Dead Pets

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If anything, Jose Baez drove it home for me that in fact his client is a brutal killer (though I have no evidence she killed those innocent little doggies).

MOO

Mel

I agree - I wonder if this might come back to haunt the DT during the penalty phase - not only did the DT just show that this definitely wasn't an accident, but ruined their chances at getting her convicted on lesser charges because they've just demonstrated a pattern of behavior that started young, shown her lack of empathy and compassion for the vulnerable (children, animals), and makes her likely to reoffend if let out. They've made her about as unsympathetic as possible. Wow, brilliant defense strategy! Maybe they should have had Baez practice that line of questioning in front of a mock jury first? (and if I were on that mock jury it would be really hard not to heckle him!)

Now I'm even more convinced ICA killed Caylee, and probably killed those dogs too. One of the "warning signs" of sociopaths is that they are cruel to animals. If those dogs were not old and were fairly healthy, she probably killed them.

And I have no doubt that she would have gotten great pleasure (if she could have accomplished it) knowing her parents' beloved grandchild was buried in THEIR yard, under their noses (how I hate thinking that).:sick:

I expected to see Cindy crying on the stand when she was being asked about the death and burial of some of her pets. I started crying as she went through the list. I'm coming up on the 1 yr anniv. of losing my beloved golden (to cancer) and it's been a difficult/sad year with lots of tears, still. When she described her first dog as being her 'baby,' well that got me.

It's too bad there are no dog autopsies, to show what the contents of the dogs stomachs were prior to their death - it's pretty common knowledge that chocolate is toxic to dogs. Probably pretty easy for a teenage ICA to feed them chocolate.
What else is poisonous to dogs? What else could ICA have killed them with?

Wonder if the State will try and get vet records before the case concludes or if that is even necessary given all the other evidence - the hint or possibility that she had a hand in it is probably enough for the jury - I know it's giving me chills now.

It's too bad there are no dog autopsies, to show what the contents of the dogs stomachs were prior to their death - it's pretty common knowledge that chocolate is toxic to dogs. Probably pretty easy for a teenage ICA to feed them chocolate.

Wonder if the State will try and get vet records before the case concludes or if that is even necessary given all the other evidence - the hint or possibility that she had a hand in it is probably enough for the jury - I know it's giving me chills now.

pennies the newer ones if not passed,
onions,causes liver failure (left over chinese),
small bateries,
raw potatoes
anti freeze
grapes?? raisins
thats all I can remember offhand
iobacco, dip chew
aspirin or tylenol cant remember which

I agree with the conclusions everyone else has drawn. Regarding the two lethargic dogs of Cindy's: neither her or George included them in the roster of dead pets, and since it's been roughly 3 years since ICA has been around them, I think we can assume they are fine now. If the dogs were experiencing lethargy as a symptom of a natural illness I would think that a progression of that illness would have led to death within the past few years. Just my thoughts :)

Yes, and as Cindy talked of the little yorkie I could just picture her coming home from work early with Casey there and the computer screen open. Her little yorkie that probably goes bananas barking and jumping to greet Cindy just laying there asleep, half asleep, unable to get up, and staying extremely tired. Whatever it was must have worn off after awhile. No mention of vomiting, a dog cold, diarrhea, not eating, nothing but extremely tired and sleepy. I can't believe Cindy actually told that, and I think she knew what she was doing.

Something else to consider: The defendant told everyone that Caylee's father died in an accident. She also said that the guy, with the little boy, had been married but his wife died.

She didn't have any qualms about using death in her stories.

I thought it was really strange that the Anthony's had a mother dog and her puppy die within six months of each other also. I am curious as to what they died of and which one died first. I bet anything Casey is responsible for killing many of the family's pets. Maybe when Cindy saw that her dogs, both of them, were tired and seemed ill back in March, she suspected Casey and looked in the history on the computer, where she saw that she was doing searches for Chloroform. Maybe she had suspected her of harming other pets, in the past.

Also, do you guys remember when Jose Baez had a news conference saying that Casey didn't want Caylee to have a memorial service? Why? She didn't know whether she could attend or not, at that time. that struck me as very odd back then. She wasn't afraid to tell the public that either. Why wouldn't someone who suppose to love you, like your mother, not want family and friends to honor you and your life? Why not finally give the baby a proper burial, with respect and dignity. Why did she disapprove of it? That's not normal, and it's not right. She really is very evil. When I look at her at times when she has that sneer on her face, it reminds me of what a demon does, they sneer. These past several weeks, we've witnessed true evil, at it's core:devil:.

pennies the newer ones if not passed,
onions,causes liver failure (left over chinese),
small bateries,
raw potatoes
anti freeze
grapes?? raisins
thats all I can remember offhand
iobacco, dip chew
aspirin or tylenol cant remember which

Tylenol for dogs, aspirin for cats. My dogs have been on low-dose aspirin in the past and the vet said never to give them tylenol.

That is referring to her pregnancy with Caylee.... They are taking about Casey and Caylee are gone... and how Cindy doesn't think Casey disappeared due to a pregnancy. Yet, Cindy didn't think Casey was pregnant the last time around either. (Caylee.)

Page 20 - Paragragh 8

July 11, 2008

"I smiled when you said Cindy says she doesn't think Casey is PG.
I don't think she thought Casey was PG the last time around either???
Something is keeping Casey from facing her mother???"

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/1102/25605267.pdf

Apparently Casey was pregnant at least once before. Here is a link to some correspondence from Shirley (Cindy's mom and someone else named Maryloubea) where they write about Casey being pg the last time around. Scroll down to 7/11/2008, 5 14 31 am
http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2010/1102/25605267.pdf

I just had that same thought!

Hearing about the pet-burying rituals of the Anthonys today was the most shocking and incriminating thing I heard in the whole trial. Notice how it had the mark of Casey on it by including a pet. "Misty," that didn't ever exist. If I were on the jury, that testimony would have shifted my thinking towards the death penalty. It wasn't that there was some sort of accident and Casey, not knowing what to do, grabbed some bags randomly to deal with her terrible mistake. No, she put her Caylee to sleep like was done to Ginger and Cinnamon & etc. and she held a funeral -- a pet funeral for her daughter! :noooo:

Sorry, But I gotta ask... Is that dog on the chaise googling chloroform?

I am now convinced that ICA borrowed the shovel to bury Caylee with the pets that were buried in the backyard. I hope the jurors come to the same conclusion. I'm sure that Baez thought he was implicating George, but it backfired big time.

Speaking of dead dogs - there's another dead dog in this case. When the remains were found a neighborhood boy was on the news talking about how there had been a bad smell in that area during the summer and a dead dog was found and determined to be the source of the smell. I've mentioned this before because it really stuck with me. But at the time I thought it was a bit crazy to think she'd kill a dog to use as a decoy for the smell of decomp, so I don't think I mentioned that it was my thought. After today I'm not so sure it's all that crazy.

Hearing about the death of the mother and child dogs today made me think about this other dead dog. If KC wanted to hide the real source of the smell, putting a dead dog in the area would be a pretty good cover. And hey, it did work. Everyone apparently thought the smell was that dog (and I'm pretty sure it was actually Caylee).

I remember seeing video of this boy being interviewed back in 2008 but I couldn't find any video of it. I did find this post though, so I know I'm not misremembering.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4069885&postcount=98"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Area Body Found in "Too Strange" Was it Searched?Part # 2[/ame]

I remember this well and have mentioned it before on several threads. There was an odor and someone called it in to LE.

The day that Caylee's remains were found, the media was there at the scene. They interviewed a young boy/man, probably in his late teens. He said that there was an odor and a neighbor called it in to LE. He was there when the police arrived and checked for the source of the odor.

It was a dead animal (don't know if it was a dog or wild animal), found just a few feet in from the pavement. It did smell, and the police said this was the source of the odor. Any lingering odor was attributed to the dead animal. So if anyone said, "hey, what's that smell", the response was, "a dead dog (or wild animal) was found just off the street a week ago." The odor eventually went away and no one gave it further thought.

If it hadn't been for finding that dead animal and attributing the source of the odor to it, LE might have persued the matter further back in June-July. They probably would have gotten more LE personnel involved and done a more thorough search then and found Caylee.

I thought it was chilling when Cindy mentioned arranging for the burial of one pet, "her first baby," when her daughter threw her real first baby out like trash. And the fact that George bought a kind of "pet marker" just demolishes the notion that he bagged up little Caylee and dumped her like trash. (A man like George would be way too smart to leave the body above ground and so close to his house, anyway.) Casey couldn't for some reason bury her in the back yard (it's hard to dig a grave deep enough for a human) and so moved her plan from one "pet cemetary" to another, one with the added attraction of not requiring any WORK. The rest of the Anthonys come off as normal pet owners.

Baez might have just managed to do what I thought couldn't be done without a cause of death--ensure the death penalty.

Agreed! I can't imagine why JB brought up the subject. I presume it was to show that GA used duct tape to wrap the pets before burial, but is he so obtuse he didn't see how those little vignettes could incriminate his client? It's fairly common knowledge that serial killers start their careers with animals.

You know, another reason he may have brought it up could be for the penalty phase if she is convicted. It can be said (and I'm sure he can find some "professional" to suggest it) that the numerous pet burials from her early life caused a desensitization in KC. It was as though, ok the dog died, we'll give it a funeral and get another. I know that appears to be a stretch but think about it in terms of a child with some type of undiagnosed personality disorder. And yes, I believe she has more than one of those. Normal people do not kill their children and toss them away in a dump.

I thought it was chilling when Cindy mentioned arranging for the burial of one pet, "her first baby," when her daughter threw her real first baby out like trash. And the fact that George bought a kind of "pet marker" just demolishes the notion that he bagged up little Caylee and dumped her like trash. (A man like George would be way too smart to leave the body above ground and so close to his house, anyway.) Casey couldn't for some reason bury her in the back yard (it's hard to dig a grave deep enough for a human) and so moved her plan from one "pet cemetary" to another, one with the added attraction of not requiring any WORK. The rest of the Anthonys come off as normal pet owners.

Baez might have just managed to do what I thought couldn't be done without a cause of death--ensure the death penalty.

Good point, pittsburghgirl! A man who is thoughtful enough to go out and buy a concrete statue of a dog as a makeshift headstone for his wife's dog, wouldn't be so heartless as to toss his daughter's baby out like trash!

IMO mentioning the burial of the Anthony pets only helped the state.

1. The Anthony family buried their pets with respect. The parents would hardly take their treasured grandaughter and throw her into the woods.

2. ICA was in high school when some of pets were buried in the Anthony's yard and as a sociopath, mimicked the wrapping of her own daughter as you would a dog or cat. Sick beyond measure. I am now convinced that ICA intended to bury Caylee in the yard that day she borrowed the shovel.

3. Most importantly, the Anthony yard had buried dead pets in it and the cadaver dogs DID NOT hit on those spots. There was no dead animal in the trunk. There was a dead little girl!

Do you believe this helped the defense or the prosecution? Your thoughts.

--Mods, if this should not be a new thread or is improper in some way, please remove or move. Thank you.

I agree with you 100%! Actually, the pet burials were what sealed the deal for me. And I'm so sure this is not lost on the jury. Once they hear today that Cindy was at work when the chloroform searches were made, I think that will seal the deal for them as well. Justice for Sweet Caylee!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back