GUILTY DC - Tricia McCauley, 46, Washington DC, 25 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if she ran in to pick something up at CVS and he hid in the car....

I doubt he could hide in that small of a car.

ETA: She had a Scion IQ --google pictures of it compared to average sized cars and you will see what I mean.

Adrian Duane Johnson, who was allegedly found driving McCauley’s car Monday night with her body still inside, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder in McCauley’s death, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department said in a news releasee Tuesday.

Johnson, 29, is also charged with theft and simple assault, after police allege he robbed a CVS Monday after McCauley vanished. It’s unclear if he has retained an attorney or entered a plea to his charges.

He has a criminal history this year, NBC Washington reports, including multiple arrests for theft and one arrest for assault with intent. According to the TV station, Johnson was ordered at a December court hearing to wear a GPS monitor.

The disposition of his previous arrests and whether he was wearing the monitor at the time of McCauley’s disappearance and death were not immediately clear.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-step-actress-remembered-beautiful-125319938.html

Alias

[video=twitter;813866659370987520]https://twitter.com/Rachel_Sadon/status/813866659370987520[/video]...Adrian Duane Johnson AKA Duane Adrian Johnson, of Upper Marlboro, MD...

Such a clever alias, no one would ever guess.

I doubt he could hide in that small of a car.

ETA: She had a Scion IQ --google pictures of it compared to average sized cars and you will see what I mean.

It's a tiny car it has 4 seats but the back two are tiny. It's like a Smart car 2 seater but slightly longer. It was sold as a Toyota IQ in the U.K. I'm so sorry Tricia has lost her life in this senseless murder. I'm glad he was caught so quickly but unfortunately it was too late to save Tricia.

Wonder if she ran in to pick something up at CVS and he hid in the car....
I think it's more likely he was looking for a getaway car when he spotted her. Not an especially good vehicle to carjack if he wanted to remain inconspicuous.

Other developments:

The man charged with killing D.C. yoga instructor Tricia McCauley claimed to police that he had sex with her and she then killed herself inside her own car, documents filed in D.C. court say.

Prosecutors say Duane Adrian Johnson sexually assaulted McCauley and strangled her.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...h-Gives-Grim-Account-of-Ordeal-408544035.html

Court documents show a man charged with killing a D.C. actress and yoga instructor told police that she killed herself after he had sex with her.
[...]
There was an outburst in the courtroom Wednesday at the defense’s suggestion that Johnson should be released due to lack of evidence tying him to the killing. Greg Upwall, McCauley’s friend, shouted in court, “What? He’s an animal. He took my friend from me! He stole her.”
http://wtop.com/dc/2016/12/court-documents-suspect-said-dc-yoga-teacher-killed-herself/

What??? She strangled herself?!!! I don't think so.

This is one of those horrible cases that remind us all that life can change in mere seconds.

He raped her too? OMG. It just keeps getting worse to read. That poor woman.

I think it's more likely he was looking for a getaway car when he spotted her. Not an especially good vehicle to carjack if he wanted to remain inconspicuous.

Other developments:

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...h-Gives-Grim-Account-of-Ordeal-408544035.html

http://wtop.com/dc/2016/12/court-documents-suspect-said-dc-yoga-teacher-killed-herself/

What??? She strangled herself?!!! I don't think so.

This guy must have the IQ of a turnip root to say she strangled herself. I do believe that is one of the dumbest things I have heard a defendant come up with. I hope he sticks with that ridiculous story when it goes to trial. Justice will be swift.

I suspected all along he had raped Tricia. That may have been his number one motive all along and taking her car and credit cards were secondary motives after he had raped and killed her.

It sure shows how vulnerable we all are. This tragedy happened right in broad daylight and in a blink of an eye she was gone forever. God rest her soul. So senseless.

I think if hijacking the vehicle was really his motive he would have just pulled her out of her vehicle and threw her on the ground and drove away. She was very petite and wouldn't be any match for him.

This reminds me of another case. I believe the victim's first name was Eve but I could be mistaken and she was a college student. I remember they showed a photo of the suspect when he drove through an ATM in her car. I believe she was also raped before she was murdered.:(

This guy must have the IQ of a turnip root to say she strangled herself. I do believe that is one of the dumbest things I have heard a defendant come up with. I hope he sticks with that ridiculous story when it goes to trial. Justice will be swift.

I suspected all along he had raped Tricia. That may have been his number one motive all along and taking her car and credit cards were secondary motives after he had raped and killed her.

It sure shows how vulnerable we all are. This tragedy happened right in broad daylight and in a blink of an eye she was gone forever. God rest her soul. So senseless.

I think if hijacking the vehicle was really his motive he would have just pulled her out of her vehicle and threw her on the ground and drove away. She was very petite and wouldn't be any match for him.

This reminds me of another case. I believe the victim's first name was Eve but I could be mistaken and she was a college student. I remember they showed a photo of the suspect when he drove through an ATM in her car. I believe she was also raped before she was murdered.:(

BBM. Eve Carson. Student body president at UNC-Chapel Hill in the final weeks of her last semester. An elite (Morehead) scholarship student, well-loved, and beautiful inside and out. I lived in Chapel Hill at the time, and my husband has met her father. She wasn't raped, thank God, but she was murdered in cold blood after two men kidnapped her and drove her around to several ATM machines before shooting her in a quiet residential neighborhood about a mile from downtown Chapel Hill. A real tragedy.

I agree, this guy sounds dumber than dumb.

BBM. Eve Carson. Student body president at UNC-Chapel Hill in the final weeks of her last semester. An elite (Morehead) scholarship student, well-loved, and beautiful inside and out. I lived in Chapel Hill at the time, and my husband has met her father. She wasn't raped, thank God, but she was murdered in cold blood after two men kidnapped her and drove her around to several ATM machines before shooting her in a quiet residential neighborhood about a mile from downtown Chapel Hill. A real tragedy.

I agree, this guy sounds dumber than dumb.

Thank you for the information Ski! After I thought about Eve the last name of Carson did come to mind.

I am so glad at least Eve didn't have to endure a rape before she was murdered.

I don't think he hijacked her car as a getaway vehicle either. He did the robbery of CVS after he had already murdered Tricia.

Both of these cases are so senseless and heartbreaking along with so many others.

He raped her too? OMG. It just keeps getting worse to read. That poor woman.

IMOO, this was his motive all along for taking Tricia. Taking the car and credit cards were secondary after he had killed her. In cases like this were a female is overpowered and taken by a suspect the number one motive is to do so with an intent to sexually assault the victim and then they murder them so they wont be able to tell anyone what has happened to them.

I wouldn't think many carjackers would even want to carjack this tiny little car.

Forgive me if this has been posted and I missed it, but do we know WHERE he attacked her? Was she at home or in a parking lot of a store?

TIA.

""If someone is suicidal and gives you all their stuff is that illegal?" Johnson told police, the documents read."

[FONT=&quot]""Johnson told police that he met McCauley around or on Christmas when she offered him a ride. Then he claimed that she offered to have sex with him and that they had intercourse “on a curb somewhere,” court documents obtained by the Associated Press state."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She supposedly told him that he could use her car and credit cards before she hanged herself inside the vehicle, the suspect alleged."

[/FONT]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/murder-suspect-claims-actress-sex-article-1.2927066

The D.C. actress and yoga instructor who disappeared Christmas Day and was later found dead in her car had her legs bound by a seat belt and exhibited signs of sexual assault, according to an arrest affidavit filed in court.

Police said Tricia McCauley, 46, had been strangled and beaten, then stuffed in the rear of her white Scion iQ hatchback and concealed under several items.

[...]

Johnson told police that he met McCauley “sometime on or around Christmas Day” and that she had offered him a ride, according to the affidavit.

Authorities said there were several sightings of her car and of Johnson on Dec. 26. One was at a CVS on 14th Street NW, where police said he stole 15 Dove soap bars, struck an employee and grabbed his phone. His image was captured on surveillance video.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...03044780a02_story.html?utm_term=.c8e20db5685e

Ugh! Poor woman. I don't believe his story that she offered him a ride, either. What I mean about the get-away car is that he was looking for transportation to and from the CVS robbery. Just speculation.

He stole 15 bars of soap. That, and took an employee's phone.

I don't think his primary intention was to rape Tricia. Rape is a sign of anger, a desire to control. I'm wondering if he tried to carjack Tricia, and when she resisted he became angry so he raped and murdered her. He also assaulted a CVS employee. This man becomes filled with rage when someone doesn't comply with his orders, IMO.

""If someone is suicidal and gives you all their stuff is that illegal?" Johnson told police, the documents read."

[FONT=&amp]""Johnson told police that he met McCauley around or on Christmas when she offered him a ride. Then he claimed that she offered to have sex with him and that they had intercourse “on a curb somewhere,” court documents obtained by the Associated Press state."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]She supposedly told him that he could use her car and credit cards before she hanged herself inside the vehicle, the suspect alleged."

[/FONT]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/murder-suspect-claims-actress-sex-article-1.2927066
Wow. Does that guy think anyone is going to believe him? He is full of lies.

Friends began a search and set up a Facebook page run by McCauley’s brother. Ann Norton, the executive director of the Washington Stage Guild, went to McCauley’s apartment on North Capitol Street. Roommates were gone; she found the apartment “neat as a pin,” though McCauley had left behind an unwashed pan with the scrapings of her Brussels sprouts, caramelized in balsamic vinegar.

It was a clue that McCauley had left for the party and taken her food.

What happened in the ensuing hours remains unknown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...03044780a02_story.html?utm_term=.9f625cc12a83

It certainly doesn't sound like she was suicidal. She prepared food she was taking to a party. She planned to visit family the following day.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if the food was still in the car when LE found it? Wondering if Johnson ate the food just to compound the insult to Tricia.

[FONT=&amp]""Johnson told police that he met McCauley around or on Christmas when she offered him a ride. Then he claimed that she offered to have sex with him and that they had intercourse “on a curb somewhere,” court documents obtained by the Associated Press state."

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]She supposedly told him that he could use her car and credit cards before she hanged herself inside the vehicle, the suspect alleged."

[/FONT]

OMG. He is delusional. Is he preparing an insanity defense?!?

OMG. He is delusional. Is he preparing an insanity defense?!?
Seems that could be the plan.

Johnson's stepfather, Russell Dixon, told The Washington Post that Johnson had been living on the streets and suffered from mental problems. Dixon suggested the courts had been too lenient on his stepson.

“The court system let him go. That’s not the help he needs,” he told the Post. “He should have been held.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back