DE - Susan Ledyard, 50, found dead in river (suspected homicide), Wilmington, 23 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Report this evening from WHYY and reporting by reporter Cris Barrish who has been covering this case:

Now one hopes that the case of Susan Ledyard might be further investigated and prosecuted as needed.
I hope this man never sees the outside of a prison cell again. From the above article:

Milecki wrote that Ledyard’s attacks, which his wife has alternately confirmed and denied, had left her with bruises all over her body, a missing fingertip, and fractures of her face, nose, wrist, elbow, ribs, and spine.

Stephanie Ledyard went to the hospital numerous times after his attacks, in which she was punched, kicked, pushed to the ground, and even thrown against a wall, according to Milecki’s memo. But she often told doctors and nurses that her injuries were from accidents such as falling off her bike, and, in the case of her missing fingertip, smashing it in a car door, according to Milecki’s memo.

Milecki’s memo said Stephanie indicated that Benjamin began abusing her before their marriage, and that on their wedding night, he “hit her so hard she had a hematoma,’’ a severe bruise.

It was just three months later that she called 911, and police arrested Benjamin Ledyard for assault.

Several other episodes occurred in 2022, including the incident where her fingertip was allegedly bitten off, and another where she needed surgery for a broken wrist and elbow.

Yes I agree that this individual needs to be held to account. For the treatment of his third wife, as well as any other cases in which he may be involved. The reported beating and hostility towards the third wife is deplorable and disgusting IMO.

I am also dismayed that other local news outlets are not reporting on the latest developments and his conduct, in particular towards women. Now that this case has been prosecuted and addressed maybe progress and some other leads in Susan Ledyard’s death can be made. It is time to ramp up investigations, and seek info!

I hope other news outlets will pick this up. And immediately.

Is there any way to contact Susan’s family and get further progress with the authorities and news channels if they would wish so? Local news affiliates in Delaware & Pennsylvania should be all over this - to help solve her murder: NBC 10 Philadelphia; local ABC 6, FOX 9 Philadelphia; The News Journal / Delawareonline, etc. Maybe people will begin to speak now? Does anyone have contacts with either the family or these news affiliates to help carry this forward for her family?
MOO

Last edited:
Yes I agree that this individual needs to be held to account. For the treatment of his third wife, as well as any other cases in which he may be involved. The reported beating and hostility towards the third wife is deplorable and disgusting IMO.

I am also dismayed that other local news outlets are not reporting on the latest developments and his conduct, in particular towards women. Now that this case has been prosecuted and addressed maybe progress and some other leads in Susan Ledyard’s death can be made. It is time to ramp up investigations, and seek info!

Is there any way to contact Susan’s family and get further progress with the authorities and news channels if they would wish so? Local news affiliates in Delaware & Pennsylvania should be all over this - to help solve her murder: NBC 10 Philadelphia; local ABC 6, FOX 9 Philadelphia; The News Journal / Delawareonline, etc. Maybe people will begin to speak now? Does anyone have contacts with either the family or these news affiliates to help carry this forward for her family?
MOO
Susan's family is well aware of the latest charges. Her sister declined comment in this 2023 article: Del. man whose wife’s 2019 murder remains unsolved charged with attacks on new wife

Please don't contact the grieving family of a murder victim because you participate in a true crime message board.

MOO
We websleuthers arent allowed to contact family members of victims which makes sense.

A December 26, 2023 article from Delaware local news WDEL.com by Mike Phillips on a prison term for Mr. Ledyard:

Another one is getting away with it. Bring back the death penalty and these domestic violence incidents, and related "deaths", will cease. (IMO)

Another one is getting away with it. Bring back the death penalty and these domestic violence incidents, and related "deaths", will cease. (IMO)
Hope that #3 is getting:

1) some serious self-protection counseling (like the likelihood that BL will be seeking revenge);
2) one or more firearms and training - being mentally and physically ready to use it/them;
3) a divorce while he's still in prison (and can be watched);
4) arrange to be notified if he is parolled/ probationed before the two years are up, so she is on alert (the victim in these cases is not usually notified).

MOO - IANAE - YMMV - etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches