DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Public Defender Service in DC is one of the best public defender offices in the country, if not the best. I am assuming he will have an attorney assigned from that office. Wise move to go that route instead that clown.

Most reports describe NG as having worked for the family for 20 years. Then the Pamela Something-or-Other reporter (I'm sorry, I forget her name) just said that NG had told her that NG had met JW in March, that she had recently started working with the family, etc., etc., and I'm wondering if maybe Pamela got it right while all along the rest of the media got it wrong. Maybe NG only worked with them relatively briefly, not for 20 years. I wonder if LE has verified her employment history with the family. Twenty years has always sounded a bit odd to me - NG seems quite young, and also, 20 years ago, this family was just a couple, and back then, they hadn't yet moved into this beautiful, large house. If it turns out that NG hadn't worked with them for 20 years, we might chalk up the misunderstanding to ESL issues, or an interpreter's mistake, or...more of NG's prevaricating. Her constant contradictions spur my suspicion. Perhaps she and JW struck it off well (maybe even romantically?) and then they hatched a plan to benefit from their boss's wealth and trusting disposition...not to murder, but to get money.

Savvass Channel 5 update just now that I watched live - Police there today looking at safe in garage, and room on second floor on 32nd street side, was going through paperwork, that paperwork was taken out of house. Fighting attys about subpeonas. HIS NEW ATTYS WANT Police radio channel traffic, 911 calls, names of people taken into custody. As they were shooting, they saw safe in garage, they twisted dial, then police took photos of it then closed garage. The three cars taken last week were returned to the house.

Re Ficker..... media went to public defender, DA says that Wint has no intention of hiring Ficker, and has no authority to be speaking for him (They did NOT talk to new attys)

Wonder what the paperwork was? Room was probably the office/study of SS I'm thinking

Most reports describe NG as having worked for the family for 20 years. Then the Pamela Something-or-Other reporter (I'm sorry, I forget her name) just said that NG had told her that NG had met JW in March, that she had recently started working with the family, etc., etc., and I'm wondering if maybe Pamela got it right while all along the rest of the media got it wrong. ...

JW is the one who recently started to work with the family, not NG. NG only met JW in March because he started working for SS about that time. NG isn't all that young, she is in her late forties (47, I believe).

Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;605833496133705729]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/605833496133705729[/video]
New video tonight of red sports car where $ was left in Savopoulos murder case along with police examining a safe.

Weird! They have clearly moved cars around in the crime scene before they were towed. Because the red Audi was, from what I thought, was always behind the Mosler. And the white Range Rover where the Audi is.

Wonder what that is about?

That safe looked like it had been wiped clean imo. No evidence of fingerprints on the fingerprint dust

The safes could have been the main target! What was in them? Cash, jewels, keys!

The Public Defender Service in DC is one of the best public defender offices in the country, if not the best. I am assuming he will have an attorney assigned from that office. Wise move to go that route instead that clown.

Yes they are!!! The Director received a J.D. from Harvard

Well, I will give it one try. Did they talk with the delivery man ("The delivery man says...") or are they reporting what someone else says the delivery man said? Or, what? We know from the Charging Document that "The pizza boxes are time stamped Wednesday, May 13, 2015, at approximately 9:14 pm." So, if the Fox5 reporter is talking directly with the delivery man why would the delivery man say the delivery was made 'just before midnight'?

All of which makes me a little unsure when they say they spoke with the housekeeper off camera, and here is what she said. I just think that it is not good reporting and I don't trust it. This whole forum is a perfect example of people who think they heard or read one thing while another person can listen to or read the same thing and draw a completely different conclusion. So, one learns similarly about which reporters to trust, and ones not to trust so much. It really isn't about the truthfulness of the housekeeper, its about the veracity and thoroughness of the reporting, imo.
I will speak up for Paul Wagner. I don't know where he got this info from but it was either from a source within the investigation or the delivery person that didn't want to be mentioned. It is also mo that in an envelope there was a tip but again, there may not have been an envelope idk.

Weird! They have clearly moved cars around in the crime scene before they were towed. Because the red Audi was, from what I thought, was always behind the Mosler. And the white Range Rover where the Audi is.

They were towed and then moved back to the home ... so the order is not the same. I also noticed the white Rover has Maryland tags. Wonder if it's registered to AIW

I've never heard or read about someone noticing something that made them slow down. Don't know. I wasn't there until after the fire, and at that point the block was closed off.

This is what was being referred to I think. (Video of the neighbor is also at the link)

It's concerning to me because I have a family that lives near here," said a neighbor, who lives up the road.

The neighbor said he drove by the home daily on Woodland Drive where Thursday May 14 Savvas Savopoulos, his wife Amy and two others, believed to be their son and housekeeper, were found dead inside.

Monday he stopped at the home to tell police what he saw outside the house the same day the deadly discovery was made.

The neighbor told ABC7 "I don't want to give any details because it might be useful information but I stopped to give a report because it was a little unusual and out of the ordinary."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05/4-found-dead-after-house-fire-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05...#ixzz3bqni4tUZ
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05...ay-114003.html

I don't remember work at that intersection. However, there has been a lot of roadwork all over the city recently.

Throughout this whole past school year, the block of Garfield from Mass down to Reno (at the Belgian Embassy), and the block of Reno from the Garfield intersection towards nearly as far as Woodley, there have been scores of construction guys in fluorescent vests slowing/stopping traffic, frequently at various intervals on most weekdays, due to STA's massive renovation of the sports facilities. The junction of Reno and Garfield, right next to the Belgian Embassy, is a block west of where Woodland opens onto Garfield, which is one, curved, short block from Philip's home. So yeah, there was no work on the roads directly adjacent to his home, but those guys in vests have been toiling just a stone's throw away. It would be very easy to don a vest and pretend to be one of those fellows taking a stroll during a lunch break, or to don a vest and sit in a truck, looking like you're on standby until your vehicle is called to STA's sports fields.

Up thread it said the cars were returned to the home.

JW is the one who recently started to work with the family, not NG. NG only met JW in March because he started working for SS about that time. NG isn't all that young, she is in her late forties (47, I believe).

Thank you, I understood already that JW started with the family in March, but back in Post #29, the Pamela Brown transcript quote mentions that NG told her that she recently had started working with the family...that's why I thought it odd. Like until then, I thought only JW was new. And I thought NG had been working for them for 20 years. But the Pamela Brown transcript made me think - Oh! She started only recently?? As for her age, if she's 47, then yeah, 20 years wouldn't be weird. For some reason I thought she was, like, 30-35.

Regarding DW's court filing, I have no idea who or why this motion was filed.

06/01/2015 Motion to Quash Filed: Motion to Quash Subpoenas Filed:
Attorney: COHEN JR, Mr VINCENT H (471489)

Who does he represent?

Thank you, I understood already that JW started with the family in March, but back in Post #29, the Pamela Brown transcript quote mentions that NG told her that she recently had started working with the family...that's why I thought it odd. Like until then, I thought only JW was new. And I thought NG had been working for them for 20 years. But the Pamela Brown transcript made me think - Oh! She started only recently?? As for her age, if she's 47, then yeah, 20 years wouldn't be weird. For some reason I thought she was, like, 30-35.
Everybody else is reporting she worked for the family for 20 years.

Most reports describe NG as having worked for the family for 20 years. Then the Pamela Something-or-Other reporter (I'm sorry, I forget her name) just said that NG had told her that NG had met JW in March, that she had recently started working with the family, etc., etc., and I'm wondering if maybe Pamela got it right while all along the rest of the media got it wrong. Maybe NG only worked with them relatively briefly, not for 20 years. I wonder if LE has verified her employment history with the family. Twenty years has always sounded a bit odd to me - NG seems quite young, and also, 20 years ago, this family was just a couple, and back then, they hadn't yet moved into this beautiful, large house. If it turns out that NG hadn't worked with them for 20 years, we might chalk up the misunderstanding to ESL issues, or an interpreter's mistake, or...more of NG's prevaricating. Her constant contradictions spur my suspicion. Perhaps she and JW struck it off well (maybe even romantically?) and then they hatched a plan to benefit from their boss's wealth and trusting disposition...not to murder, but to get money.

Interesting that she said she met JW in March yet JW wasn't hired by SS until April.

Thanks atthelake, now we know who he is. The good guy :)

But who issued the subpoena? And why would the US Attorney want to quash it? Too soon? Would love to know who/what the subpoena was for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1