Identified! DE - Bear, WhtFem 16-25, UP7097, pregnant, in laundry bag, Mar'67 - NamUs removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She seems too young. Sounds like Janis was involved with some shady people. She may have went with them willingly, but I don't see how this all adds up to a pregnancy and abortion. All too often pregnancy with shady people usually involves getting rid of the mother. (Also the dates don't match)

This Jane Doe sounds like she was involved with someone who either didn't want the baby or she didn't want the pregnancy, but lost her life in the process.
www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/nh-janis-louise-taylor-15-concord-jan-9-1968.554071/#post-17506132"

ETA: Wikipedia is now saying she died of sepsis and not an abortion. So, I guess Janis is a possibility. Good catch! https://www.nj.com/mercer/2013/04/delaware_officials_look_to_tre.
Chemical abortions not done properly can cause sepsis. I think the change simply reflects that fact.

@Caring1 could you post the list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would appreciate :)

15 Missing Person Exclusions

MP34024
Henrietta
Avila
08/10/1960
Los Angeles
CA

MP20169
Alice
Reeves
05/25/1967
Calcasieu
LA

MP19076
Sandra
Breed
05/22/1964
Madison
NY

MP10759
Patricia
Blough
07/02/1966
Porter
IN

MP9699
Audrey
Backeberg
07/01/1962
Marion
IN

MP10968
Linda
Britton
06/11/1963
Guernsey
OH

MP7036
Mary Ann
Verdecchia
06/07/1962
Allegheny
PA

MP4642
Mary Ann
Switalski
07/15/1963
Cook
IL

MP12580
Johanna
de Haas
02/08/1960
New Castle
DE

MP5669
Lynn
Luray
08/17/1964
Los Angeles
CA

MP4626
Brenda
Howell
08/06/1956
Los Angeles
CA

MP10237
Pamela
Nater
10/02/1966
Lake
FL

MP1475
Donnis
Redman
03/01/1958
Los Angeles
CA

MP2485
Ida
Anderson
09/18/1958
Washtenaw
MI

MP5639
Peggy
Byars-Baisden
04/02/1965
Polk
FL

Diane Webb has a resemblance to "Miss X", I would like to know what you think.

View attachment 354726View attachment 354728

Diane Marie Webb – The Charley Project

Timeline does not fit, there is an 8 year gap and our JD had a reconizeable face and the PMI was very short.

It is likely Diane was killed by her husband fairly shortly after they moved away. Like the Evelyn Colon case. Similar story. Dannys familiar ties to LE prevented pursuing the case but I am certain, he killed Diane and claimed she left him.

Before I go & do something wrong, I'll ask first. Is it OK to post pics from the coroner? It's good to have the likenesses but even better to see true photos for identification. Years ago I found photos online & saved them. I don't think they're available anymore.

Before I go & do something wrong, I'll ask first. Is it OK to post pics from the coroner? It's good to have the likenesses but even better to see true photos for identification. Years ago I found photos online & saved them. I don't think they're available anymore.
From the top of the Unidentified forum:

Does anyone know if this case has had any publicity....example Unsolved Mysteries?
It needs some new media attention, east coast billboards, and especially fresh eyes/cold case detectives.

From the top of the Unidentified forum:
Thx, I understand. I will have to do some digging for a link but honestly think it's no longer available. These pics are not disturbing in any way. As a side note, I personally would welcome any info available if I had a loved one missing. So I'm not a good one to judge that issue.

Does anyone know if this case has had any publicity....example Unsolved Mysteries?
It needs some new media attention, east coast billboards, and especially fresh eyes/cold case detectives.
A good while ago someone posted a possibility of a young woman missing from New Hampshire not previously reported. I have not seen any followup on that.

POSSIBLY SOLVED???? Saw the info about the Boy in the box news and went down the rabbit hole into this unidentified case. Found this on FindAGrave, can't seem to find anything else anywhere else. A Greek half brother believes thru DNA this is his sister?

Identity unknown; found deceased along Porter Road in Bear, DE. Believed to be between the ages of 16 - 25 years.

The Back Story is several Greeks have been assisting a male in Greece in his search for his half sister. While we were searching, the Greek male brother uploaded his DNA to GEDmatch and he has a match to a female who had high cMs indicating it was a sister; her DNA was uploaded by a female from the Channel Islands which completely stunned us. While this was happening, we learned that the female DNA on GEDmatch was a DNA match to a female left on a road in Bear Delaware, possibly due to a "criminal abortion." The brother in Greece does not speak English but a female Greek friend (living in Greece) contacted the Delaware Forensics Division. Many months ago, the Greek Police obtained the brother's DNA and submitted the DNA to the Delaware Forensics Division. We are waiting on the Coroner to submit his report, even though he told the Greek Brother that he, in fact, is a DNA match to Patrona (Patra) Patmios, the deceased female found in Bear, Delaware, on 18 March 1967. 1 December 2022

I live like 2 minutes from Bear, DE and have lived in Delaware for 38 years. I have never seen any billboards or media articles about this case. Found this thread today and it's the first I've heard of the case.

I live like 2 minutes from Bear, DE and have lived in Delaware for 38 years. I have never seen any billboards or media articles about this case. Found this thread today and it's the first I've heard of the case.
I lived in Philadelphia for 40 years and never once saw or heard a thing about this case, I know I read about it years ago and only cause I was reading about other local unidentified persons. Go Phillies!

I too am from Delaware (Wilmington) and hear/see nothing pertaining to this case...sad this poor woman is still unidentified.

I'm born and raised Wilmington but I'm in Newark nowadays. I have read before about a few jane does/unidentified victims from over the decades, but this one I have not read about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine
Back