GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is JMO but I don't know how I feel about Smyrna PD handling this case. Smyrna is not really that big of a town and they don't get very many cases like this. I'd feel a little better if DSP was taking the lead, but I'm glad to see they have already been able to create the reconstruction and produce the information they have.
They have the state police forensic lab involved. I’d say most LE groups know they need to go beyond their own organization to solve crimes such as this. There’s no funding to have every skill set in every small LE Dept.

Smyrna police asking for help after discovery of child's remains

There is also a brother/sister missing from Maryland, taken by their mother. She is mentally incompetent currently locked up. The state wants to charge her with their murder, they have never been found. Sarah and Jacob Hoggle. Their dad has never stopped looking for his babies

They have the state police forensic lab involved. I’d say most LE groups know they need to go beyond their own organization to solve crimes such as this. There’s no funding to have every skill set in every small LE Dept.

Smyrna police asking for help after discovery of child's remains

Thank you for the link.

With the ball fields being across the street from Smyrna High School, I wonder if LE has looked into possibility of a student(s) there having involvement. Just a thought, but, a high school student with a child with a serious illness might have became overwhelming and kids that age don't always think in the most rational ways. I'm probably wrong but it just was something that crossed my mind.

Thank you for the link.

With the ball fields being across the street from Smyrna High School, I wonder if LE has looked into possibility of a student(s) there having involvement. Just a thought, but, a high school student with a child with a serious illness might have became overwhelming and kids that age don't always think in the most rational ways. I'm probably wrong but it just was something that crossed my mind.
Had wondered also if it was someone connected to the school, maybe they were even able to keep an eye on the area from there to see if anyone found the little girl.
imo.

There is also a brother/sister missing from Maryland, taken by their mother. She is mentally incompetent currently locked up. The state wants to charge her with their murder, they have never been found. Sarah and Jacob Hoggle. Their dad has never stopped looking for his babies

Thanks, the Hoggle children were already mentioned earlier in this thread. It is not Sarah IMO. This unknown little girl died weeks before she was found and was only between 2 and 5 years old. Sarah would have been 8 years old, almost 9 in Sept 2019 (she turns 9 tomorrow, Nov 20, if she is still alive :( ): Have you seen this child? SARAH HOGGLE

Here is the Hoggle's missing case thread: Deceased/Not Found - MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Last edited:
I’m from Smyrna and a few things strike me as very odd. This is not a very easy place to come upon for someone out of town. It’s not right off a highway or main road even so it had to be someone at least somewhat familiar with the area. Also it is directly across the street from our middle school. Someone was comfortable enough that there were no cameras in the area that would see their vehicle coming and going. I can’t imagine the body being there very long with fall ball starting and the traffic from the schools I think it would have been seen if it was there long. There was also evidence of a fire someone was comfortable enough to set a fire without fear of it being seen. All very concerning and disturbing and lead me to believe it’s a local.
I wonder if the child was set on fire somewhere else and then disposed of at the ball field. If it is that close to a school I think a fire would be seen.

Investigators found her remains on September 13 in an open area near softball Fields in Smyrna after a dog retrieved a bone. When it was discovered to be human, police came to the scene and found the remains. They were uncovered and unburied.

Investigators believe that the child had been deceased for several weeks or longer by the time she was discovered in September 13th. Forensic investigations also revealed that the child suffered from some type of chronic illness or illnesses.

Police seek to identify remains of young girl found in Smyrna, Delaware

smyrna_little_league_field_human_remains.jpg

Police seek to ID remains of young girl found in Delaware
If forensics can tell she had illnesses, I hope they check with hospitals and child doctors

If forensics can tell she had illnesses, I hope they check with hospitals and child doctors
Maybe that was the problem, the family had a chronically sick child and did not take her to hospitals because they could not afford it.
On the other hand, evidence of a fire suggests something more sinister, imo, speculation.

I'm local - the field has been around a long time and it is well kept. Fall ball is just beginning but the field would have mostly been empty since may/june except to be mowed etc.
Are ball fields used for ball tournaments from outside teams coming in to play? That may be how the person knows the ballpark.

Does LE plan to use genealogy to ID her? Anyone know? I can’t tell you how relieved I’ve been (since the GSK was caught) that this new DNA tech is being used by LE! I so hope they can use this for lil Baby Elle!

More missing girls:

Christabella Schoepfer is 3 and missing from NY since Dec 2018:
USNY41696c1.jpg

Christabella is a missing child and is believed to be with her sibling, Casper Santos. They were last seen in the company of their mother, Jessana Santos. They may attempt to travel to Florida or Maryland.
Have you seen this child? CHRISTABELLA SCHOEPFER
Christabella's thread: NY - NY - Christabella Schoepfer, 2, & Casper Santos, 1, May be w/Jessana Santos, Middletown, 16 Dec'18

Avarie Williams is 3 and missing from NH since Aug 2018:
NCMC1342852bc2.jpg

Lily, Kaylee, and Avarie were last seen August 30, 2018. They may be in the company of their parents, Michael Williams and Kaitlyn Lee. A felony warrant was issued for Michael on October 22, 2018 and a felony warrant was issued for Kaitlyn on November 15, 2018. They may be traveling in a 2011 silver Chevrolet Malibu with New Hampshire license plate 4561204. Images of all of the children can be viewed at missingkids.org. CAUTION: If located do not approach the children or parents, use caution and immediately contact law enforcement.
Have you seen this child? AVARIE WILLIAMS
Avarie's Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/nh-lilly-waniski-10-kaylee-durant-8-avarie-williams-2-madbury-23-oct-2018.396202/#post-14977232

Eternity Quintero is missing from IL with her mother and brother. She just turned 1 in Feb 2019, so she might be too young, but she would be close to 2 years old.
NCMC1364877c2.jpg

Josiah and Eternity were last seen on June 26, 2019. They may be in the company of their mother, Tatyana Quintero.
Have you seen this child? ETERNITY QUINTERO
Eternity's thread: IL - IL - Eternity, 1, & Josiah, 2, May be w/Tatyana Quintero, Berwyn, 26 Jun 2019
I am shocked at the number of parental abductions. Parents are supposed to nurture their children, not kidnapping them and put them in harm's way.

I am shocked at the number of parental abductions. Parents are supposed to nurture their children, not kidnapping them and put them in harm's way.

Yes it is shocking. And if the children are not considered to be "in grave danger" then the cases are not Amber Alerts. They often don't get any attention in the media. The parent who has the child can hide with relatives helping them or live under an assumed name for years. I try to make a thread for these cases when I see them even though the threads usually sit with hardly any posts. :(

Last edited:
People hating their ex more than they love their children. Nothing like putting your immaturity on display for the public to see.

Yep, that is probably the reason in most of the parental abduction cases. I try to keep in mind that in a few cases the parent who disappeared may be a victim themselves. They may be in hiding from an abusive OR they may have actually been murdered and somehow the ex has gotten away with saying they took the child and left. There was a case of an unidentified boy found in 1998 in North Carolina where this happened. His mother's body was also found unidentified in South Carolina. LE did not connect the two bodies as related until they did genealogical DNA to try to ID the boy. His name was Bobby Whitt and his father had told everyone that his mother took him to Korea, when in fact both Bobby and his mother were murdered and dumped in separate states:
After 20 years, police link dead mother and son; boy's remains were found in Mebane in 1998
Bobby's thread: Identified! - NC - Mebane, biracial Male Skeletal 437UMNC, 10-12, off I-40, Sep'98- Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt

So back to this little unknown girl here. She may be listed as a parental abduction or she may not be listed missing at all. In Dulce's thread there seem to be a few people who think she could be a victim of a serial abductor and Dulce was this little girl's "replacement" :eek: . I think that's very unlikely to be the situation here, but we will see. Fortunately they are getting better with DNA and I believe identifications are going to get faster in the future. MOO.

Yes it is shocking. And if the children are not considered to be "in grave danger" then the cases are not Amber Alerts. They often don't get any attention in the media. The parent who has the child can hide with relatives helping them or live under an assumed name for years. I try to make a thread for these cases when I see them even though the threads usually sit with hardly any posts. :(
I am thankful you keep making posts because even if no one else replies, it still puts something online. It is like a breadcrumb and hopefully someone will find it.

Yep, that is probably the reason in most of the parental abduction cases. I try to keep in mind that in a few cases the parent who disappeared may be a victim themselves. They may be in hiding from an abusive OR they may have actually been murdered and somehow the ex has gotten away with saying they took the child and left. There was a case of an unidentified boy found in 1998 in North Carolina where this happened. His mother's body was also found unidentified in South Carolina. LE did not connect the two bodies as related until they did genealogical DNA to try to ID the boy. His name was Bobby Whitt and his father had told everyone that his mother took him to Korea, when in fact both Bobby and his mother were murdered and dumped in separate states:
After 20 years, police link dead mother and son; boy's remains were found in Mebane in 1998
Bobby's thread: Identified! - NC - Mebane, biracial Male Skeletal 437UMNC, 10-12, off I-40, Sep'98- Robert "Bobby" Adam Whitt

So back to this little unknown girl here. She may be listed as a parental abduction or she may not be listed missing at all. In Dulce's thread there seem to be a few people who think she could be a victim of a serial abductor and Dulce was this little girl's "replacement" :eek: . I think that's very unlikely to be the situation here, but we will see. Fortunately they are getting better with DNA and I believe identifications are going to get faster in the future. MOO.
I remember reading about the Whitt case (long before I was on WS) and thinking what good detective work that took.

Someone up-thread mentioned a student from the school and I am leaning toward that too. A young student doesn't have a lot of options in transportation and staying under the radar with an ill child.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redrum8754
Back