DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who does he represent?

He's the new States Attorney, in the news report he was quashing subpoenas from DW's attorneys. They were asking for the names of others arrested with DW and a couple more things.

That may mean that he was carjacked outside the dojo by someone while another or others held the family hostage at the house. Thereby explaining the 6:00 PM start time that LE refers to...

I'm still not sure how SS, NG and JW got to the dojo that day. IIRC, NG "rode in with" SS. Does that mean they were both driven to dogo by JW? If so, in what car? If so, how did SS get home? Did JW drive him, or did he take another car he kept at the dojo/Chantilly welding school? How did NG get home?

Savvass Channel 5 update just now that I watched live -........
Police there today looking at safe in garage,
and room on second floor on 32nd street side, was going through paperwork, that paperwork was taken out of house.
HIS NEW ATTYS WANT Police radio channel traffic, 911 calls, names of people taken into custody.
As they were shooting, media saw safe in garage, police seen twisting dial, police took photos of it then closed garage.
The three cars taken last week were returned to the house and put back behind police tape

Re Ficker..... media went to public defender, that office says that Wint has no intention of hiring Ficker, and has no authority to be speaking for him (They did NOT talk to new attys on camera of course)

Could it be car titles in the safe on the second floor LE removed today.?
Maybe cars stored in different location? Insurance docs of valuables missing from home.

But who issued the subpoena? And why would the US Attorney want to quash it? Too soon? Would love to know who/what the subpoena was for!

It was on the newscast. Prosecutors are fighting the subpoenas that his lawyers have out (they want to quash them). These subpoenas include 1) They want radio traffic tapes 2) They want copies of the 911 tapes 3) They want names of the individuals who were taken in when he was. <<<---Just listened to again on rewind of the broadcast to make SURE I was saying correctly :giggle:

:moo: I think that the usual is that the defense gets this information when they have a preliminary hearing and not before. That is why prosecutors office is fighting them.

:moo:

I will speak up for Paul Wagner. I don't know where he got this info from but it was either from a source within the investigation or the delivery person that didn't want to be mentioned. It is also mo that in an envelope there was a tip but again, there may not have been an envelope idk.
He is probably a very nice man. But, for my taste, and perhaps because I am not all that familiar with his history as a reporter, I would say, the article has too many 'according to strings' for me to totally trust it. Perhaps it takes time to build a trust. The article was not written by him, it was written about him, imo. According to Tommy, who according to Dickie, says that Harry was hungry. (According to the reporter, of course). Anyhow, time will tell.

He's the new States Attorney, in the news report he was quashing subpoenas from DW's attorneys. They were asking for the names of others arrested with DW and a couple more things.

Interesting. Wint must know some of the five only by nickname or first name.

B

Welcome!
Since you live in the area...was any work done on traffic signals or crosswalks at that busy intersection around the time of the murders?
A company was adjusting the "time for crossing" near my house recently and the workers were wearing those green vests.

Not yeptisme but my commute takes me by there several times a week and the only construction work I've been aware of is the big project at St. Alban's which has sometimes necessitated closing down parts of Garfield Street. The closest I saw workers was at the corner of 34th and Garfield which is about two blocks away. Any worker who decided to take a stroll down Woodland would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I haven't noticed any work on the traffic signals at 34th and Garfield or at Cleveland Ave. and Garfield. The only other traffic signal nearby is way down hill at Cleveland and Calvert. Like yepitsme has said, despite the way it may look on a map, this location is really oddly isolated and separate from the surrounding neighborhoods.

Wouldn't the client DD Wint know the name of the people he was with?

Or Wint isn't talking to his defense lawyers, so they don't have a clue who was with him.

Not yeptisme but my commute takes me by there several times a week and the only construction work I've been aware of is the big project at St. Alban's which has sometimes necessitated closing down parts of Garfield Street. The closest I saw workers was at the corner of 34th and Garfield which is about two blocks away. Any worker who decided to take a stroll down Woodland would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I haven't noticed any work on the traffic signals at 34th and Garfield or at Cleveland Ave. and Garfield. The only other traffic signal nearby is way down hill at Cleveland and Calvert. Like yepitsme has said, despite the way it may look on a map, this location is really oddly isolated and separate from the surrounding neighborhoods.

I think how isolated it is or isn't may be a moot point because the knowledge needed likely came from an insider, i.e., someone who worked for the family and I do believe it was in some type of "service" capacity but not as an AIG employee.

JMO

For those that missed it and cannot watch the live stream, here are screen caps of the safe (it was in front of the Mosler)

fox5.com

safeingarage2.JPG
SafeInGarage.JPG
safeingarage3.JPG

Or Wint isn't talking to his defense lawyers, so they don't have a clue who was with him.

He's talked to his attorneys to tell them no way did he want Ficker to represent him. I think it very possible he doesn't know the identities of all five people with him the night he was arrested. They were in two separate vehicles. Maybe the money they had didn't come from the murders?

I'm sure he must, one was his brother. Maybe it was just an attempt to distance himself from others. (acting like he doesn't know them) or only knows them by street names. Attornies pffffffft

For those that missed it and cannot watch the live stream, here are screen caps of the woman seen going through and loading up papers seen through the second story window.

fox5.com

secondfloor.JPG
secondfloor2.JPG
secondfloorremoval.JPG

Most reports describe NG as having worked for the family for 20 years. Then the Pamela Something-or-Other reporter (I'm sorry, I forget her name) just said that NG had told her that NG had met JW in March, that she had recently started working with the family, etc., etc., and I'm wondering if maybe Pamela got it right while all along the rest of the media got it wrong. Maybe NG only worked with them relatively briefly, not for 20 years. I wonder if LE has verified her employment history with the family. Twenty years has always sounded a bit odd to me - NG seems quite young, and also, 20 years ago, this family was just a couple, and back then, they hadn't yet moved into this beautiful, large house. If it turns out that NG hadn't worked with them for 20 years, we might chalk up the misunderstanding to ESL issues, or an interpreter's mistake, or...more of NG's prevaricating. Her constant contradictions spur my suspicion. Perhaps she and JW struck it off well (maybe even romantically?) and then they hatched a plan to benefit from their boss's wealth and trusting disposition...not to murder, but to get money.

I don't see that being the case...since we know NG found out about it because SS's mom called her. I don't think his mom would have NG's phone number if she had only worked for the family for a few months.

JW had only worked for the family for a couple of months...it makes perfect sense that she only met him in March.

Maybe the Mosler Keys are kept in the safe and that's how LE knew JW was not telling the truth when he said he located the key and unlocked the car(he doesn't know the combination but maybe his prints were on the safe?). JMO

They were towed and then moved back to the home ... so the order is not the same. I also noticed the white Rover has Maryland tags. Wonder if it's registered to AIW

I just saw ATL's post about that...I should delete I guess. But now that you have quoted, it doesn't matter. LOL!!

They were towed and then moved back to the home ... so the order is not the same. I also noticed the white Rover has Maryland tags. Wonder if it's registered to AIW

The family owns another home on Kent Island on the Maryland Eastern Shore.

Throughout this whole past school year, the block of Garfield from Mass down to Reno (at the Belgian Embassy), and the block of Reno from the Garfield intersection towards nearly as far as Woodley, there have been scores of construction guys in fluorescent vests slowing/stopping traffic, frequently at various intervals on most weekdays, due to STA's massive renovation of the sports facilities. The junction of Reno and Garfield, right next to the Belgian Embassy, is a block west of where Woodland opens onto Garfield, which is one, curved, short block from Philip's home. So yeah, there was no work on the roads directly adjacent to his home, but those guys in vests have been toiling just a stone's throw away. It would be very easy to don a vest and pretend to be one of those fellows taking a stroll during a lunch break, or to don a vest and sit in a truck, looking like you're on standby until your vehicle is called to STA's sports fields.

Noticed one of those little green cement men missing the flag in the Savopoulos garage, any idea exactly why they are used and who would use one if they had it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1