DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks a lot, where do you find isotope info and more info in general (dna, etc) to work further on searches? For old cases informarion is very limited and from Europe I cannot access most newspapers due to new data protection issues. A pity...

Hello!

I pulled up the thread here for the unidentified girl you referenced, and the isotopes were mentioned. Here is the link if you would like to follow:

TN - TN - Campbell Co., WhtFem 482UFTN, age 10-14, near Big Wheel Gap, Apr'85

I scanned the thread, and did not see Tina mentioned by anyone there.

I'm not sure if there is more detailed info on the unidentified girl for those logged into a database called NAMUS. I created an account several months ago, but seem to have made a mistake as I cannot log in.

Hmmmm....

Potentially of interest:

Tina was last seen wearing boys red and white sneakers. (I wonder if hightops??)

Found near the unidentified girl suggested above by @truthfinder2019 :
Clothing: 2 high-top shoes (outdoor or hiking type-size 5 or 6) with 2 pairs of holes, 2 pairs of metal hasps and red-cloth lining inside shoes

Size 5 or 6 seems *possible* for a young woman of Tina's stature. If course, some petite people have larger feet, and vice versa, but in general, sounds about right.

Police Looking for Sex Offender Featured on America's Most Wanted

This one is from Felton. As I am new to this WS site, I hope,it is ok to post this, if not apologies.

However experience tells me that in small cities and villages there is higher probability of more local crime rather than a stranger taking advantage of an unplanned situation findimg a little girl hitchhiking or walking in a road.

Other possibilities (by looking only at those for which birth date fits teen to adult age in 1979) are offenders which have been caught in more recent times. Which may not have been previously suspected as young and part of the small community.
Registered sex offenders in Felton, Delaware - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

I do not believe she would have run away as was reported very atteched to her boyfriend. So either she took a ride with someone who looked genuine (eg a fake police officer, see previous posts on serial raper investigated by secret services, who was arrested in Tennesee, however he usually released his victims) or someone she knew (local community or horse riding), or she was forced in a car and abducted by a stranger and then it is highly probable that she was brought far away.

I wonder if anyone from her family could still remember with which friends she was hanging out with and when she has supposedly run away previously, where did she stay?

I have the feeling that there are essential bits of information missing from the picture, anybody having access to local press before (very important) and after her disappearance, can you please share?

You are most certainly correct...there are certainly essential bits of info missing from this case. LE is in a recovery mode only when it comes to her case.

To reply to some of your statements...the gentlemen who you are referring to that was arrested in TN was Mike Debardeleben and he was a serial killer for sure. He did release some of his victims, but other were not so lucky. He was very smart and is certainly one of my top suspects. The only thing the deters me from him is one little fact. He was definitely seen in North Carolina the day after Tina disappeared, as he tried to abduct a real estate agent who managed to escape. That doesnt rule him out, but it gives me the slightest doubt because he definitely used that part of Delaware as his "hunting grounds" as his convictions of the rape of a Delaware girl 6 months before Tina went missing and another girl from Ocean City, MD who was released into Georgetown, DE a few months after Tina disappeared.

I would love for some of her family to come on here and give us their thoughts, but they may have the same info we have as just about anything could of happen.

In response to the convicted child molester wanted by AMW, he does appear to have ties to the Kemp family, but he lived in Felton for years and back then everyone knew each other in Felton. He has been discussed in length by me and a person with close ties to her family. We are currently trying to find out what his brother date of death was to see if it matched closely to Tina's disappearance, but the person with that crucial info has not gotten back to is yet.

Police Looking for Sex Offender Featured on America's Most Wanted

This one is from Felton. As I am new to this WS site, I hope,it is ok to post this, if not apologies.

However experience tells me that in small cities and villages there is higher probability of more local crime rather than a stranger taking advantage of an unplanned situation findimg a little girl hitchhiking or walking in a road.

Other possibilities (by looking only at those for which birth date fits teen to adult age in 1979) are offenders which have been caught in more recent times. Which may not have been previously suspected as young and part of the small community.
Registered sex offenders in Felton, Delaware - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

I do not believe she would have run away as was reported very atteched to her boyfriend. So either she took a ride with someone who looked genuine (eg a fake police officer, see previous posts on serial raper investigated by secret services, who was arrested in Tennesee, however he usually released his victims) or someone she knew (local community or horse riding), or she was forced in a car and abducted by a stranger and then it is highly probable that she was brought far away.

I wonder if anyone from her family could still remember with which friends she was hanging out with and when she has supposedly run away previously, where did she stay?

I have the feeling that there are essential bits of information missing from the picture, anybody having access to local press before (very important) and after her disappearance, can you please share?

You are most certainly correct...there are certainly essential bits of info missing from this case. LE is in a recovery mode only when it comes to her case.

To reply to some of your statements...the gentlemen who you are referring to that was arrested in TN was Mike Debardeleben and he was a serial killer for sure. He did release some of his victims, but other were not so lucky. He was very smart and is certainly one of my top suspects. The only thing the deters me from him is one little fact. He was definitely seen in North Carolina the day after Tina disappeared, as he tried to abduct a real estate agent who managed to escape. That doesnt rule him out, but it gives me the slightest doubt because he definitely used that part of Delaware as his "hunting grounds" as his convictions of the rape of a Delaware girl 6 months before Tina went missing and another girl from Ocean City, MD who was released into Georgetown, DE a few months after Tina disappeared.

I would love for some of her family to come on here and give us their thoughts, but they may have the same info we have as just about anything could of happen.

In response to the convicted child molester wanted by AMW, he does appear to have ties to the Kemp family, but he lived in Felton for years and back then everyone knew each other in Felton. He has been discussed in length by me and a person with close ties to her family. We are currently trying to find out what his brother date of death was to see if it matched closely to Tina's disappearance, but the person with that crucial info has not gotten back to is yet.

The hightop sneakers are interesting....plus the unidentified female had on a bracelet, which Tina was known to wear as well. I think you should submit this.[/QUOTE

wow...bracelet, I thought there was just a necklace found and it didnt match any known jewelry that Tina ever was known to have. Was there a description of the bracelet? Because Tina's was very specific.

However on some other sites this photo is referred to as the necklace, so I am not sure. But all sites clearly state there was a bracelet.

Moreover isotope information casts a doubt, was Tina born in Felton or the family came from somewhere else?

I think they are not sure if it was a necklace or a bracelet. Some sources say it was near the body (not on the body, like Namus says), and they weren't even sure it belonged to the victim. The picture of it suggests that it was near the body. That would explain the discrepanties.

However on some other sites this photo is referred to as the necklace, so I am not sure. But all sites clearly state there was a bracelet.

Moreover isotope information casts a doubt, was Tina born in Felton or the family came from somewhere else?

Yes...Tina was born in Delaware. I have seen that bracelet/necklace before and it never registered to me as something Tina was known to have owned. As most of you know, she had a distinct ring and a bracelet that was made of leather I think and had the word Eric on it.

Tina Faye Kemp
  • tina_faye_kemp_1.jpg
  • tina_faye_kemp_2.jpg
  • kemp_tina_ap.jpg
Tina, circa 1979; Age-progression to age 54 (circa 2018)

• Missing Since 02/03/1979
  • Missing From Felton, Delaware
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/20/1964 (55)
  • Age 14 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0 - 5'1, 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A white sweater, a red and white flannel shirt, new blue jeans, boys' red and white sneakers, a leather strap on her left arm with the name "ERIC" on it, and a gold band-type ring with white rhinestones.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Tina has some freckles. She has a half-inch mole on her right triceps.

• Details of Disappearance
    Tina was last seen at her home on Main Street in Felton, Delaware at 9:00 a.m. on February 3, 1979. She walked away from her home after helping to hang the laundry outside, and has never been heard from again. She disappeared the day before a severe snowstorm hit the area.

Tina had run away on two previous occasions, and was known to frequent horse-racing tracks in the Delaware and the surrounding states. Neither her family nor her local boyfriend, whom she was close to, have heard from her since her February 1979 disappearance, and foul play is suspected in her case. It remains unsolved.
    Investigating Agency

How did Tina run away to outlying states? Hitchhike? She was only 14. Frequenting horse racing tracks? Did she do this alone or did her bf accompany her? She walked away on Saturday. What was her mood that morning? Had she seen her bf that day? Talk to him? MOO

Don't want to be a ***** and I do respect family/friends if they want to go on with their lives....but there must be more to this story....
I agree. I know times were different then but sure seems Tina had a lot of freedom for 14. And she ran away a few times. Screams problems at home IMO. But I’m in no way saying the family had anything to do with her disappearance. I believe she ran into foul play. MOO

I'm not sure about the info we have at all....I have the feeling nothing was updated....providing more detailed information....or saying this wasn't such and such.....have to check the last time files were updated. There are to many missing persons cases with inaccurate information, especially from those days.....memory is beautiful but not flawless....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back