DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I'm also curious as to why I've read reports that the police say they were held for "19 hours".....there's a reason they know that.

Because affidavit states offense started shortly after 6 pm and continiued until a little after 1 pm the next day. If you add that up you get 19 hours. But that might only apply to SS, not to the rest of the victims.

I've noticed NG has been quiet. Wonder if someone told her to stop talking to the media?

She is still talking. In fact we are discussing her recent revelations.

I just joined because I wanted to respond to something I saw several times in the previous thread. I live nearby and knew the family slightly. The house is not in a busy or highly dense area, just the opposite. There is a fairly busy intersection a block away but Woodland and Mass Ave Heights in general is quite deserted during the day. The neighborhood doesn't lead to anywhere so people aren't there, generally, unless their destination is somewhere in the neighborhood. The other houses are farther back from the curb. While the house is large by most standards, certainly mine, its one of the smaller homes in the neighborhood. Think massive mansions behind substantial gates and thats Mass Ave Heights.

:welcome: :wagon:

Hope this isn't a re-post. Tried posting earlier but did not see it appear (1st time posting).

It has been stated before that JW posted several racing related videos on Vimeo (under the name DriverGITS). What I found interesting is that in one of the videos (for the rally race), at one point he is shown observing the race wearing a neon green work vest. He likely had access to these due to track safety rules/regs.

I initially did not think JW was involved in this crime (I wanted to believe he was just an enthusiastic, decent, wannabe race car driver), but there are too many things pointing towards his involvement:
-Was the only person allowed inside the residence (garage) during the time of the crime
-Lied to the police when questioned according to CD
-According to witness, person seen driving Porsche on Thurs. had short, well-groomed hair and was wearing a neon green work vest (vest also found in remnants of burned Porsche)
-Apparently lived in close proximity to DW
-Due to being employed as SS's driver, likely had knowledge of family's schedule
-Was getting old in terms of making his mark as a professional race car driver and needed major funding to support his racing ambitions

:welcome: :wagon:

For some reason, these videos aren't playing in Firefox, and I get 1 second skip for 10 seconds when in IE. I'm sure just my 'puter.... thanks! Perhaps others can see. Quite a few here that I had no idea existed.

I can't find the pic of the green vest. Can somebody link me?

TIA.

Also, what is the source for the information that JW's phone was pinging in the hardware store? Is it media reports that Chief Lanier cautioned relying on due to inaccurate leaks?

I believe they have video of him at lowe's.

I believe they have video of him at lowe's.

Yes and I thought the pinging just placed him in VA and not necessarily at Lowe's. But considering Lowe's was just across the road from the dojo, it is very possible he left his phone at the dojo and went over to Lowe's. I'm still curious if he answered the 11:54 a.m. call from SS or not.

JMO

I think I'm the one who used dense but I was referring to an urban area with a lot of large houses on smaller lots and many, including the S house are very close to the street/sidewalk. I am assuming many have household help and service people coming and going throughout the day. Plenty of opportunities for someone to case the place out without detecting attention.

JMO

I don't want to belabor the point but this neighborhood is empty during the day. I've walked through there and felt self-conscious just walking down the sidewalk. I can't think of any other neighborhood in DC in which I've felt that way. Even though its in the middle of town its very isolated. I think anyone casing the place would attract attention unless they had a convincing cover. The vacuum cleaner salesman was not convincing, it was called in to the police. Did we ever hear more about that? I've lived in DC for MANY years and never had a vacuum cleaner salesman come to my door.

I don't want to belabor the point but this neighborhood is empty during the day. I've walked through there and felt self-conscious just walking down the sidewalk. I can't think of any other neighborhood in DC in which I've felt that way. Even though its in the middle of town its very isolated. I think anyone casing the place would attract attention unless they had a convincing cover. The vacuum cleaner salesman was not convincing, it was called in to the police. Did we ever hear more about that? I've lived in DC for MANY years and never had a vacuum cleaner salesman come to my door.

CNN reported there had been recent construction (paving) going on in the neighborhood and perhaps the intruder used a similar green vest the crews used to watch and gain access to the SS home

Maybe JW's lies were put into the charging documents to secure a search warrant of his residents, vehicle, phone and/or a wire tap on his phone.

I wouldn't be surprised if JW phone is tapped along with the other individuals found with DW when he was taken into custody. I think the reason for letting them all go was in hopes that they would talk. It's been known for some time that cell phones can be turned into listening devices. LE (FBI) can record everything that is being discussed by these individuals, even if they are not talking on their phone.

JMO

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013...-protect-yourself-from-government-spying.html

Cell phone users, beware. The FBI can listen to everything you say, even when the cell phone is turned off. A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a “roving bug.”

The one about assistant calling senior AIW employee and crying came from police documents.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html
That is one of the better articles.

"One longtime American Iron Works employee told police that he last saw Savvas Savopoulos at the Chantilly studio about 6 p.m. May 13, according to police documents. That employee told investigators that workers had been rushing to complete the martial arts studio, which had a grand opening planned for May 15. Savopoulos appeared on several Internet boards as a martial arts hobbyist and was involved in some exclusive clubs for the sport."

and

"On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say."​

The housekeeper is not an employee of American Iron Works and she is not a 'he'.

This woman said so many things, some (to put it nicely) opposing to each other.
For instance, it was reported she personally talked to this assistant and he told her he delivered the money.
So how can she now claim no one heard from him since the murders, when she herself heard from him since the murders, according to what she herself told reporters?

She said she spoke to him on Thursday and learned he delivered the money so how can this possibly be true?

Did she say he told her he had delivered the money? At this link http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/ she said the money was scheduled to be delivered, in which case he could have told her before 3:30 on Wednesday. I think it was speculation here that because there were texts and phone calls on Wednesday night and Thursday morning about arranging a money delivery there was no "scheduled" delivery and she must have heard about it after the fact. Perhaps both things are true? There was a scheduled delivery and then perhaps changes were made to the scheduled delivery.

I'd easily believe she said both things though. Just can't find a link.

How recent? I haven't seen any with local media (DC) in awhile.

New information from CNN reporter yesterday. Cannot find video of segment, but here is transcript. Scroll down.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/01/cg.02.html

This is where the conversation started that we are having about last #1 was seen was at 3:30 pm on WEDNESDAY, which is contrary to what have been said earlier. (She's gonna have more variations on the story than Jodi did )

TAPPER: Pamela, the longtime housekeeper to whom you referred also talked about the father's assistant. What did she have to say?

BROWN: She said she met him back in March. She recently started working for the family and she said that he worked at the family's home and also drove Mr. Savopoulos.

She said the last time she had seen or heard from him was the day before the murders. She said that he was at the martial art center that Savvas Savopoulos was trying to open.

That he left at around 3:30 p.m. that day and she said she has spoken to a lot of people since the murders who knew the family and no one had seen or heard from him.

I believe several incidents, including the salesman were reported to police or to the media so it doesn't sound all that isolated to me. Another poster has said there was street work going on recently. This family held functions at their home and I'm assuming that required service industry workers coming in and out. It just sounds to me like an upscale, urban residential area kinda like Hyde Park in Chicago. Lowlifes are attracted to those neighborhoods like moths to a flame, especially if there is mass transit close by.

JMO

Did she say he told her he had delivered the money? At this link http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/ she said the money was scheduled to be delivered, in which case he could have told her before 3:30 on Wednesday. I think it was speculation here that because there were texts and phone calls on Wednesday night and Thursday morning about arranging a money delivery there was no "scheduled" delivery and she must have heard about it after the fact. Perhaps both things are true? There was a scheduled delivery and then perhaps changes were made to the scheduled delivery.

I'd easily believe she said both things though. Just can't find a link.

Sure did. It's in the article you linked. She claims she spoke with the assistant and assistant confirmed he delivered the money.
Since assistant confirmed he delivered the money, she had to have talked with him either on Thursday or any day thereafter.

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

Maybe JW's lies were put into the charging documents to secure a search warrant of his residents, vehicle, phone and/or a wire tap on his phone.

I wouldn't be surprised if JW phone is tapped along with the other individuals found with DW when he was taken into custody. I think the reason for letting them all go was in hopes that they would talk. It's been known for some time that cell phones can be turned into listening devices. LE (FBI) can record everything that is being discussed by these individuals, even if they are not talking on their phone.

JMO

If that's what they were doing, the Patriot Act just expired so they can't continue to do it.

JMO

I just did a virtual drive by on Google and if you go by the garage you'll see the same cement blocks that you see in this current picture:
http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/getty/474005224.jpg?w=780&fit=max&q=70
The Google drive by is from August 2014, so I wasn't expecting to see all the cement blocks there. I've been trying to figure out what work was done or at least claimed to have been done and it looks like those big cement blocks in the driveway aren't related to it.

CNN reported there had been recent construction (paving) going on in the neighborhood and perhaps the intruder used a similar green vest the crews used to watch and gain access to the SS home

There was also a neon green sign (Pictured below) that resembles a flagger that is used in construction zones to alert drives that I seen was in the driveway. It was either taken by LE or moved back behind the red car in the second picture.

Click on pics to make them bigger

dc1.jpg

DC.jpg

dc2.jpg

Sure did. It's in the article you linked. She claims she spoke with the assistant and assistant confirmed he delivered the money.
Since assistant confirmed he delivered the money, she had to have talked with him either on Thursday or any day thereafter.

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

The problem I've had from the beginning is how did NG know about that delivery and was it scheduled prior to Thursday? I don't understand why there would need to be that flurry of calls Wed/Thursday if it was already scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98