DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I did some research. Closest racetrack at that time was harrington horseracing track. Approx 15 min away from felton by car. But I assume that this would be seasonal...and Tina disappeared in feb. Stated tina ran away before, but no other info. I wish we knew who with in the past and where to...

I feel that the horsetracks have little to do with Tina's disappearance. Its possible she was heading out to a track, but i find it unlikely. She could have been, imo, been heading to her boyfriend's house, a friend's house, or a local hang out spot. I would like to know if she spoke to anyone in her household before she left. Or if she made made some loose plans with friends to hang out before the snow hit. The fact that she was hanging laundry makes me pretty sure that didn't and wasnt planning on running away. I feel that she may have been "given a ride" by soneone and that that person did her harm.

Why did Tina run away in the past? With who, for how long, and where too? Just brainstorming on her past patterns.
Without more details we really can't know if she really ran away of just snuck out for a day or 2. I feel doubtful that she full on tried to run away. Probably snuck out to stay with friends here and there, imho.

I will be making a FOIA request for info on her case in September of this year. However with this case being an open missing person's case, I am pretty certain I won't get much info if any at all. The most important thing I wanna do by making my FOIA request is to clear up or at least verify that all the information (the little that has been made public) is accurate and up to date. There have been some questions as to the big snow storm the day after she reportedly disappeared. According to research I and a few others did on weather.com, it shows that there was no snowstorm in the area on February 4th, 1979. I lived a few miles down the road from Tina in February 1979, but I was only 4 and I do remember a huge snowstorm that year in February, but my research has led me to believe it was a storm around President's Day in Feb 1979 which would have been near the end of February. So is it possible that her listed missing date is inaccurate or is it inaccurate that there was a big snowstorm on February 4th 1979. Some other research I did into a murder committed on February 6th, 1979 just a few miles from Tina's house showed that there was a pretty big snowstorm in the area on February 7th, 1979 according to court documents in that murder case because that was when the suspects were initially arrested and the police departments closed down early on February 7th, 1979 because of snow. All that info combined makes me think that maybe her missing date or the info about the snowstorm is inaccurate. I am going to try and clear that up. Just an fyi...I could be completely wrong and the current missing info on Tina may be accurate, but I have enough evidence and suspicion to question it and at least make sure that someone on her case can verify it.

I will be making a FOIA request for info on her case in September of this year. However with this case being an open missing person's case, I am pretty certain I won't get much info if any at all. The most important thing I wanna do by making my FOIA request is to clear up or at least verify that all the information (the little that has been made public) is accurate and up to date. There have been some questions as to the big snow storm the day after she reportedly disappeared. According to research I and a few others did on weather.com, it shows that there was no snowstorm in the area on February 4th, 1979. I lived a few miles down the road from Tina in February 1979, but I was only 4 and I do remember a huge snowstorm that year in February, but my research has led me to believe it was a storm around President's Day in Feb 1979 which would have been near the end of February. So is it possible that her listed missing date is inaccurate or is it inaccurate that there was a big snowstorm on February 4th 1979. Some other research I did into a murder committed on February 6th, 1979 just a few miles from Tina's house showed that there was a pretty big snowstorm in the area on February 7th, 1979 according to court documents in that murder case because that was when the suspects were initially arrested and the police departments closed down early on February 7th, 1979 because of snow. All that info combined makes me think that maybe her missing date or the info about the snowstorm is inaccurate. I am going to try and clear that up. Just an fyi...I could be completely wrong and the current missing info on Tina may be accurate, but I have enough evidence and suspicion to question it and at least make sure that someone on her case can verify it.

Thanks a lot upfront @Thewop356 !

I track Tina's case in NamUs, it was modified yesterday, I don't see any more UID's added to her rule out list. I hope they are still looking into her disapperance.

I don't see any change in particular. Maybe they added identifiers (not sure at this moment there was mentioning of it in the thread) or just changed the contact information.

Tina Faye Kemp

Missing since February 3, 1979 from Felton, Kent County, Delaware
Classification
: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • ate Of Birth: October 20, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'0-5'1"; 95-100 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Collar length dark brown hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion with some freckles. Medium build.
    • Marks, Scars: 1/2" mole on right triceps.
    • Clothing: White sweater, red and white flannel shirt, new blue jeans and boys Red and white sneakers.
    • Jewelry: Gold band with white rhinestones. Leather strap with "ERIC" on left arm.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance

Tina Kemp lived with her family 1/2 mile south of Felton, DE, a rural, agricultural area of Delaware.

On Saturday February 3, 1979, Tina reportedly walked away from her residence after helping her family hang laundry outside. She has never been seen since.

Tina had run away on two previous occasions. Tina had a local boyfriend who she was close to; no one in the family or the boyfriend ever heard from, had any communication or ever seen Tina again. Foul play is strongly suspected.

Tina’s disappearance was the day before a heavy snowstorm.
She was known to frequent horse-racing tracks in Delaware and surrounding states.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Delaware State Police
302-739-2600

Agency Case Number: 05-512-79/NamUs MP# 6937
NCMEC Number: NCMC1157126

Source Information:
Namus
NCMEC
The Doe Network: Case File 2966DFDE

@AncientHysteria, No unfortunately I have heard nothing back as of yet. They have until November 14, 2020 to reply to my FOIA request. I used to be in contact with the person in charge of Tina's case (Hal Brown) up until late 2014/early 2015, but he has since retired. I am going to see about contacting the new person this coming week. I was trying to wait to contact her until I heard back about my FOIA request, but I do wanna get some clear answers about the snowstorm and the accuracy of her missing date. I will post any facts that I find out.

@Sweetluv ...sorry for the late reply, but no I do not have any updates yet. I did submit my FOIA request and am currently waiting to hear back. It is interesting in Delaware. As the Delaware State Police are listed as the contact for any info regarding Tina's case, but when contacted the state police will refer you to the assistant state medical examiner if you have any info regarding Tina or have any questions regarding her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf
Back