the truck and cruise around constantly, watching everything that is going on, and it would be invisible. A truck couldn't sit obviously occupied for hours and go unnoticed... but if it were unoccupied, everyone would assume it was a contractor. I wonder if their neighborhood also had so many people coming and going and so many vehicles that looked like they belonged that it might actually be quite easy to watch the house.

I aml not really responding to "this" post - but a theme that has been consistant here. It is interesting to me. Dog lover, walk mine, and tend to be a acute observer, if by accident (personality trait) of things around me. I am interestedm however, in why so many seem to think that he spent much time "staking" out the the house.

He strikes me, and the whole thing the way it played out, as a totally impulsive, violent individual. He does not strike me as a "planner" - he got word , gossip, a large amt of cash was going to be around, wanted it, walked in and did his evil deed -

It then occurred to me, does it like make a lot of folks "feel better" to think that this took a lot of planning ( like it could not happen to me???) YOu know what I am asking

I think he is a very impulsive person- and lots of, frankly, stupid sh$$, who the heck orders pizza in the middle of felony ? I mean -- just a moron!!!IMO!!

Maybe I am misunderstanding this but is the prevailing opinion that Wint drove the Porsche away from the scene and then torched it and then took a $1K cab ride to Brooklyn instead of driving the Porsche that he just torched to Brooklyn and then somehow got a fleet maintenance box truck and headed back to the scene of the crime or at least the general vicinity while all of the expensive cars were under police protection?

I have to me missing something.

:thinking:
Took the Porsche and torched it then took the bus to NY and then a 1k cab back to DC

I aml not really responding to "this" post - but a theme that has been consistant here. It is interesting to me. Dog lover, walk mine, and tend to be a acute observer, if by accident (personality trait) of things around me. I am interestedm however, in why so many seem to think that he spent much time "staking" out the the house.

He strikes me, and the whole thing the way it played out, as a totally impulsive, violent individual. He does not strike me as a "planner" - he got word , gossip, a large amt of cash was going to be around, wanted it, walked in and did his evil deed -

It then occurred to me, does it like make a lot of folks "feel better" to think that this took a lot of planning ( like it could not happen to me???) YOu know what I am asking

I think he is a very impulsive person- and lots of, frankly, stupid sh$$, who the heck orders pizza in the middle of felony ? I mean -- just a moron!!!IMO!!

I think this amongst other reasons why people think DW was working with others. These things you list could have been what resulted in something that wasn't intended to end in killing anyone to it turning into a quadruple homicide and DW caught with most likely more arrests on the way. That others were involved and that planning took place has come from LE.

I want to know more about what was going on with the family's two dogs from Wednesday afternoon onward. AS walked them herself regularly. One was an older dog, and one was a puppy (not tiny, more like a teenager age for a dog). She mentioned to a mutual friend that she had spent lots of time trying to train the older one to behave better, to get along with new people, to be housebroken, etc. How on earth did these two dogs stay quiet and un-noticeable to neighbors for a 24-hour period during which they usually would have spent some time indoors with the family? They really didn't bark at all, in the middle of the night, begging to be let inside? They never got hungry enough to bark up a storm and attract the attention of neighbors (or the security patrols that drive through routinely)? And if DDW (et al?) tried to feed them to keep them quiet, I would expect for especially the older dog, who had a more willful personality, to bite DDW's hand off - dogs are smart, and they usually know evil when they smell it!

dogs are smart

they sure are - again I think everyone was just busy with their own lives !

That is what LE is thinking at this point.

I think this amongst other reasons why people think DW was working with others. These things you list could have been what resulted in something that wasn't intended to end in killing anyone to it turning into a quadruple homicide and DW caught with most likely more arrests on the way. That others were involved and that planning took place has come from LE.

Hi Spanish!

That helps, I just think too many are giving this guy smarts, he is ****gy, for lack of a better or "good" word! Money is evil, I just kinda think it was hey I am taking some of this cash, what is he gonna do - call LE !!!

re: the dogs.........maybe he drugged them.......total theory i just pulled out of a hat ftr.

We don't know what all he was wearing while in the house or if any sort of disguise was used. I don't think if he had a mask that he'd be wearing it out in public where he could freak out the neighbors and any passersby where they call the cops in a panic as that would be a great way to have things end before they start. If he hid his identity, he wouldn't have to kill anyone, so he would have created his own problem that he could have easily solved and I don't think someone revealing their identity so they must kill everyone is sane and rational.

Sometimes in cases you know things without direct evidence, but rather as a reflection of other direct evidence. Direct evidence: a silent night. Reflection: "the dog that didn't bark."

The direct evidence here includes:

- 4 people killed in a house which is then set on fire
- Report in WP (leaked from LE) that Wint wore gloves while eating pizza

So, Wint wore gloves even while eating pizza in order to conceal his identity. The 4 people were killed also to conceal his identity, because they could identify him and maybe even knew his name. If they could identity him, Wint wasn't wearing a mask.

Wint probably showed up at the house wearing gloves, a neon-green workman's vest and no mask. He probably stayed that way the entire time and presented himself in this manner when SS came home.

Try to remember that if you ever come face to face with a violent criminal. Is he wearing gloves? Is he wearing a mask? The absolute worst combo is gloves and no mask. This is the face of your death. Do anything to get away.

Finally, IMO Wint set the fire not to pretend that the 4 people died in a fire (a story that couldn't stick because of the ransom delivery) but to destroy any remaining physical evidence of Wint's identity.

I want to know more about what was going on with the family's two dogs from Wednesday afternoon onward. AS walked them herself regularly. One was an older dog, and one was a puppy (not tiny, more like a teenager age for a dog). She mentioned to a mutual friend that she had spent lots of time trying to train the older one to behave better, to get along with new people, to be housebroken, etc. How on earth did these two dogs stay quiet and un-noticeable to neighbors for a 24-hour period during which they usually would have spent some time indoors with the family? They really didn't bark at all, in the middle of the night, begging to be let inside? They never got hungry enough to bark up a storm and attract the attention of neighbors (or the security patrols that drive through routinely)? And if DDW (et al?) tried to feed them to keep them quiet, I would expect for especially the older dog, who had a more willful personality, to bite DDW's hand off - dogs are smart, and they usually know evil when they smell it!
I wondered about this too. Dog are protective. Could they have been drugged?

But, what is that based on? how would LE "come up" with that notion - that is hard to "prove or contened, no?

For all we know LE has video from a neighboring house that isn't good enough to ID anyone and would have no reason to release to the public, but is good enough to show in blurry stick figures what had been going on in the street leading up to the events and LE has confirmed that some of the blurry stick figures didn't belong.

Well... given that his legs were still bound, and he'd been in and out of consciousness the whole night, I'm not sure what good it would have done for him to hop up the stairs into the house and... head butt Hayes and Komisarjevsky? He escaped out the basement doors and sought help at the very last minute after the killers had set the fire. He was greeted with by the police in his neighbor's driveway as he came out of the house screaming. His wife was already dead, and his girls were two stories up from where he was with a raging fire. I don't think it's fair to blame him. I blame the police who were taking their time setting up "a perimeter".

Yeppers, agree....and did not see anyone, including the extended family or anyone in the community or friends blaming him in that video, just the opposite. (although at other places there may have been... but with ya on that!)

Well... given that his legs were still bound, and he'd been in and out of consciousness the whole night, I'm not sure what good it would have done for him to hop up the stairs into the house and... head butt Hayes and Komisarjevsky? He escaped out the basement doors and sought help at the very last minute after the killers had set the fire. He was greeted with by the police in his neighbor's driveway as he came out of the house screaming. His wife was already dead, and his girls were two stories up from where he was with a raging fire. I don't think it's fair to blame him. I blame the police who were taking their time setting up "a perimeter".

oh goodie! I am going to be off topic a bit too! I thought of you guys last night when watching this- it was really terrifically written, and I am sure some of ya are follwoing Batman trial - super good documentary..... around 16 17 18 there is some really breathtaking video of what really happened as far as cops transporting vitims

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...mozilla-003&hsimp=yhs-003&hspart=mozilla&tt=b

I'm new to this site and want to toss my theories in to the ring

A few posters have mentioned this was a lot of work for DW to get very little. It would have been easier just to steal one or two of the cars. I don't think he intended to be part of an overnight home invasion. Maybe JW heard SS talk finances during one of many of the daily trips; SS worked in the car while JW drove. Did JW misunderstand something and thought he heard something to indicate a lot of cash would be in the house. My guess is JW was desperate for money to fund his upcoming expensive racing trips (CA in June and Italy in July) and came up with a plan with DW.

Maybe DW was just supposed to get in and get the cash and get out. It is too risky to do what he (DW) did which involved contact with too many people outside of his control. Perhaps there was a plan to take a car or two or not. If DW is an average criminal he knows he needs to get in and out fast. There is so much risk in trying to keep several adults and a 10 year old under control over night. Even ordering pizza presented an opportunity to be caught. I think from inside info he thought there was a quick payoff and instead he ended up with so little it required a change in plans.

This may be why JW lied about when SS called him regarding the pickup of the money. JW lied and said SS called him Thursday am to pick up the money. Maybe he lied because it was DW who called or texted him Wednesday night and JW isn't a criminal and isn't quick on his feet. Perhaps DW called him to let him know plans had changed and they would be scrounging for money Thursday morning. DW could have been using SS phone. JW lied about how he got the money because he wanted it to appear that he didn't have a clue that money was in the bag. The phone calls from SS to JW that JW didn't answer while he was in the Lowes or Home Depot in Chantilly could have been from DW. It could also have been from SS if JW took money from the $40k. I will be interested to hear who got the box truck and when. Was it stolen or rented and at what time? The fact that JW texted a pic of the money means he is either innocent or the most stupid criminal on the planet.

I also agree with several posters about SS trying to escape. I don't know a dad who would leave his child with DW knowing what DW had already done to PS. Most of us don't have training in the best strategies for dealing with a situation like this and knowing that DW had already hurt his child might make it impossible for SS to act.

instead he ended up with so little it required a change in plans.
I agree, I think something bad happened, around pizza time, makes no sense to order two pizzas and only eat one slice something went out of control

IIRC the fingerprint on water bottle was of an unknown person LE felt might lead to ccomplice.

I'd love to know too... I feel like they must have been outside in the backyard or something. I think I read they were Chesapeake Bay Retrievers (I had several Chessies growing up) and they are friendly but VERY loyal and territorial. If an unknown or unwanted person enters their "territory", they often become aggressive and they won't hesitate to attack someone in order to protect their owners! They are extremely smart too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's very telling that the perp left the neon green vest in the burning Porsche. It's like they're telling us how they got access to the home, or
were inconspicuous in the elite neighborhood.

but this story has changed, earlier there wwere reports that he had like a case of them in his garage, I dont know if that was changed or wrong, but I remember it vividly........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1