DCF Worker States: Casey referred to Caylee as "that child"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, I still don't get why one would use the pronoun "that" to refer to a child (especially their own) in their presence unless the child was a stranger, e.g. in a park-"that girl over there".:confused::confused::confused: To me it's extremely distancing and disrespectful, even if it's used endearingly. Even tone of voice makes a huge difference when you're calling a child "snothead", and Casey didn't say it directly to Caylee- so I don't think it was a term of endearment. She said it about her to someone else- that's disgusting, IMO!

I think you have to know the person using different words to describe their kids or child in order to know if the name is meant as a pet name or not. When you know the person you know how they talk. You know their body language, etc. Anybody that knows me knows that I have all kinds of pet names for my grandkids and great grandkids and even some for my grown kids. That is my personality. I make up goofy songs to sing to the little ones and tell them they have a crazy Nana. That is just me. When we don't know the person or can't see their body language or know the whole conversation when they used a certain name describing their child then we shouldn't judge them...IMO.

I watched my 14 month old great granddaughter one day and her nose streamed all day long. I carried a kleenix around all day and also spent all day saying "come here snot face...let's wipe that nose again." Said with love of course.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. When I get home from work and say "Hey handsome! How was your day? I missed you!" I do not believe I am being abusive to my baby. If I say "Where's the boy?" I'm not being mean toward him. He's alive, well and somewhere in the vicinity of whomever I entrusted with his care.

In my prior post (and please forgive me for not having the post number), I mentioned that I have called my son by many different names including the dog's names. That was not done on purpose but purely accidental. The day after the dogs got trimmed, my Mom was visiting and said "Carter looks like a puppy with his hair cut." I responded by saying "I'm hoping you meant Coda, not Carter."

When my friends are all together we end up calling all of our children by nicknames because there is Carter, Corey, Connor, Collin, Kyle and Cody... Imagine that for confusion if we tried to refer to the right child by the right name!

When I refer to Carter as Buzz or Lil Buzz it is because he reminds me so much of my grandfather and I welcome the opportunity to have reminders of a passed on loved one. I also refer to him by his middle name, Jacob or Jake because I know the person he was named for is looking down on us and smiling!

The nickname / pet name is not offensive to me because in my village in PA most people have a nickname of some sort.

I do have to agree that I would not refer to Carter as "that child" or "the boy" or anything but Carter and he during a professional interview, especially knowing that he may be in danger or deceased.

When Carter is in trouble he is referred to by his full name "Carter Jacob (Insert Mommy's surname)-(Insert Daddy's surname)"

:clap::clap::clap:

I believe: " T H A T CHILD"

is totally different than "My Child"

That just does not belong....

besides....

the words.... and attitude of parent before & After count also !!!

THE WORDS AND A T T I T U D E of KC are rude and disgusting !!!

KC is selfish !
KC is KC and KC Wants What KC WANTS for KC ! ! !

TrishyPA I hear what you are saying... Yes I think Nick names are
ok...

I think *ALL* of us can tell when we hear with our EARS
and

S E E with our eye .... a so called parent like "KC"

sorry
she ticks me off !:furious::furious::furious:

CAYLEE is now with a most Loving Heavenly Father = GOD ! ! !

KC CAN NOT HURT HER ANYMORE !

JMO

God BLess !
jjgram

Sorry, I still don't get why one would use the pronoun "that" to refer to a child (especially their own) in their presence unless the child was a stranger, e.g. in a park-"that girl over there".:confused::confused::confused: To me it's extremely distancing and disrespectful, even if it's used endearingly. Even tone of voice makes a huge difference when you're calling a child "snothead", and Casey didn't say it directly to Caylee- so I don't think it was a term of endearment. She said it about her to someone else- that's disgusting, IMO!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank you ! Well said ! ! !:clap: :clap: :clap:

KC is KC

We have seen how she acts !
We have seen how she talks !

and we see the END Results...

Her Toddler 2 year old child CAYLEE is DEAD !

Jury will hear the EVIDENCE ! Judge & Jury will decide !

JMO

God Bless!
jjgram

*** I don't like people to talk the way KC & CA talk ! ! !

Ya'll know something. This DCF worker is an officer of the court. If this is how he interpreted KC words and wrote in his report, then by george I am gonna believe him. As someone else here has stated, these DCF workers are educated and trained to pick-up on these types nuances during investigations. This DCF worker was investigating, not planing to party out with KC as to the whereabouts of Caylee. I for one am not gonna question what or how he heard it.

Bottom line and I will say it again is when your child is missing and you want LE and the public to help find them, you state their name and give a description as best you can.

Totally agree. I'm sure this kind of discussion can get irritating and I hope that I don't come across as questioning the professionals knowledge or judgment. I know that they know their jobs. I also believe the cadaver dogs know theirs. It may seem irrelevant to have gone on and on but I am learning so much from you all. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, experience and links to info. (....you to Duckley):)

Yes I was! I should have enclosed the quote in <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags. So I just deleted the post instead. In our house, we have tons of made up names for every man, woman, child and animal. They are said with affection.

While I do believe that KC is a cold, callused murderer, I cannot condemn her for a choice of words we did not hear but that has only been relayed and transcribed. Sorry for the confusion. I always forget that everybody doesn't know that I'm a sarcastic SOB!

:)

THANK GAWD!
i'm sorry ecs, i've never seen you being sarcastic and the post seemed so out of character that i put a demi disclaimer at the beginning lol.
ok - ecs is one of the good guys - God's in His heaven - and everything makes sense again, PHEW!

The CPS worker was sitting with Casey when they were talking so I would agree that she knows what she is talking about. I don't like "that child" either. It sounds so negative.

I think you have to know the person using different words to describe their kids or child in order to know if the name is meant as a pet name or not. When you know the person you know how they talk. You know their body language, etc. Anybody that knows me knows that I have all kinds of pet names for my grandkids and great grandkids and even some for my grown kids. That is my personality. I make up goofy songs to sing to the little ones and tell them they have a crazy Nana. That is just me. When we don't know the person or can't see their body language or know the whole conversation when they used a certain name describing their child then we shouldn't judge them...IMO.

I watched my 14 month old great granddaughter one day and her nose streamed all day long. I carried a kleenix around all day and also spent all day saying "come here snot face...let's wipe that nose again." Said with love of course.

Great points! So if I study what we can tell of KC's overall body language that day with DCS, tone of voice (if I could have heard it) and her state of mind, here's what I get: DCS did not write that KC was angry or aggitated (except when speaking about LE), rather KC was the opposite, welcoming and warm.

I do not think she uses terms like "that kid" and "that child" as a purposeful instrument of contempt OR endearment. She's way too shallow for that. I think she uses those terms because she's heard other people use those terms and sociopaths try to relate through linguisitic style. I think she comes off as welcoming to DCS because sociopaths learn that people can be manipulated with kindness.
Totally sociopathic, and DCS picked up on this as not just a disconnect from Caylee in the use of the term "that child," but the overall distance KC displayed from the weight of the entire situation at hand.

MOO

:bump:

Will this information be presented to the Jury?
Casey was still spewing her nonsense about working at Universal Studios in Sept 2008 to DCF

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

Casey told DCF that she looked forward to telling her side of the story to someone (other than her family and law enforcement). Cindy started talking, Casey stopped her, saying this was her chance to speak.

Casey stated that she left Caylee with Zanny so she could go to work.
Casey told them (despite what LE says) she works at Universal Studios in the Event department.
DCF asked about the Nanny but Casey said she couldn’t reveal more because of her criminal case.

Casey tells the story about Caylee’s father. They met in middle school and that his name was Eric. Eric and his family moved to Kentucky, where he later died in a car crash. She refused to give his last name to protect his family’s privacy.

ICA also stated, in this report that the biodad was Eric, who died in a car crash, and he had set up a trust fund for Caylee before his death.

Now, who believes that????

:bump:

Will this information be presented to the Jury?
Casey was still spewing her nonsense about working at Universal Studios in Sept 2008 to DCF

http://orlandosentinel.image2.trb.com/orlnews/media/acrobat/2008-11/43228283.PDF

Casey told DCF that she looked forward to telling her side of the story to someone (other than her family and law enforcement). Cindy started talking, Casey stopped her, saying this was her chance to speak.

Casey stated that she left Caylee with Zanny so she could go to work.
Casey told them (despite what LE says) she works at Universal Studios in the Event department.
DCF asked about the Nanny but Casey said she couldn’t reveal more because of her criminal case.

Casey tells the story about Caylee’s father. They met in middle school and that his name was Eric. Eric and his family moved to Kentucky, where he later died in a car crash. She refused to give his last name to protect his family’s privacy.

Interesting. I wonder if talking with DCF investigators would be considered as violating her rights to council?

ICA also stated, in this report that the biodad was Eric, who died in a car crash, and he had set up a trust fund for Caylee before his death.

Now, who believes that????

Family moved from Florida to Kentucky and as of 2008 were living in Italy.. In the country of La Bella Vita!!!

Wonder what happened to the Trust Fund...he must have come from a "Wealthy" family to be able to set up a Trust fund for Caylee...
If he set up a trust fund....then his family would know of Caylee and that she died...
Casey just lies and lies and lies...as George said..Casey takes it to the edge and then piles on some more

Interesting. I wonder if talking with DCF investigators would be considered as violating her rights to council?

She was out on bail and she states she is not permitted to talk about certain things because of advice from counsel. So she's pretty much on her own, isn't she. We heard in court that if she wants to meet with someone without her counsel present she is free to do so. KC knows the ropes but KC likes to talk. If she told DCF she could not speak with them unless her attorney was present they would have called JB and made an appointment to see her there. In her own words KC wants to tell DCF her side, wants to speak for herself. Must be hard in jail with no one to tell lies to. Game over.

If If If...Caylee did have a trust fund and the biological father died wouldn't Caylee's caretaker/mother be the beneficiary of said funds? If If If Caylee had a father that acknowledged (even if in private) her wouldn't any insurance, death or accidental rather law suit for wrongful death or any other type of insurance do to his untimely death go to the child of said insured? So many questions, so many lies....

If If If...Caylee did have a trust fund and the biological father died wouldn't Caylee's caretaker/mother be the beneficiary of said funds? If If If Caylee had a father that acknowledged (even if in private) her wouldn't any insurance, death or accidental rather law suit for wrongful death or any other type of insurance do to his untimely death go to the child of said insured? So many questions, so many lies....

So True Angel4u... Too many lies...too many lies....:tsktsk::tsktsk:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back