DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's clear to me that she told a reporter that money were scheduled to be delivered on Thursday and she spoke with the assistant and he confirmed to her that money were delivered. There is nothing in there about assistant confirming it to LE.

"Gutierrez, the family's housekeeper of 20 years, said an assistant was scheduled to drop off $40,000 in cash to the home Thursday to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Va. Gutierrez claims she spoke with the unnamed assistant who confirmed the money was delivered Thursday morning to the $5 million mansion on Woodland Drive near the National Cathedral."

That sounds like she spoke to him and he confirmed the drop. JMO

Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;605833496133705729]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/605833496133705729[/video]
New video tonight of red sports car where $ was left in Savopoulos murder case along with police examining a safe.

i would really love to know how the media misremembered her saying she knew about the money........doesnt seem to be possible to me.

The reporter who wrote this:

"FOX 5 has learned that a Domino's pizza delivery was made just before midnight at the Savopoulos' house on May 13, the night before the victims were found dead. The delivery man says he left two pizzas at the front door and there was an envelope with cash left outside."​

Also wrote this, in the same article

"In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning."​

From: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29114637/savopoulos-fire-deaths

Arrest warrant issued for suspect in DC quadruple murder
Posted: May 20, 2015 9:32 AM PDT
Updated: May 21, 2015 10:14 AM PDT
By MyFoxDC.com Web Producer

Knowing what we the public learned for ourselves from the charging document concurrent with or shortly after this article appeared, I find it difficult to thoroughly trust their reporting.

They learned from some unnamed source that pizza was delivered just before midnight (it was delivered before midngiht, but not "just" before midnight). I am not sure how that invalidates the interview they had with the named person, NG.

I believe several incidents, including the salesman were reported to police or to the media so it doesn't sound all that isolated to me. Another poster has said there was street work going on recently. This family held functions at their home and I'm assuming that required service industry workers coming in and out. It just sounds to me like an upscale, urban residential area kinda like Hyde Park in Chicago. Lowlifes are attracted to those neighborhoods like moths to a flame, especially if there is mass transit close by.

JMO

My point is that someone would have to have a good cover like working on the street or being in the service industry. The vests that were found support that. There is no way a <modsnip> could simply walk around and case a house in this neighborhood. Trust me on this, I live nearby. The neighborhood is bordered entirely on one side by Rock Creek Park, so its not a neighborhood you go through to get somewhere else. It isn't like other urban upscale neighborhoods in that sense. Like pretty much all of DC it is accessible through mass transit but not conveniently so. It would take at least 15 minutes to walk from the metro, up a large hill. A bus could get you much closer, but the bus system is cumbersome. There are other wealthy neighborhoods in DC like what you describe. All sorts of people wander through Georgetown. But Mass Ave Heights Ave is a world unto itself. The fact that several incidents like the salesman were reported to the police supports my point. You don't just wander through this neighborhood. If you were going to case the place you would need to be disguised as something believable.

how did she confirm the drop after it happened when she's now claiming she hadnt talked to him since wednsday?

B
I just joined because I wanted to respond to something I saw several times in the previous thread. I live nearby and knew the family slightly. The house is not in a busy or highly dense area, just the opposite. There is a fairly busy intersection a block away but Woodland and Mass Ave Heights in general is quite deserted during the day. The neighborhood doesn't lead to anywhere so people aren't there, generally, unless their destination is somewhere in the neighborhood. The other houses are farther back from the curb. While the house is large by most standards, certainly mine, its one of the smaller homes in the neighborhood. Think massive mansions behind substantial gates and thats Mass Ave Heights.

Welcome!
Since you live in the area...was any work done on traffic signals or crosswalks at that busy intersection around the time of the murders?
A company was adjusting the "time for crossing" near my house recently and the workers were wearing those green vests.

My point is that someone would have to have a good cover like working on the street or being in the service industry. The vests that were found support that. There is no way a <modsnip> could simply walk around and case a house in this neighborhood. Trust me on this, I live nearby. The neighborhood is bordered entirely on one side by Rock Creek Park, so its not a neighborhood you go through to get somewhere else. It isn't like other urban upscale neighborhoods in that sense. Like pretty much all of DC it is accessible through mass transit but not conveniently so. It would take at least 15 minutes to walk from the metro, up a large hill. A bus could get you much closer, but the bus system is cumbersome. There are other wealthy neighborhoods in DC like what you describe. All sorts of people wander through Georgetown. But Mass Ave Heights Ave is a world unto itself. The fact that several incidents like the salesman were reported to the police supports my point. You don't just wander through this neighborhood. If you were going to case the place you would need to be disguised as something believable.
So, do you think this is personal... targeted?

My point is that someone would have to have a good cover like working on the street or being in the service industry. The vests that were found support that. There is no way a "lowlife" could simply walk around and case a house in this neighborhood. Trust me on this, I live nearby. The neighborhood is bordered entirely on one side by Rock Creek Park, so its not a neighborhood you go through to get somewhere else. It isn't like other urban upscale neighborhoods in that sense. Like pretty much all of DC it is accessible through mass transit but not conveniently so. It would take at least 15 minutes to walk from the metro, up a large hill. A bus could get you much closer, but the bus system is cumbersome. There are other wealthy neighborhoods in DC like what you describe. All sorts of people wander through Georgetown. But Mass Ave Heights Ave is a world unto itself. The fact that several incidents like the salesman were reported to the police supports my point. You don't just wander through this neighborhood. If you were going to case the place you would need to be disguised as something believable.

Since you live nearby, do you happen to know/heard what a neighbor saw
while driving by on the day of fire that he thought was highly unusual and caused him to slow down is car for a look?

They learned from some unnamed source that pizza was delivered just before midnight (it was delivered before midngiht, but not "just" before midnight). I am not sure how that invalidates the interview they had with the named person, NG.
Well, I will give it one try. Did they talk with the delivery man ("The delivery man says...") or are they reporting what someone else says the delivery man said? Or, what? We know from the Charging Document that "The pizza boxes are time stamped Wednesday, May 13, 2015, at approximately 9:14 pm." So, if the Fox5 reporter is talking directly with the delivery man why would the delivery man say the delivery was made 'just before midnight'?

All of which makes me a little unsure when they say they spoke with the housekeeper off camera, and here is what she said. I just think that it is not good reporting and I don't trust it. This whole forum is a perfect example of people who think they heard or read one thing while another person can listen to or read the same thing and draw a completely different conclusion. So, one learns similarly about which reporters to trust, and ones not to trust so much. It really isn't about the truthfulness of the housekeeper, its about the veracity and thoroughness of the reporting, imo.

They had 2 safes.. garage and the 2nd floor.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...23d_story.html

"One longtime American Iron Works employee told police that he last saw Savvas Savopoulos at the Chantilly studio about 6 p.m. May 13, according to police documents. That employee told investigators that workers had been rushing to complete the martial arts studio, which had a grand opening planned for May 15. Savopoulos appeared on several Internet boards as a martial arts hobbyist and was involved in some exclusive clubs for the sport."
also
"On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee&#8217;s cellphone &#8220;and was crying,&#8221; according to the police documents. The assistant &#8220;stated that he had dropped off a package&#8221; at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say."​
The housekeeper is not an employee of American Iron Works and she is not a 'he'.
bbmubm

Who is 'the' veteran employee that JW phoned?

1. Is 'the' employee in 2nd paragraph same person as 'one' employee in 1st para?
C/Docs state an AIW employee went to bank, w/drew ransom $, provided to JW.
Did JW phone him?Why him? Why cry, a ploy?
Whoever longtime employee is, police docs show LE interviewed him fairly early.
E'ee was aware of Mr S's actions re dojo, big rush, etc. Did everyone at AIW know?

2. Is it poss 'the' employee in 2nd paragraph is actually Mr S? Unlikely, but?
Was it so early in info-gathering cycle by LE, 'police docs' ref'ed to him as E'ee? Ditto some MSM?
This wapo story says Mr S owned or was involved in multiple businesses, later says:
"... the president and chief executive of American Iron Works..."
If JW phoned MrS's cell (seems unlikely), was he trying to estab (false?) claim, that he had just learned of deaths?

All speculation on my part, no basis in fact.

I don't remember work at that intersection. However, there has been a lot of roadwork all over the city recently.

That safe looked like it had been wiped clean imo. No evidence of fingerprints on the fingerprint dust

I've never heard or read about someone noticing something that made them slow down. Don't know. I wasn't there until after the fire, and at that point the block was closed off.

It is an OSHA regulation that all construction workers, working near traffic must where those vests.

Savvass Channel 5 update just now that I watched live -........
Police there today looking at safe in garage,
and room on second floor on 32nd street side, was going through paperwork, that paperwork was taken out of house.
HIS NEW ATTYS WANT Police radio channel traffic, 911 calls, names of people taken into custody.
As they were shooting, media saw safe in garage, police seen twisting dial, police took photos of it then closed garage.
The three cars taken last week were returned to the house and put back behind police tape

Re Ficker..... media went to public defender, that office says that Wint has no intention of hiring Ficker, and has no authority to be speaking for him (They did NOT talk to new attys on camera of course)

I have wondered also if JW was asked to call 10 minutes before arriving, and if so by whom and by what method. Can't look now but iirc he called 10 minutes before arriving. Jmo odk

I believe they have video of him at lowe's.

Thank you, but I still think this is from media reports, which Chief Lanier said contained inaccurate info. Maybe LE has seen such a video but the reporting in this case has been so bad I trust little of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98