Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DD- I caught that too, I took that to mean that they had both the smiley and siniswa at a different scene. Perhaps they were looking for both?

Just saw the case on NY news...is Lawrence Andrews of Brewster, NY and Joshua Bender on the list?

With what I have read about Jenkins, and all the articles at that TV station link, I think the NYC retired cops are on the right track. Some kind of "Murder Club" or syndicate. Done on the internet. Different groups in different states, or even college-based. Two or three in each pod. One to watch the subject, one to befriend him, one to hone in on the kill.

Forget about the FBI. They were SOOOOOOO wrong about the Baton Rouge serial killer. Their profilers said "white guy in a white pick-up truck". Actually, it was a black man, in several different vehicles, which he borrowed from relatives and friends when he went out to kill.

I believe the FBI is way behind the curve on this one.

God Bless Jenkin's Mom! She really got the ball rolling. I hope her son's murderers are caught and prosecuted soon.

I'm not that familiar with gay sex/drowning fantasies, but this seems a lot of people have to share this single, unique desire to pull off “pods” worth of fantasy/sexual gratification drowning. I think once competent LE starts over, doing autopsies looking for physical signs of torture and other findings unusual to drowning, we’ll find out the MO is deeper than just thrill drowning. Some of the original investigators in love with the drunk-boy-drowns theory may not be able to see past their original bias and may need to be replaced.

Also, I was thinking how astute the perp(s) must be to find this particular type of victim: intelligent, athletic, 5’-6” to 5’-10”, attractive, and with the propensity to be vulnerable. I still sense a female decoy may have much more success with this subgroup unless I missed that they had gay leanings.

C6

BTW...don't know if this has been mentioned...just got home and hopped on the board...part of the physical evidence that helped change the COD on Jenkins was his own hair found in his hand.

SS- checking on Bender. He was a student at Yeshiva University in NY.

SS- don't want to seem like a dummy, but how do I do that?

Also...has anyone thought of this to lure these guys "Hey...you want to go out and get high"...easy enough to get someone in a car then...and the victim may not be likely to broadcast that news with lots of people around.

DD- I caught that too, I took that to mean that they had both the smiley and siniswa at a different scene. Perhaps they were looking for both?

I think that maybe besides the smiley's..sometimes there were gang names, then the Siniswa ..but that still at every site there would be two distinct markers. The smiley and something else.

I would imagine that one or more of these members have been arrested and jailed on other charges.

Omg SS, this was made by some Manhunt fans. Below is the description from that vid. Notice where they are from. While these guys may not be the Smiley Face Killers, it shows how far people can take a game. And in this case far enough to make that video.

Added: May 14, 2006 (Less info)
this is a manhunt fan fiction flick. part of a series that a bunch of us here in detroit are doing for ****s and giggles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/starkweather00

Above is a Myspace type Youtube page with more videos:

Name: s

manhunt projects underway! stay tuned for many more manhunt fan fiction shorts.
Hometown: detroit
en_US-orig.gif

Interests and Hobbies: horror movies, drinking beer, smoking.

I gotta admit it -- I'm a skeptic about this case. I'm willing to let folks try and convince me, but there was a very similar theory floating around several years ago that linked BTK, the Zodiac Killer and David Berkowitz. A Kansas journalist even won an award for it. Dennis Rader (BTK)'s arrest put lie to the whole thing. It had been made up by conspiracy theorist with help from Berkowitz himself.

This smacks of the same sort of thing.

But I'm trying to keep an open mind.

Steve

I'm trying to as well, Steve. Could it be something LE is just throwing out there to taunt the real killer?

One of the news videos I watched earlier this week mentioned something about not wanting to have much attention drawn to this. Well, that worked.

As much as I admire those NY detectives for staying on these cases, I seriously can't wrap my mind around this being a few different people/gangs in different cities. :rolleyes:

I've eaten my hat before, and I'll do it again when this is proven.

I'm trying to as well, Steve. Could it be something LE is just throwing out there to taunt the real killer?

One of the news videos I watched earlier this week mentioned something about not wanting to have much attention drawn to this. Well, that worked.

As much as I admire those NY detectives for staying on these cases, I seriously can't wrap my mind around this being a few different people/gangs in different cities. :rolleyes:

I've eaten my hat before, and I'll do it again when this is proven.

Yeah, I've eaten my hat too. And this theory is so intriguing I'd certainly be fascinated if more proof comes out. I mean, it's so weird and mysterious, what with the happy faces and all.

But my rule of thumb about true crime speculation usually is this -- if it sounds more like the plot from a good suspense novel than reality, it's probably closer to fiction than fact. I'm sure I would have said something different 4 years ago, but I've learned a lot since then.

I want to believe in this case, like Fox Mulder, y'know? But there are bells ringing: the fact that they've only revealed this much; that they say there is a conspiracy of killers ranging across several states; one major article linked a lot about this notes that the detectives say they've run out of money. All that bugs me.

I KEEP getting e-mails from people through my blog contact form, and every one of them is a link to this story, so I'm nearly obligated to write something about it at this point.

If I do, I'm going to dig up that crazy theory about the BTK/Zodiac/Son of Sam "satanist group" and remind folks of that, because that conspiracy theory just keeps making me think of this one.

I've debunked stuff in the past, but I don't like to -- I'm more geared towards believing. I've just got a bedrock idea of what makes sense to me, and I have to answer to that.

Steve

Jenkins, other victims' families speak out in the video on the right side of the page.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S426475.shtml?cat=1

Unbelievable! Minnesota LE told Jenkins that they will not arrest anyone unless they can provide LE with a picture or video of Chris Jenkin's murder.

Since when do LE require a video or picture of a murder in order to make an arrest? That's absurd!

There must be more to the story. You know, it took that female reporter a couple of months of working with these two detectives before she believed them. Maybe Minn LE needs time to check out everything more.

First it's come to where some people think someone isn't guilty unless there's direct forensics connecting them to a crime. Now LE is requiring a movie of the crime.

Good grief!

fran

Also...has anyone thought of this to lure these guys "Hey...you want to go out and get high"...easy enough to get someone in a car then...and the victim may not be likely to broadcast that news with lots of people around.

It sounds like with Jensen they swooped down on him and forced him into the van.

You get a guy who's been drinking, or maybe even not, outnumber him and surround him and it wouldn't be that difficult to force them into a vehicle.

JMHO
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members