DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He had an apartment in NYC though, and was known to travel.

I realize it is a tight timeline, but I'm concerned about the similarities. I cropped a screenshot to share the photo as the only image currently available had an overlay of Alcala's former girlfriend, but if you go to the Alcala thread and view it there, (page #2) the young woman is also extremely petite, like Tina.

edited to add link to thread: Short haired brunette against a blue background

He had an apartment in NYC though, and was known to travel.

I realize it is a tight timeline, but I'm concerned about the similarities. I cropped a screenshot to share the photo as the only image currently available had an overlay of Alcala's former girlfriend, but if you go to the Alcala thread and view it there, (page #2) the young woman is also extremely petite, like Tina.

edited to add link to thread: Short haired brunette against a blue background

Maybe Kemp's family should be contacted for their opinion since they would have the best opinion on the comparison.

No one is saying it certainly isn't her, but looking at Alcala's timeline and form, Tina is a far outlier on location of victims.

Maybe Kemp's family should be contacted for their opinion since they would have the best opinion on the comparison.

No one is saying it certainly isn't her, but looking at Alcala's timeline and form, Tina is a far outlier on location of victims.

Anyone have contacts? It's such an old, cold case....And sad. She was so young.

He did travel, Had a known victim in Montana, so I'm personally open to considering anyone with a strong enough resemblance to those still unidentified among the released photos, who disappeared when he was not in jail.

Edit to above: Wyoming, not Montana. My apologies! It has been a crazy day.

Anyone have contacts? It's such an old, cold case....And sad. She was so young.

He did travel, Had a known victim in Montana, so I'm personally open to considering anyone with a strong enough resemblance to those still unidentified among the released photos, who disappeared when he was not in jail.

According to LE who wrote a " as accurate as they could find" timeline on Alcala's suspected travels. He last traveled to the east coast in 1977. Nothing I could find says he was suspected of any other murders on the east coast or that he had traveled anywhere towards or on the east coast in 1979. They have traced his whereabouts from late 1978 until his arrest in the summer of 1979. In my opinion he was always a long shot to have been involved in Tina's disappearance, but after looking into it a little more, it has (IMO) become almost a certainty that he could have been on the east coast in February of 1979. Of course that is just my opinion, but I did a lot of research to back my opinion up and although I can't say with a degree of certainty, there just is no evidence he had traveled to the east coast what so ever in late 1978 or esrly 1979. That doesn't mean he is absolutely ruled out as anything could have happened, like Tina bring kidnapped or maybe even running away to the west coast and meeting foul play at his hands. But the odds are very large indeed that he was not involved in this particular case. I am gonna see if LE ever suspected him or looked at him for any cases on the east coast or close by in late 78 or early 79 and I will let you guys know my findings...especially if I can definitively rule him out.

According to LE who wrote a " as accurate as they could find" timeline on Alcala's suspected travels. He last traveled to the east coast in 1977. Nothing I could find says he was suspected of any other murders on the east coast or that he had traveled anywhere towards or on the east coast in 1979. They have traced his whereabouts from late 1978 until his arrest in the summer of 1979. In my opinion he was always a long shot to have been involved in Tina's disappearance, but after looking into it a little more, it has (IMO) become almost a certainty that he could have been on the east coast in February of 1979. Of course that is just my opinion, but I did a lot of research to back my opinion up and although I can't say with a degree of certainty, there just is no evidence he had traveled to the east coast what so ever in late 1978 or esrly 1979. That doesn't mean he is absolutely ruled out as anything could have happened, like Tina bring kidnapped or maybe even running away to the west coast and meeting foul play at his hands. But the odds are very large indeed that he was not involved in this particular case. I am gonna see if LE ever suspected him or looked at him for any cases on the east coast or close by in late 78 or early 79 and I will let you guys know my findings...especially if I can definitively rule him out.

My apologies...but it appears my typing mistakes may mislead some to what my opinion is. In the above post (along with some simple spelling mistakes) it appears I made a mistake when typing. I typed that IMO it has become almost a certainty that he could have been on the east coast in February of 1979, but I actually left out the important "not" after the word "could". I meant that in my opinion it has become almost a certainty that he COULD NOT have been on the east coast in February of 1979. I have spent a tremendous amount of time in the last several days trying to find some type of evidence to prove my theory, but I cannot find anything definitive. I have however solidified my opinion that he was not on the east coast at anytime from late 1978 until his arrest in July 1979 though by the reported timelines available to the public that LE produced about his suspected whereabouts during that time frame. Of course that doesn't mean he didn't slip past their notice with a short trip to the east coast, but it is very unlikely as LE had almost always found some evidence of his time spent on the east coast because of their extensive investigation of his alleged whereabouts during the times he was known to have committed attacks. I wish I found something more solid, but I don't think he was involved with Tina or that the picture in question is of her and that of course is just my opinion.

My apologies...but it appears my typing mistakes may mislead some to what my opinion is. In the above post (along with some simple spelling mistakes) it appears I made a mistake when typing. I typed that IMO it has become almost a certainty that he could have been on the east coast in February of 1979, but I actually left out the important "not" after the word "could". I meant that in my opinion it has become almost a certainty that he COULD NOT have been on the east coast in February of 1979. I have spent a tremendous amount of time in the last several days trying to find some type of evidence to prove my theory, but I cannot find anything definitive. I have however solidified my opinion that he was not on the east coast at anytime from late 1978 until his arrest in July 1979 though by the reported timelines available to the public that LE produced about his suspected whereabouts during that time frame. Of course that doesn't mean he didn't slip past their notice with a short trip to the east coast, but it is very unlikely as LE had almost always found some evidence of his time spent on the east coast because of their extensive investigation of his alleged whereabouts during the times he was known to have committed attacks. I wish I found something more solid, but I don't think he was involved with Tina or that the picture in question is of her and that of course is just my opinion.

Thank you for clarification, actually I totally got from your earlier post that you thought that he couldn't have been involved in the Tina Kemp case and that the Alcala picture mentioned is not Tina. I agree with you.

I live in Delaware and am interested to know if her relatives are still alive and what they think happened to Tina. ANY clues ever surface ....possible sightings or abductions in that general area occur right before or after she went missing?

Hello everyone. Tina Faye Kemp is my Aunt on my mothers side, Tina was one of six sisters. I'd like to find out what happened to her. Detectives have contacted my family throughout the years to help solve the now cold case but nothing has ever come about. I currently reside in the same town Tina went missing many years ago. I'd like to help in any way I can, I just don't know where to start, I've even thought about contacting dateline. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Thank for your time!

There was a lot said about her family. I guess there are still living family members. IIRR none of her sisters ever came to this thread.

#66, #67 and #86 posts posted by acquaintances or related to the family somehow.

Last edited:
@Thewop356 I understood too. I just thought the photos Richard shared as a group when compared shared strong enough similarities that I was troubled, and wanted those of you who have been advocating for Tina to consider.

I wish more family members and friends would find these threads for the long missing.

Tina has been missing for over 40 years now. When her case first appeared here on Websleuths there was no way to post photos, except to post a link to other websites or on-line images. In fact, there weren't any photos available of her for several years. With her case appearing on a lot of other sites, more photos have become available.

When I find photos of these missing persons, I post them so that readers and interested persons can see their faces. It is an added plus when potential matches can be made.

From time to time, I look up older threads that have not been posted to in a while and see if I can find more information or a photo to add. I urge others to do the same.

Thanks for all the interest in Tina's case.

States Tina ran away before...wonder for how long, how far, and with anyone or by herself? Could she have started a new life? I live in DE, and it's cold in Feb. No jacket was in description. So she was just hanging laundry in the cold and disappeared and how rural was her home...surrounding neighbors? I know Felton at that time was not (built up)

Hello, has anybody linked yet Tina Kemp to Jane Doe 482UFTN ?

Date of Discovery: April 3, 1985
Location of Discovery: Jellico, Campbell County, Tennessee
Estimated Date of Death: 1-4 years prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 9-15 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Several silver dental fillings.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: 2 high-top shoes (outdoor or hiking type-size 5 or 6) with 2 pais of holes, 2 pairs of metal hasps and red-cloth lining inside shoes. Left shoe has shoe string, Right shoe does not.
Jewelry: Necklace, bracelet made of plastic buttons.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The female was located by a passerby about 200 yards off Big Wheel Gap Road, four miles southwest of Jellico in Campbell County, Tennessee on April 3, 1985.

Only 32 bones were recovered, but her skull was intact enough for a head and face reconstruction.

Investigators suspect a link between this girl and the "Redhead murders" which are believed to have occurred primarily in the Southern United States between the late 1970s and early 1990s. Her death remains undetermined, however.

It is unknown if the boots or jewelry found near the remains belonged to the girl.

Hello, has anybody linked yet Tina Kemp to Jane Doe 482UFTN ?

Date of Discovery: April 3, 1985
Location of Discovery: Jellico, Campbell County, Tennessee
Estimated Date of Death: 1-4 years prior
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 9-15 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Several silver dental fillings.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: 2 high-top shoes (outdoor or hiking type-size 5 or 6) with 2 pais of holes, 2 pairs of metal hasps and red-cloth lining inside shoes. Left shoe has shoe string, Right shoe does not.
Jewelry: Necklace, bracelet made of plastic buttons.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The female was located by a passerby about 200 yards off Big Wheel Gap Road, four miles southwest of Jellico in Campbell County, Tennessee on April 3, 1985.

Only 32 bones were recovered, but her skull was intact enough for a head and face reconstruction.

Investigators suspect a link between this girl and the "Redhead murders" which are believed to have occurred primarily in the Southern United States between the late 1970s and early 1990s. Her death remains undetermined, however.

It is unknown if the boots or jewelry found near the remains belonged to the girl.
Hmmm.....

Tina compared to the reconstruction: Screenshot_20191214-134806_kindlephoto-97566974.pngScreenshot_20191214-134709_kindlephoto-97662413.pngView attachment 220287

I can see some similarities. The isotope info is off, and timeframes are off a bit, but those have been off before. They're not wildly off.....

Last edited:

Hmmm.....

Tina compared to the reconstruction: View attachment 220281View attachment 220284View attachment 220287

I can see some similarities. The isotope info is off, and timeframes are off a bit, but those have been off before. They're not wildly off.....
Thanks a lot, where do you find isotope info and more info in general (dna, etc) to work further on searches? For old cases informarion is very limited and from Europe I cannot access most newspapers due to new data protection issues. A pity...

Police Looking for Sex Offender Featured on America's Most Wanted

This one is from Felton. As I am new to this WS site, I hope,it is ok to post this, if not apologies.

However experience tells me that in small cities and villages there is higher probability of more local crime rather than a stranger taking advantage of an unplanned situation findimg a little girl hitchhiking or walking in a road.

Other possibilities (by looking only at those for which birth date fits teen to adult age in 1979) are offenders which have been caught in more recent times. Which may not have been previously suspected as young and part of the small community.
Registered sex offenders in Felton, Delaware - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

I do not believe she would have run away as was reported very atteched to her boyfriend. So either she took a ride with someone who looked genuine (eg a fake police officer, see previous posts on serial raper investigated by secret services, who was arrested in Tennesee, however he usually released his victims) or someone she knew (local community or horse riding), or she was forced in a car and abducted by a stranger and then it is highly probable that she was brought far away.

I wonder if anyone from her family could still remember with which friends she was hanging out with and when she has supposedly run away previously, where did she stay?

I have the feeling that there are essential bits of information missing from the picture, anybody having access to local press before (very important) and after her disappearance, can you please share?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back