Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ST. ALBANS, Vt. -- Some neighbors in St. Albans said they're sick of crime in their city.

At a crime forum Wednesday, more than 150 residents gathered with police to talk about what's driving crime.

Having a bad economy sure doesn't help. To me I've always thought of Vermont as a clean friendly state; quite different than NY; so it sucks this stuff is happening there. If you start seeing groups of black kids with blue or red shirts and other idiots all with their hats turned the same way or maybe matching bandanas; then the gangs are there and the fighting will escalate unless it's squashed now. In Albany a 10 year old girl was shot and killed a few days ago from a stray bullet~just totally sucks

I think it's crips not crypts

You're right; crips. that news article you posted might indicate a person in the cab cracked open a beer or sometihing, which would infuriate some muslims. A lot of muslim cab drivers in minneapolis are radical muslims and they refuse to pick up anyone who has alcohol They also won't even pick up a blind person who has a dog because they view the dog as dirty; thats how they interpret the koran. So I don't think that article relates to these gang drownings. It's just another enemy within that has to be dealt with

You're right; crips. that news article you posted might indicate a person in the cab cracked open a beer or sometihing, which would infuriate some muslims. A lot of muslim cab drivers in minneapolis are radical muslims and they refuse to pick up anyone who has alcohol They also won't even pick up a blind person who has a dog because they view the dog as dirty; thats how they interpret the koran. So I don't think that article relates to these gang drownings. It's just another enemy within that has to be dealt with

It's actually an update that you can subscribe to from the Minneapolis Police Department. Kind of gives you an overview of what's gone on during the week but yeah, you are probably right. That is a big issue in Minneapolis...frustrating for people on both sides.

I ran across that particular one by doing a search for surenos 13...most of the time when they are mentioned, it has to do with a shooting. I guess I don't really see them being part of this...

I just would like to point out that gangs are more interested in killing people who are in their territory, i.e. rival gangs. They would not be targeting innocent college men, they would have no reason to be involved in any of these killings.

Also please go back and read my previous post from yesterday, regarding the company Trane. I think this is more logical than gang involvement.

Hi Delta Dawn; there doesn't need to be any Latino population in a community for a Mexican street gang to move and take over. Some street gangs like to just control 1 city but some are nationwide like the 2 main black gangs; the Blood and the Crypts. MS-13 has stated their goal is to be the number gang in America and Sur 13 is also big; as are some of the other Mexican/Central American gangs. To be number 1 it means slowly going nationwide and getting your foot in the door and gaining a stronghold in every state eventually; even in "white" states like Wisconsin or West Virginia. What sucks is that young members who join these gangs usually are extremely misguided and will do anything to be a part of any gang who they think cares for them. You talked about hierarchy here and seem to have read up on it to understand why these kids would even kill if told to

That post was from Peculiar Petunia..not me.

I just would like to point out that gangs are more interested in killing people who are in their territory, i.e. rival gangs. They would not be targeting innocent college men, they would have no reason to be involved in any of these killings.

Also please go back and read my previous post from yesterday, regarding the company Trane. I think this is more logical than gang involvement.

Back a thread or two and also in some other topics..Eathan posted about the Trane theory and it was discussed. Use search and put in Trane and the threads and posts should be available to you to read.

I just would like to point out that gangs are more interested in killing people who are in their territory, i.e. rival gangs.

I agree, and when I listened to that podcast where gangs were mentioned...it didn't to me sound any different than any other time he's mentioned gangs. Just because he's got people who are knowledgeable when it comes to graffiti, doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks that it's that type of gang. I think if anything, they want to know what tags are common for local gangs so they can see if the ones that they are finding are out of place.

Some of these gangs shoot people in broad day light in busy areas. They want respect based on fear and they wouldn't get that by doing this.

Gannon has told us the killings are done by street gangs. Inless you think Gannon is playing games and lieing; the case is solved as to who the killers are. I'm sure Gannon is being truthful; so for anyone who trusts Gannon and listened to the podcast I posted; the whodunit part of the mystery is solved. The only mystery left is motive. I'd guess the motive is most likely gang initiation and racism. I won't speculate on other theories for motive

Gannon has told us the killings are done by street gangs. Inless you think Gannon is playing games and lieing; the case is solved as to who the killers are. I'm sure Gannon is being truthful; so for anyone who trusts Gannon and listened to the podcast I posted; the whodunit part of the mystery is solved. The only mystery left is motive. I'd guess the motive is most likely gang initiation and racism. I won't speculate on other theories for motive

I don't recall him specifically saying "street gangs" I'll have to listen to it again when I have a chance.

I agree, and when I listened to that podcast where gangs were mentioned...it didn't to me sound any different than any other time he's mentioned gangs. Just because he's got people who are knowledgeable when it comes to graffiti, doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks that it's that type of gang. I think if anything, they want to know what tags are common for local gangs so they can see if the ones that they are finding are out of place.
I'll keep an open mind but "tagging" has always been street gang specific. You're right about Dr. Gilbertson though because he is an expert in street gangs, but also satanists and cults. I thought satanists were the killers, not street gangs; but I've never heard anyone in LE refer to tagging as anything but street gangs

I'll keep an open mind but "tagging" has always been street gang specific.

There are a lot of people that are into "tagging" that have no connections at all to gangs. Some just do it for the excitement of trying not to get caught, some do it to spread political messages, gangs are just a percentage of the different types of graffiti and are not the only people that refer to their specific marks or signatures as "tags"

I just watched the video about a missing college student named Brandon Swanson, the interviewer on Fox asked the father if he thinks the "smiley face" gang could be responsible...
I am kinda pissed the lady asked the father that question (seemed very uncaring) but the father said he didnt know.

It was on Fox but I can no longer find the video.

Brandon Swanson is from Minnesota

I truely feel these are not street-gang related. They are more into drugs and the smuggling of drugs, human trafficking, racketeering, sometimes money laundering. This appears to be a gang (or several persons or one person) of a totally different sort.

And yes, tagging is NOT only street gang related. In high school I knew several and they were not gang-affliated. Some are rather talented and do it for art purposes. It's already been brought out some do it for political purposes, some are bored and like being destructive. Also, I'm not buying into the cult theory/"satanists," as true Satanists do not do things like this....though anyone can do horrible things and call themselves one. This seems to reek more of something outside those lines.

I don't think there was anyone who had a theory that these drownings were related to some sort of gang until Gannon and Duarte came out with their theory. Dr. Gillbertson and his students very clearly indicated that they felt it was one person and even came up with a profile of that one person. I think some people on here are getting their information confused.

I believe everyone has a right to their own theories and beliefs on this case but I truly believe it is not some sort of gang, that is my opinion. As far as it being proven that this is a gang, I don't think the "tagging" or "graffiti" proves Gannon's and Duarte's theory very convincingly. Smiley faces are a very commonly used type of graffiti and I believe it is more of a coincidence than anything. How do they know that someone didn't go back and put the smiley face there at a later time. Did Gannon and Duarte go and investigate each and everyone of these cases at the same time local LE was on the case?

Why I am not convinced of any of this still is that the smiley faces have NOT been found at all drowning sites, primarily the ones in Minnesota & Wisconsin, including Chris Jenkins. If these were truly all linked by the smiley graffiti then it would be at ALL of the places these drownings occurred.

If there truly was this hard evidence that Gannon and Duarte claim to have there would not be all the questions still looming and there would be charges filed.

Am I off my rocker??!! I need something logical and proven for me to believe them, isn't this why the FBI and LE have done nothing? Someone has figured out how to commit the perfect murder. I think it's just that simple.

So I hope I haven't offended anyone~this is just what I believe.

I don't think there was anyone who had a theory that these drownings were related to some sort of gang until Gannon and Duarte came out with their theory. Dr. Gillbertson and his students very clearly indicated that they felt it was one person and even came up with a profile of that one person. I think some people on here are getting their information confused.

I believe everyone has a right to their own theories and beliefs on this case but I truly believe it is not some sort of gang, that is my opinion. As far as it being proven that this is a gang, I don't think the "tagging" or "graffiti" proves Gannon's and Duarte's theory very convincingly. Smiley faces are a very commonly used type of graffiti and I believe it is more of a coincidence than anything. How do they know that someone didn't go back and put the smiley face there at a later time. Did Gannon and Duarte go and investigate each and everyone of these cases at the same time local LE was on the case?

Why I am not convinced of any of this still is that the smiley faces have NOT been found at all drowning sites, primarily the ones in Minnesota & Wisconsin, including Chris Jenkins. If these were truly all linked by the smiley graffiti then it would be at ALL of the places these drownings occurred.

If there truly was this hard evidence that Gannon and Duarte claim to have there would not be all the questions still looming and there would be charges filed.

Am I off my rocker??!! I need something logical and proven for me to believe them, isn't this why the FBI and LE have done nothing? Someone has figured out how to commit the perfect murder. I think it's just that simple.

So I hope I haven't offended anyone~this is just what I believe.

Pixie72--I'm right there with you. I think if there's any gang connection, it lies with the producers/sellers of any drugs used.
To me, the Wisconsin and Minnesota cases are the most clearly linked, and as you said, this is where there are no smiley face graffiti.
But, I am not discounting a woman's involvement, either as soloist or with a mate. Serial killing couples have existed, and who can forget Bonnie & Clyde?

Thank you PP! I can see there being a possibility that there is a woman involved or a couple as you suggest, the gang thing just seems highly unlikely. There is just too much room for error when you involve alot of people in that type of a crime. Who ever has orchestrated this weather it be one person or two is highly intelligent. They have to be in order to have eluded authorities for this long.

There is a case of a young man who they believe got away, his last name was Cullen I think. I found a link to an email his mother wrote describing what happened to him. He was in WI, he says he woke up in the river and found his way to Gunderson Lutheran ER. He says from a certain point, sometime after midnight he doesn't remember anything. This case leads me to believe there is a drug such as GHB involved.

With all the hype surrounding the "smiley face gang" important pieces of information I feel is now being over looked.

Somehow there is a connection between all these young men, something so simple that is right there in front of our face yet we just don't see it. SO FRUSTRATING!! I just want this to stop............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member