DE DE - Tina Kemp, 14, Felton, 3 Feb 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello everyone. Tina Faye Kemp is my Aunt on my mothers side, Tina was one of six sisters. I'd like to find out what happened to her. Detectives have contacted my family throughout the years to help solve the now cold case but nothing has ever come about. I currently reside in the same town Tina went missing many years ago. I'd like to help in any way I can, I just don't know where to start, I've even thought about contacting dateline. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Thank for your time!

Welcome to WS...so glad to finally see someone from Tina's family make their way to this site. I grew up in Felton and lived there during the time Tina disappeared however she was much older than me as I was only 4 in 1979. It was weird how we did hear much about her disappearance back then especially how small a community we were. I have always wondered about her and about 5 years ago I ran into this site and have been researching as much as I could about her disappearance . I contacted the State Police Detective in charge of her case Lt Hudson and he referred me to the ME Mike Brown who just recently retired. Mike Brown knew a lot about your Aunt's case and was always on the look out for any UIBs found that could be Tina. Him and I had some great discussions, but unfortunately there was so little info known about her disappearance that I could only speculate as to what I think may of happened. I am not sure who is in charge of her case as of now, but contacting Lt Hudson of the DSP whose contact info is on Tina's Charlie Page. I am not sure who took over for Mike Brown. Please keep us informed as to anything new you might find out. If you read some of the previous posts I have posted you can see some of my personal theories which I have found through thorough research. So glad you are on this site...Good Luck!!!

About five years ago, I suggested that Tina's 1979 disappearance might be related to the 1975 disappearance of Katherine and Sheila Lyon of Wheaton, Maryland. I also listed a number of potential suspects from around that time frame.

In 2014, Montgomery County (Maryland) Police named a Person of Interest in the Lyon Case: one Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. who was then incarcerated in a Delaware prison on child molestation convictions. He would have been 22 at the time of Tina Faye Kemp's disappearance, and was in that era working as a carnival employee, traveling around the country. Police believe now that he abducted an murdered the Lyon sisters and he is awaiting trial.

Could he have been involved in Tina's disappearance?

About five years ago, I suggested that Tina's 1979 disappearance might be related to the 1975 disappearance of Katherine and Sheila Lyon of Wheaton, Maryland. I also listed a number of potential suspects from around that time frame.

In 2014, Montgomery County (Maryland) Police named a Person of Interest in the Lyon Case: one Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. who was then incarcerated in a Delaware prison on child molestation convictions. He would have been 22 at the time of Tina Faye Kemp's disappearance, and was in that era working as a carnival employee, traveling around the country. Police believe now that he abducted an murdered the Lyon sisters and he is awaiting trial.

Could he have been involved in Tina's disappearance?

It is certainly possible...however there wouldn't be any carnivals in DE in February and I don't recall there ever being one there when I was growing up except for the State Fair which was very close to Felton but was in July. However he most certainly has connections to that area and is currently incarcerated in Delaware for a child molestation conviction in the 90s. I will see what I can find about his travel movements during February of 79 and let you know what I find out.

It is certainly possible...however there wouldn't be any carnivals in DE in February and I don't recall there ever being one there when I was growing up except for the State Fair which was very close to Felton but was in July. However he most certainly has connections to that area and is currently incarcerated in Delaware for a child molestation conviction in the 90s. I will see what I can find about his travel movements during February of 79 and let you know what I find out.

No problem!! ive been searching years for missing people. Also im from Delaware and have a person that could POSSIBLY be her thats been missing since 1979. Tina Kemp!!!! she was best friends with my cousins aunt! and went missing from home and nobody has been able to find her remains. Now my cousins aunt told me she thinks it was Delbert Sampson, he is my cousins Aunt ( Donna Sampson) Uncle and did very horrible things to Donna and them when they were young and she said when Delbert Sampson came to visit when her dad died, thats when Tina came up missing. Delbert is on AMERICAS MOST WANTED and we have not been able to find him at all! he was apparently spotted in Colorado but the cops and detectives that my brother knows found out that the sighting was not him because the fingerprints didnt match, but they said it was crazy because it looked exactly like him!!! what im trying to say is what if, Tina Kemp is EDJD???!!!! i know it sounds crazy but its a very big possibility!. i can talk to Donna and see what she thinks but it doesnt hurt to find out. Tina was 14 when she went missing. Delaware is small i have Family that lives by where she used to live and im gonna ask for more details about it. but what do you guys think? do you think it could be her? because shes not on the rule out list

i posted this in another chat. But i have some Details on Tina Kemp!!! if you can email me at jessicacapel22@gmail.com or message me on Jessica Capel Grubb on Facebook. i live in delaware also and i know your aunts best friend

No problem!! ive been searching years for missing people. Also im from Delaware and have a person that could POSSIBLY be her thats been missing since 1979. Tina Kemp!!!! she was best friends with my cousins aunt! and went missing from home and nobody has been able to find her remains. Now my cousins aunt told me she thinks it was Delbert Sampson, he is my cousins Aunt ( Donna Sampson) Uncle and did very horrible things to Donna and them when they were young and she said when Delbert Sampson came to visit when her dad died, thats when Tina came up missing. Delbert is on AMERICAS MOST WANTED and we have not been able to find him at all! he was apparently spotted in Colorado but the cops and detectives that my brother knows found out that the sighting was not him because the fingerprints didnt match, but they said it was crazy because it looked exactly like him!!! what im trying to say is what if, Tina Kemp is EDJD???!!!! i know it sounds crazy but its a very big possibility!. i can talk to Donna and see what she thinks but it doesnt hurt to find out. Tina was 14 when she went missing. Delaware is small i have Family that lives by where she used to live and im gonna ask for more details about it. but what do you guys think? do you think it could be her? because shes not on the rule out list

Interesting comments on Tina's case and I personal would like to know any info you have that you would like to share. I have had multiple discussions with the person in charge of her case and would be happy to share what I know, most of which I have posted in this thread. As far as EDJD...if you are referring to El Dorado Jane Doe, that is interesting. Her story about being on the east coast and being a part of a bank robbery here and her past of which no one has really been able to document is intriguing at best because her age could fit. However there are documented pictures of EDJD when she was alive and they look nothing like Tina, but that is just my opinion and I would like to know why you think EDJD could be Tina.

Did Tina live in a secluded area or neighborhood like area??

Did Tina live in a secluded area or neighborhood like area??

Tina lived on main street in Felton. It is more of a neighborhood type area with a school and a fee businesses back then if I remember correctly, but definitely a bunch of houses. The surrounding area had a bunch of huge farms and secluded type areas though. But supposedly she walked away from her house on a Saturday morning right down main street and nobody has ever seen her since.

Nobody has stated any facts as to why she ran away previously, but it was not because of a boyfriend. The police initially did not have any leads at all, but in 1983-84 they received two pretty good leads back then. Henry Lee was interviewed in his Texas prison about his time in Delaware by Delaware investigators and Mike Debardeleben was convicted of raping and kidnapping 2 young women in south Delaware and Ocean City, MD anout 6 months before and 4 months after Tina went missing. It is ashamed they didn't find out about either one of these guys until 83-84 as they were the ones the most capable of committing such crimes that actually did so in Delaware during the timeframe that Tina went missing. As far as law enforcement is willing to say, they have no solid leads as to what happened to Tina.

Nobody has stated any facts as to why she ran away previously, but it was not because of a boyfriend. The police initially did not have any leads at all, but in 1983-84 they received two pretty good leads back then. Henry Lee was interviewed in his Texas prison about his time in Delaware by Delaware investigators and Mike Debardeleben was convicted of raping and kidnapping 2 young women in south Delaware and Ocean City, MD anout 6 months before and 4 months after Tina went missing. It is ashamed they didn't find out about either one of these guys until 83-84 as they were the ones the most capable of committing such crimes that actually did so in Delaware during the timeframe that Tina went missing. As far as law enforcement is willing to say, they have no solid leads as to what happened to Tina.

Have you spoken to the medical examiner or Mike Brown at all since we last talked????

Mike has either gotten a new email or does check/respond as often as he used to. I need a little more info before I approach the new PIC of her case if you can provide it, I will contact them within days. I need Donna's father's name and/or date of death to be verified before I can talk to anyone. If you can PM me that info, I will verify it and if it is correct then I will forward it to the proper person. Reason being is, my friends in the DSP believe that DS probably was ruled out at some time or another, but new info like this could spark some interest by LE into Tina's case

Every time I see the picture of Tina I can't stop thinking how much she looks like my high school Spanish teacher. I showed the picture to my husband and he said the same thing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back