DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We live in Texas in a small town. I had her for three years of Spanish and she told us we better not ask to take another year because she wasn't going to teach us again (we had begged to get a third year and she was having to teach the small group of us while also teaching first year Spainsh). She was still there until a few years ago and I am pretty sure she still lives here because her sons and grandkids are here. Her story is that she came from Panama when she was 13 or 14 but she doesn't look Hispanic at all. Her father was supposed to be from Germany or something. She looks so much like the main picture of Tina but nothing like the other picture I have seen of her that looks younger.

Tina would be 53-54 years old now...does that age match up with your Spanish teacher?

Hello everyone, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I am Tina’s niece. My aunt Tina has 5 other sisters each of them have different perspectives of what happened the day Tina disappeared. If anyone wants to email me any information they have you can contact me at anbarnes2.ab@gmail.com
I’d like to get to the bottom of this and any information will be helpful. I just find the way my aunt disappeared so strange especially growing up around my other aunts and my grandmother.... no one ever talked about aunt Tina and I’d really like to figure out what happened. Thank you all very much

Hello everyone, sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I am Tina’s niece. My aunt Tina has 5 other sisters each of them have different perspectives of what happened the day Tina disappeared. If anyone wants to email me any information they have you can contact me at anbarnes2.ab@gmail.com
I’d like to get to the bottom of this and any information will be helpful. I just find the way my aunt disappeared so strange especially growing up around my other aunts and my grandmother.... no one ever talked about aunt Tina and I’d really like to figure out what happened. Thank you all very much

Welcome back. If you have a moment, will you please share what Tina's sisters theories might be? Thank you.

Welcome back. If you have a moment, will you please share what Tina's sisters theories might be? Thank you.
I think they all have different perceptions on the day Tina went missing. Tina was one of six sisters and some were at work and some remember being home that day which was a school day. Tina had ran away previously one 2 or 3 separate occasions. I am in the process of getting a copy of the police report and any prior reports on Tina.

Just bumping...Tina we haven't forgotten about you. I hope this story will at least come to and end and you can be returned to your family. I will be using my Christmas wish this year that there will be justice for you and more importantly that you are found.

I think they all have different perceptions on the day Tina went missing. Tina was one of six sisters and some were at work and some remember being home that day which was a school day. Tina had ran away previously one 2 or 3 separate occasions. I am in the process of getting a copy of the police report and any prior reports on Tina.

You mention in your post that some of her sisters remember being home because it was a school day. The info I have is that she went missing on February 3, 1979 and that was a Saturday. Maybe they remember being home because it was a Saturday, but if not then please let us know because that means the date of her disappearance is listed incorrectly. Thanks for posting again.

Living in DE myself, i wonder if tina ran away? Any new leads or rule outs?

Living in DE myself, i wonder if tina ran away? Any new leads or rule outs?

Hi...I live in DE also. It is very unlikely that Tina ran away. She had a boyfriend that she was apparently close with and a bunch of sisters who lived with her. She has not made any contact with anyone who knew her since February 3, 1979 and that is just too long for a 14 year old girl to not contact any of her family and friends. Unfortunately in my opinion she ran into foul play, but anything is possible. There havent been any new leads in a very long time (at least not that I know of). She has been ruled out in dozens of UIBs of the last few years since her family submitted DNA. Tina's disappearance is a mystery for sure. There are rumors and some suspects, but nothing solid or released by LE.

It's good to see family members and locals are still advocating for Tina's case. Thanks to them and all the other's caring. Tina crossed my mind many times in the last couple of years. Her face immediately pops up in my mind, when I hear the name.

Some questions/observations: Don't want to hurt anybody. Forgive me if I'm to bold.
- What was the actual missing date? In the beginning there was some confusion about the year. Now (for me) there is confusion about the missing day. Family members tell some of Tina's sisters were at home when she went missing. Was it a Saturday (the 3th of Feb. was a Saturday) or a school day? Maybe some sisters already finished their education?
- Who was with Tina when the laundry was done? Tina was helping. Who was she helping? What kind of exchange was there. I'm just curious what happened at that the exact moment Tina went off.
- Tried to find some historical weather information. Some severe snowstorms are mentioned. I couldn't find the one that hit Delaware in February 1979. There is no reason for disbelieve, but what are the facts? Maybe I didn't search good enough.
- She ran away a couple of times, before she went missing. Case files say everything was ok, she was attached to her boyfriend (Eric, according to the leather strap on her wrist?) What was the reason? Was she a rebellious child, wanting to explore the world? Was there some kind of abuse, she kept for herself. Children don't tend to run away from home without a reason. Just wondering, what made her leave that day. Did somebody actually see her leaving? Or was there a situation, blocked from view that she could have been abducted?
- Was this wanted sex offender in the neighborhood when she went missing? Before that?
- Just trying to get a picture of the actual surroundings, back then in the 70's. Main Street doesn't sound rural agricultural to me. Some files refer to that. Can family/locals explain this please to me?

I was always curious over hanging laundry outside in feb....freezing cold in DE and right before a snow storm.

I was always curious over hanging laundry outside in feb....freezing cold in DE and right before a snow storm.

I don't know about that. Sometimes in the Netherlands we have very clear blue sky but cold day's (high pressure weather circumstances in wintertime) and a perfect day with wind (if not deep freezing during the day) to hang laundry outside. I totally can see that. And I don't know how the weather forecasts where as accurate as nowadays (and it never is..not even today lol)

Last edited:
Agree. I grew up in rural New,England, and we hung laundry year round. There may have been a 3 season porch, or other area to hang laundry as well. Some people have indoor set ups in basements, for example.

Agree. I grew up in rural New,England, and we hung laundry year round. There may have been a 3 season porch, or other area to hang laundry as well. Some people have indoor set ups in basements, for example.

Not want to focus on the laundry thing logic (besides my questions) but yes most of the time clothes are hanging inside during winter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back