GUILTY *DEATH PENALTY* FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, abducted and killed, Jacksonville, June 2013 *GRAPHIC* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Over time following this trial my feelings have changed regarding rayne periwinkle. At first I blamed her for putting cherish as risk. I still do blame her for getting in the van. I would not get in a van especially with my children for a million pound and I've been poor. But I think Donald smith was in full control and had picked cherish out. Maybe she could have still saved cherish after getting in the van if she would have kept cherish close and in site at all times.
I think DS knew he was only ever leaving that store with cherish alone.
How, if rayne didn't let cherish out of site would he have got what he wanted. I can't see him paying for all their clothes and driving them home. No he was taking cherish that night and he was that desperate he wasn't even bothered about the cameras.

I feel sorry she lost cherish plus she has lost the other girls too.
I think she's punishing herself enough without my blame.
There are so many what its with this case that play over and over in my mind, so what must rayne periwinkle s mind be like?.

Over the years, I have felt differently also.

I now see her as incredibly vulnerable, insecure, and immature. I don't think she stood a chance against him. I don't blame her, anymore. I think she saw a chance to do something for her kids, that she otherwise wouldn't be able to do. I think he KNEW she was in just the vulnerable spot to make a choice that maybe most wouldn't make...but some do when they are naive. But, I don't see her as criminal now. I see her as a victim completely. I think she is living through hell even still.

Do I remember correctly that the other girls were adopted by relatives in Australia? Or was that another case?

Do I remember correctly that the other girls were adopted by relatives in Australia? Or was that another case?

Yes the girls were adopted by her Sister. I would find the link but I think it's buried threads back.

Even though she had terrible judgment in this horrendous tragedy, I do think Rayne loves her children and never dreamed that something like this would happen. I'm sure that, if she could go back in time, she would never have gotten in that van. I hope that she can have some kind of relationship with her other two girls in the future.

I lost the thread where some "humanitarian" was trying to fight for his death penalty to be overturned because the person thought it "inhumane" .. Pffft. ****** that! This monster DESERVES to ​DIE. May he rot in hell! :mad:

The younger sisters of an 8-year-old Jacksonville girl who was abducted, raped and murdered in June 2013 have been adopted by an aunt who lives in Australia.

Rayne Perrywinkle, the girls' mother, said the adoption by her sister was finalized in November ....

The girls, D, 9, and N, 7, moved at the beginning of January.

The girls' former guardian ad litem, Patricia P, said Perrywinkle had the chance to get her daughters back but didn't meet the criteria, which is why the state had no choice but to put them up for adoption.

State law mandates that permanency for children is the goal, and most of the time parents are given 12 months to complete a case plan, which is a faster timeline than other states. Local officials say permanent placement for a child is more important than giving a parent more than the allotted time to meet the requirements to regain custody.

“Going to Australia, starting a new life with family, that is the best thing for them,” Parker said.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/sisters-of-murdered-8-year-old-find-new-home-in-australia

I really hope he gets the Death Penalty on this!! What he did to that poor child was horrible!

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Sentencing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Cherish Perrywinkle (8) (June 21, 2013) - Donald Smith (56 @ time of crime/now 61) - indicted and found guilty (juror took only 12 minutes) of 1st degree murder, kidnapping & rape. Jurors unanimously recommended death penalty.
Spencer Hearing was on March 28. Victim impact information was put before judge.

:judge:

Wednesday, May 2nd:
*Sentencing (@ 9am ET) - FL - Cherish Perrywinkle (8) (June 21, 2013) - Donald Smith (56 @ time of crime/now 61) - indicted and found guilty (juror took only 12 minutes) of 1st degree murder, kidnapping & rape. Jurors unanimously recommended death penalty.
Spencer Hearing was on March 28. Victim impact information was put before judge.

Thanks Niner...you are so good about keeping track of dates!

Finally, he will be sentenced and off to prison.

BTW, his attorneys filled a motion for a new trial yesterday, so this will probably be addressed at sentencing.

On eve of sentencing, Donald Smith's lawyers ask for new trial, penalty phase

Motions filed day before Cherish Perrywinkle's killer to be sentenced

https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...-motions-for-new-trial-new-sentencing-hearing

On the day before Donald Smith is to be sentenced in the 2013 kidnap, rape and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle, his lawyers filed a motion seeking a new penalty phase, based on an interview State Attorney Melissa Nelson did with News4Jax reporter Jenese Harris.

If anyone hears anything - please post! My laptop is giving me problems this morning and I can't watch.... :pcguru:

TIA! :wave:

And BUF - it's my pleasure! :)

found a tweeter:

Jenese Harris
‏ @WJXTJenese
25m25 minutes ago

#Donaldsmith has entered the courtroom @wjxt4

#Donaldsmith sits as he shakes his leg. You can hear the chains rattle as he shakes his leg. Never heard that before. @wjxt4

#Donaldsmith two jurors return for the sentencing. This is the second time Juror Paul Hinson has returned. Rayne Perrywinkle has also entered. @wjxt4

Jenese Harris
‏ @WJXTJenese
17m17 minutes ago

Judge Mallory Cooper now hears motion for penalty phase. Defense claims that a transcript will be provided for the interview that I did with Mark Caliel and Melissa Nelson. @wjxt4

#donaldsmith Judge denies motion @wjxt4

#donaldsmith’s defense wants Smith’s possessions to be given to a Ms. Moore. He wants his van and computer give to Moore. @wjxt4

Count 2 life in prison

Count 3 life in prison

#DonaldTrump count 1 - for murder - Judge Cooper says.... listening now for decision... @wjxt4

#donaldsmith Judge Cooper reads a summary of Smith’s act of murder. Cooper says - count 1 gets death penalty for Smith. @wjxt4

If any case deserved the death penalty this one did. Scum of the earth. imo

Reporters say he appeared nervous.

anne schindler
@schindy
·
4m
Death is the only appropriate sentence, says Judge Cooper:
"you not only have forfeited your right to life among us you have forfeited your right to life at all" #DonaldSmith @FCN2go "May god have mercy on your soul"

So - he's off to death row now?

:jail:

:rose: Cherish GOT Justice!! :rose:

Rayne Perrywinkle was interviewed on WJXT after the death sentence was announced.

Quote "I hope he rots in hell." "Burn in hell."

Some of the reporters are quite emotional.

anne schindler
@schindy
·
4m
Death is the only appropriate sentence, says Judge Cooper:
"you not only have forfeited your right to life among us you have forfeited your right to life at all" #DonaldSmith @FCN2go "May god have mercy on your soul"

With what he did to that poor child, only God can have mercy on him, IMO....:(

Thanks for the tweets Niner

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HEYN0W