DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I've had from the beginning is how did NG know about that delivery and was it scheduled prior to Thursday? I don't understand why there would need to be that flurry of calls Wed/Thursday if it was already scheduled.
She also claims she knew nothing at all about the money.

She also claims she knew nothing at all about the money.

She seems to be engaged in a bit of backpedaling. She has said she wasn't scheduled to work at the home on Thursday because she was working at the dojo on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It seems strange that SS would then call her Wednesday night and tell her she wasn't needed on Thursday when she already knew it.

"NEW: Attorneys representing Daron Wint have a thing or 2 to say about Robin Ficker. The man who's been defending him nonstop on TV. At 5." [video=twitter;605826193359642625]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/605826193359642625[/video]

I'm sure they do have a thing or 2 to say about that guy... ha!

Sure did. It's in the article you linked. She claims she spoke with the assistant and assistant confirmed he delivered the money.
Since assistant confirmed he delivered the money, she had to have talked with him either on Thursday or any day thereafter.

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...ered-to-washington-mansion-on-day-family-was/

Oh, I read it differently. She spoke with him (at some unnamed time) and he confirmed the money was delivered on Thursday (to LE in the charging documents). But I can see your interpretation. I wonder if it's more clearly stated that she spoke with him on Thursday somewhere else.

Absolutely! I'm also curious as to why I've read reports that the police say they were held for "19 hours".....there's a reason they know that.

The charging documents say that LE believes the crime started around 6:00 PM on Wed. and 1:00 on Thursday would be 19 hours, so maybe they got that from the charging documents. There is a little ambiguity (in my mind anyway) about whether LE believes that is when all of the crimes started, or just the crimes against SS. If the latter, even LE could believe that the perps entered the Savopoulos home before 6:00. Under that scenario, 6:00 would be roughly when SS walked into the house.

"NEW: Attorneys representing Daron Wint have a thing or 2 to say about Robin Ficker. The man who's been defending him nonstop on TV. At 5." [video=twitter;605826193359642625]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/605826193359642625[/video]

Can't wait to hear what they have to say! Hee Hee

The problem I've had from the beginning is how did NG know about that delivery and was it scheduled prior to Thursday? I don't understand why there would need to be that flurry of calls Wed/Thursday if it was already scheduled.

Any flurry of calls between SS and JW on Thursday morning, were likely between DW and JW if JW was involved.

JMO

Oh, I read it differently. She spoke with him (at some unnamed time) and he confirmed the money was delivered on Thursday (to LE in the charging documents). But I can see your interpretation. I wonder if it's more clearly stated that she spoke with him on Thursday somewhere else.

It's clear to me that she told a reporter that money were scheduled to be delivered on Thursday and she spoke with the assistant and he confirmed to her that money were delivered. There is nothing in there about assistant confirming it to LE.

Let us know if anything is mentioned about the quashing of the subpoena the USA filed. Thanks.

Any flurry of calls between SS and JW on Thursday morning, were likely between DW and JW if JW was involved.

JMO

The flurry of calls was between SS and his banker, accountant, AIW employee. SS supposedly called JW on Wed. night.

The reporter who wrote this:

"FOX 5 has learned that a Domino's pizza delivery was made just before midnight at the Savopoulos' house on May 13, the night before the victims were found dead. The delivery man says he left two pizzas at the front door and there was an envelope with cash left outside."​

Also wrote this, in the same article

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning."​

From: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/savopoulos-fire-deaths

Arrest warrant issued for suspect in DC quadruple murder
Posted: May 20, 2015 9:32 AM PDT
Updated: May 21, 2015 10:14 AM PDT
By MyFoxDC.com Web Producer

Knowing what we the public learned for ourselves from the charging document concurrent with or shortly after this article appeared, I find it difficult to thoroughly trust their reporting.

Let us know if anything is mentioned about the quashing of the subpoena the USA filed. Thanks.

I'll be on the train home at that time, but hopefully someone else can catch it! If not I'll try to find video of it later on.

Perhaps, however I am sure when LE saw the half eaten pizza they knew instantly that was their best chance of quickly getting DWs DNA from his saliva. The police have been seen coming out of the home with loads of other evidence. I think they will find way more than just his DNA on the pizza. Its just a very good beginning but will not encompass all of the evidence once everything has been tested. IMO

Since he was unsuccessful in burning the home and the fire was mostly confined to Philip's room I believe the best evidence that will be found connecting DW to these hideous murders will be on the victims themselves.

I have read many times where a Prosecutor has said that the best evidence they usually have comes from the victims themselves.

I remember a case that happened over 20 years ago now about a young woman who was murdered and she was bound with duct tape/weighted down and her body thrown in a creek. Even though she was submerged in water for 7 months Dr. Baden was able to retrieve fingerprints of the murderer from the sticky side of the tape. Now forensic testing has advance way beyond what it was back then.

Also duct tape almost becomes like a magnet when it comes to trace evidence such as fibers and hairs along with fingerprints.

All of this will take time for the lab to run the results and return their findings to LE.

I am very comfortable in thinking they will have way more evidence against DW than his DNA on the pizza however that is a monumental piece of evidence, no doubt about it.... since it logically cant be rationalized/explained away....no matter what the wacky defense attorney has to say. That is why so many think Flicker is a loose nut. Nothing he says makes commonsense
IMO[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! And let's not forget that the perpetrators were in the house for about 19 hours per LE. They had to use the toilet at some point; more DNA possibly.

The flurry of calls was between SS and his banker, accountant, AIW employee. SS supposedly called JW on Wed. night.

SS texted JW on Wednesday night and also called him on Thursday morning.

:floorlaugh: I'll watch it livestreaming at 5 then :floorlaugh:

Here is link to live http://www.myfoxdc.com/category/237285/live-newscasts

:tyou: Millhouse :daisy:

New information from CNN reporter yesterday. Cannot find video of segment, but here is transcript. Scroll down.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1506/01/cg.02.html

This is where the conversation started that we are having about last #1 was seen was at 3:30 pm on WEDNESDAY, which is contrary to what have been said earlier. (She's gonna have more variations on the story than Jodi did )

Like this maybe:

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/20...ay-family-was/

:waitasec:
So which is it? NO ONE has seen or heard from him since Wednesday? Or you talked to him and he confirmed the drop off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1