Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had the time to read everything, but this is a great idea. I've always been shocked, in light of past criminals like Jeffrey Dahmer who targeted young males, that investigators have not taken these cases more seriously. There is the probability that some of these situations were in fact accidents, but there's no way that could be the case for every single one. That would be way too coincidental.

Hi all I'm new here. But anyway when I first heard about this story a few days ago it hit me like a sack of bricks. When I was at Ball State in Indiana durring the 93-94 school year there was a guy in my friends dorm that vanished after leaving a party. LE found him a week later in the White river with a broken nose. LE said that he most likely commited suicide or tried to walk on the retaing wall and fell off. We all knew this was a croc. Also that same year a short time after that, it was either my friend at Evansville or IU that told me somebody had dissapeared there and was found in a river. This is why I think this investigation needs to go back even further. I feel that this is some type of Manson Family like cult that is using young women to lure men to their deaths. Also there needs to be much more coverage on this. Why hasn't this been on Nancy Grace, Geraldo, or Greta. Is it because they are men and not women. If 3 women had dissapeared on there way home from a bar in Lacrosse and where found in the river Lacrosse would have been crawling with media and LE. But this happens to 7 men and they are just cast away as druken idiots.

part of the physical evidence that helped change the COD on Jenkins was his own hair found in his hand.
If this is truly the case, then neither the "dropping him off the bridge" or "sliding him into the water" theories make sense. If otoh someone were holding his head under the water (ala "dunking" as slatyhead suggested)I could see catching one's own hair while trying to break free.

Creepy sh** - what do you think the "Innocent RIFA" stood for on the guys chest?

Blink, that's a connection between Grand Theft Auto and Manhunt. In Manhunt there's the Innocentz. I think in Grand Theft there's another sort of gang. Somehow they're related. Interesting is RIFA has something to do with radical muslims in real life. It also has something to do with gangs, and Loco Parke. In real life I mean. Oh and RIFA stands for some kind of nasty fire ants as well. I'll have to ask the kids. My nephews play Manhunt. Some imagination these video game people have, eh?

I saw that too. It is almost unbearable to read. Is that also where the comment was from someone saying that LE on the scene of a body recovery proclaimed it a drinking/drowning accident all the while the body was still being zipped into a bodybag in the background? The person who posted said sarcastically "You might want to actually look at the body before making that determination".

That is how quickly and irresponsibly, IMO, that LE wrote these cases off. Before the bodybags were zipped up and removed from the scene for crying out loud. I doubt that anyone, including the ME ever looked at these cases as a suspicious death.
Echoing your sentiment but would like to add- they are, in alot of these cases, determining that they are drunken accidents BEFORE a body is even found; whether the body eventually is found seems to be an inconvenience from the start.

I still like to think some of them are related, but I think it's one person doing it.

Hat is in ready position. LOL

Echoing your sentiment but would like to add- they are, in alot of these cases, determining that they are drunken accidents BEFORE a body is even found; whether the body eventually is found seems to be an inconvenience from the start.

You hit the nail on the head. You can almost picture what goes through LE's head when a body is found. "Oh brother, now we are going to have to waste all this time dealing with the family and their silly theories".

Hi all I'm new here. But anyway when I first heard about this story a few days ago it hit me like a sack of bricks. When I was at Ball State in Indiana durring the 93-94 school year there was a guy in my friends dorm that vanished after leaving a party. LE found him a week later in the White river with a broken nose. LE said that he most likely commited suicide or tried to walk on the retaing wall and fell off. We all knew this was a croc. Also that same year a short time after that, it was either my friend at Evansville or IU that told me somebody had dissapeared there and was found in a river. This is why I think this investigation needs to go back even further. I feel that this is some type of Manson Family like cult that is using young women to lure men to their deaths. Also there needs to be much more coverage on this. Why hasn't this been on Nancy Grace, Geraldo, or Greta. Is it because they are men and not women. If 3 women had dissapeared on there way home from a bar in Lacrosse and where found in the river Lacrosse would have been crawling with media and LE. But this happens to 7 men and they are just cast away as druken idiots.

Do you have any more info on the guy from your friends dorm? It would help to take a specific look to determine if this mystery does go back to 93/94.

I haven't had the time to read everything, but this is a great idea. I've always been shocked, in light of past criminals like Jeffrey Dahmer who targeted young males, that investigators have not taken these cases more seriously. There is the probability that some of these situations were in fact accidents, but there's no way that could be the case for every single one. That would be way too coincidental.

I'm sure it's been a decade since I've followed anything about Dahmer. But LE just doesn't view males as victims. So much so that LE even delivered a vic back to Dahmer because of a lame story Dahmer gave them.

Welcome porkchop!

I agree with you. This is reverse discrimination. If it were women there would be a panic starting. It also reflects the attitude toward alcohol consumption that kind of says, "Hey if you're drinking, you get what you deserve!" The police dismiss each death as due strictly to drunkeness or make the leap to suicide, without even looking into the character of the victims or even the condition of the body before they jump to a conclusion and a mindset.

These are the same cops who were probably tanked up plenty when they were young! What a hypocritical attitude. What lazy LE officers.

I can tell you, my son fits this profile to a "t," and yes, he and his friends indulge in alcohol on the weekends. For better or worse. I warn him about the risks and of course, all parents worry about this. Nevertheless, many of us did the same thing in college. It's the nature of the beast. It doesn't mean these young men's murders should be dismissed as accidents when they are clearly NOT!:mad:

Also, a few pages back someone posted about Randall Flagg, the character in Stephen King's The Stand, with the smiley face on his jacket. I read that book about 3 times - the character was pure evil and yes, was a hater of sociable, happy people. I find that very interesting because that book had almost a cult following, if I remember right.

I also agree with a poster who said, this group may be effecting a sort of "revenge of the nerds." When I look at the victim profile, what I sense is resentment, jealousy and envy on the part of the murderer/s.

Sorry to not credit these two posters, I am hurrying and can't take time to go back and quote them right now but I wanted to get in this thought.

Eve

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! :eek:

I think they could petition and get enough signatures to take it to the Grand Jury, couldn't they? If this evidence was presented there...then LE and the DA's office wouldn't have a choice if the GJ handed down an indictment.

It may have to come down to something like that since LE still doesn't seem interested. DA's are saying they get their info from LE and LE is saying they only give their own info to the DA. That leaves Gannon and Duarte's investigation out in the cold.

I personally love the GJ process. A case locally to me was ignored as a runaway case for years until the DA was compelled by begging from her family to do something. The DA brought the case to a GJ and there are now two men about to go on trial for this girls murder even though they've never found a body.

Oh...BTW...this forum is not that easy to find on the general board...unless I've missed it...I went through the old link.

I agree. I'm here almost every day, and I had trouble finding it. I was looking for "Smiley-Face". I wasn't following the drownings closely prior to this, though I was aware of them.

Any ideas on how to make it easier to find?

Susan

Well NYPD is not interested in Gannon and Duarte's investigation either. I was hoping that because the detectives are one of their own, that NYPD would have been more receptive of Gannon and Duarte's work. Also, the first smiley face was found while investigating Chris Jenkin's death.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...exnypd_cops_say_smiley_face_is_link_in_4.html

(snip)
"It screamed homicide," said Gannon. Jenkins was found floating on his back with his arms crossed on his chest - an unusual pose for a drowned person.
Jenkins' death was reclassified as a homicide, and the retired NYPD cops found the spot where Jenkins might have been thrown into the water.
It was there that they discovered the first smiley face.
FBI officials said they do not believe the deaths are the work of a serial killer or related.
And NYPD officials still say McNeill's death was an accident.
"We have no evidence to suggest otherwise, and no one has come forward with any evidence to suggest otherwise," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne.

1:35 seconds into the below linked video (viewer is halfway down the page on the right) from the press junket held in (N.Y.?) today, Josh Snells brother had this to say:

http://www.weau.com/news/headlines/18353369.html#

22-year-old Josh Snell from Hastings, Minnesota, disappeared in Eau Claire in June of 2005. His brother says he was in town for a wedding and later went to the bars. Snell was found four days later, pulled from the Chippewa River. Jon Snell says he doesn't believe his brother wandered into the water.
In a phone call with a friend "he said he was scared, that he was hiding in a brushy area, that he was running from someone, that he didn’t know who it was or how he was going to get away. (He said) he didn’t do anything, but he was terrified and he was scared for his life,” Jon Snell says.

I had not heard this fact before and it's not in print anywhere that I have seen. Although I'll double check.Below is a link to Josh's story.

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2006/11/061205-josh-snell-22-eau-claire-wi.html

SQ- this goes to a few cases that I think is relevant and possibly a "profile issue" In that I mean men that they fit the other vic profile, plus the jargled, or silent cell phone calls-
from my notes that fits:
Kyle Fleischman
Scot Radel
Patrick Kycia
Josh Snell
un-named attempted vic 4/10/08 Lafayette, INd.

And possibly others they have not released. I also think the family members are being coached by the detectives as to what to say when they talk to the press to keep the case out there, which I think is smart at this stage- and again another statement from LaCross that they are all accidental- I say expand your list, start with the States, departments of those not yet found that have not yet had FBI involvement and see what happens, inevitabley they'll get there.

Offhanded thought after reading the McNeill story, although it applies to others in our loose group of victims: What will make a young male leave a young lady waiting for a ride? Or disappear suddenly from his friends at a bar? The only thing I can think of to accomplish this in a discreet manner is an(other) attractive female. Although some of the cases had notable confrontations (Chris Jenkins) associated with the disappearance, others have a “vanished into thin air” feel. Is it possible a woman is involved?

C6

How's this?

"Dude, is that your red truck in the parking lot? It just got smashed! Guy's trying to get away, my boyfriend's holdin' on to him! Hurry up, c'mon!"

Thank you...thank you very much.

Susan

Personally, I think they are lower key than that and they target the ones that are already by themselves and wait for them to leave. The asessment as to whether they are the "right" victim is done onsite., imo.
However, I would not rule out female involvement as a lure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member