Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Philly, I guess we can at least be thankful people are taking notice of these strange tragedies. I remember reading about the deaths you noted.... and sadly it still continues. As far as a "gang"..... I would think of it, as more of a network of truly monstrous individuals.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...fied-as-missing-columbia-college-student.html

Body pulled from river ID'd as Columbia College student

"On Sunday, Wright said Polhill was supposed to hang out with his girlfriend but called it off and went to a party on the North Side instead, according to Wright.

On Monday morning, Wright said Polhill sent a text message to his girlfriend saying he spent the night at the party. All their friends thought that was odd.

"He had classes early Monday morning," he said. "It's not like him to do something like that."

That was the last they heard from him."

I found this article,....a lot of things are strange. Jay Polhill said he was going to a party on the north side but his body was found on the south side. It appears as tho his friends thought maybe the text Monday wasn't from Jay. When he didn't return from the party the friends " searched 10 blocks around stops on the Red line from Fullerton to Lawrence because Polhill told them he was headed for a party somewhere near the Addison stop. They passed out flyers. They asked people in the street if they had seen the 20-year-old Columbia College student."

I've never bought that clusters of these are not related. And someone is getting away with it........

http://www.theithacajournal.com/art...ews/Body+found+in+gorge+beneath+Ithaca+bridge

I'm telling you... this is just not normal.... Here is another body found of a man believed to be in his mid-20s at the bottom of the Fall Creek gorge in Ithaca , New York. I am curious to find out what the circumstance of his fall is reported as.

March 11,2010
Body found in gorge beneath Ithaca bridge.
"Emergency personnel recovered the body of a man from the Fall Creek gorge under the Thurston Avenue bridge Thursday."

The website below is a news article about the February 17th death. I think they are still investigating the fall. I'd like to know if there were any injuries or if he had only drowned.

http://m.ithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100217/NEWS01/2170388/1006

Body Recovered From Fall Creek Gorge
Cornell sophomore William Sinclair identified as victim
A utility crew found the body of Cornell student William Sinclair in the Fall Creek Gorge below the Thurston Avenue Bridge Thursday morning. Cornell President David Skorton acknowledged Sinclair's death in a statement released Thursday night to the Cornell community.

After the utility crew called 911, four rescue team workers from the Ithaca Fire Department were sent to the scene, descending into the gorge from the North side to recover the body. One of our WVBR reporters was on the scene as they completed the recovery at 12:44 PM. The bridge was reopened at 1:00 P.M.

Cornell Vice President of Communications Tommy Bruce issued a public statement about this discovery to the Cornell community, stating that Ithaca Police are still investigating the matter.

Sinclair was a sophomore in the Cornell College of Engineering. Skorton's statement did not elaborate on the circumstances surrounding Sinclair's death, "out of deference to the family."

Stay with WVBR as this story develops.
WVBR News - Thursday, March 11, 2010

Article about the ex-cop/investigator and how families and police are NOT happy with him http://www.twincities.com/rosario/ci_14522626?nclick_check=1

Thanks, On C2C Piehl said she was no longer working with Gannon but said it was too involved to go into on the show. Now I know what it's all about.

I don't know what to think. Is he a good guy trying to work things out and genuinely needs money or is he a charlatan preying on the distraught families. :waitasec:

Body Recovered From Fall Creek Gorge
Cornell sophomore William Sinclair identified as victim
A utility crew found the body of Cornell student William Sinclair in the Fall Creek Gorge below the Thurston Avenue Bridge Thursday morning. Cornell President David Skorton acknowledged Sinclair's death in a statement released Thursday night to the Cornell community.

After the utility crew called 911, four rescue team workers from the Ithaca Fire Department were sent to the scene, descending into the gorge from the North side to recover the body. One of our WVBR reporters was on the scene as they completed the recovery at 12:44 PM. The bridge was reopened at 1:00 P.M.

Cornell Vice President of Communications Tommy Bruce issued a public statement about this discovery to the Cornell community, stating that Ithaca Police are still investigating the matter.

Sinclair was a sophomore in the Cornell College of Engineering. Skorton's statement did not elaborate on the circumstances surrounding Sinclair's death, "out of deference to the family."

Stay with WVBR as this story develops.
WVBR News - Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cherish,

Thought you would find this link interesting. Cornell is posting "lookouts" because of the suicides commited on the gorges?

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...Watch_After_Three_Students_Died_In_Last_Month

Probably not anything really, but history how Ithaca was Cayuga territory for centuries until some Revolutionary men burned the Indians out.

http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-Northeast/Ithaca-History.html

Hi Filly, I am so frustrated with the information about the recent deaths in Ithaca. The news articles are vague because there is no information about the rulings of the incidents, and so many of the comments left after the news articles are just people (residents) fuming about suicide and how it affects peoples views of the city, college,students etc..... were they suicide?

If one were to read about the first student Bradley Ginsburg I couldn't imagine suicide and nothing since then has supported suicide. No one came out saying he was depressed, left a note, was unstable. The information was just that he left , room mate reported him missing and they found him.

When I saw the story and read what wonderful things were attributed to him I thought :Gosh, people must have trapped him on the bridge and lifted him over the railing. No one came forward saying that they witnessed him jumping. No one said they thought he was despondent. And I thought the news mentioned that the railings were high enough that no one would be able to fall over them if they slipped.( I realize it was icy)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/t...earches-for-402075.html?viewAsSinglePage=true

Too many questions and no answers. Then 19-year-old William Sinclair (On Thursday, the body of a sophomore engineering student, William Sinclair, of Chevy Chase, Md., was recovered from the rugged gorge more than 70 feet below the bridge, where the fierce waters of Fall Creek sluice through a narrow corridor. The body of Bradley Ginsburg, a freshman from Boca Raton, Fla., was found in the same vicinity on Feb. 17.) do we assume that this young man fell from the same spot that Bradley did even tho I don't know how he would have known the location?

Then 21-year-old Matthew Zika.
This article uses the word "exceptional" to describe him.
http://www.jconline.com/article/20100317/NEWS/3170339/Ex-Raider-falls-to-death-near-Cornell

Too sad and no one with answers.... was the driver who saw Matthew fall questioned? Did Matthew just decide to set down his jacket and back pack and oh well... ? How terribly sad.

I have also been reading a lot about the more recent death of Gregory Hart.

"23-year-old Greg Hart has not been seen in days. On Saturday night (March, 13), he went out with friends to the Red Room Bar in Providence, RI. He left at around 1:40 a.m. and hasn't been seen since."

The body of Gregory Hart, 23, was discovered yesterday(March,16) afternoon in the rain-swollen Woonasquatucket River.

"Family members called for answers last night, saying that Hart, a certified scuba diver, would not just disappear into the water."

"Hart's wallet, his license, and his iPhone were found on his body, which was mostly submerged in the fast-moving river, Lt. George Stamatakos said Wednesday morning. During the three-day search, the police and AT&T had repeatedly tried to "ping" the cell phone to locate Hart, but were unsuccessful, Stamatakos said.

"Hart had been out at the Red Room nightclub with three other friends whom he knew from the University of Massachusetts Amherst late Saturday night and was last seen by them inside the nightclub a little before its 2 a.m. closing, Stamatakos said.

"One friend told the police that he went to IHOP restaurant at 45 Pleasant Valley Parkway, where the friends often went after leaving the nightclub, Stamatakos said. The other couple went back to their apartment on Eaton Street. Hart's car was still parked there, but the young man was not seen again."
http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/03/police-investigating-death-of.html

I have also been reading a lot about the more recent death of Gregory Hart.

"23-year-old Greg Hart has not been seen in days. On Saturday night (March, 13), he went out with friends to the Red Room Bar in Providence, RI. He left at around 1:40 a.m. and hasn't been seen since."

The body of Gregory Hart, 23, was discovered yesterday(March,16) afternoon in the rain-swollen Woonasquatucket River.

"Family members called for answers last night, saying that Hart, a certified scuba diver, would not just disappear into the water."

"Hart's wallet, his license, and his iPhone were found on his body, which was mostly submerged in the fast-moving river, Lt. George Stamatakos said Wednesday morning. During the three-day search, the police and AT&T had repeatedly tried to "ping" the cell phone to locate Hart, but were unsuccessful, Stamatakos said.

"Hart had been out at the Red Room nightclub with three other friends whom he knew from the University of Massachusetts Amherst late Saturday night and was last seen by them inside the nightclub a little before its 2 a.m. closing, Stamatakos said.

"One friend told the police that he went to IHOP restaurant at 45 Pleasant Valley Parkway, where the friends often went after leaving the nightclub, Stamatakos said. The other couple went back to their apartment on Eaton Street. Hart's car was still parked there, but the young man was not seen again."
http://newsblog.projo.com/2010/03/police-investigating-death-of.html

Cherish, Thank you for all your insight and hard work.

While delving into these murders a bit last evening I came across a post from a guy who years ago had been on campus at UofM. He recalled how two guys just came up behind him and slammed him to the ground. The eerie part was the one guy's face. The grin he had. The guy said it was haunting. Just pure evil. He reported it and nobody took him serious.

Well years later on another campus lo and behold he said there he was. The grinning man that slammed him. The man stared him down with the grin on his face.

I'll try and locate that. It may be nothing, but then again it could be important.

This is just all too sad. Sad. It's reminding me of two seperate University Of Pennsylvania students who were found drowned. No note. No depression. Looking forward to plans made. Ruling suicide. Thank you again, Cherish.

Cherish, Thank you for all your insight and hard work.

While delving into these murders a bit last evening I came across a post from a guy who years ago had been on campus at UofM. He recalled how two guys just came up behind him and slammed him to the ground. The eerie part was the one guy's face. The grin he had. The guy said it was haunting. Just pure evil. He reported it and nobody took him serious.

Well years later on another campus lo and behold he said there he was. The grinning man that slammed him. The man stared him down with the grin on his face.

I'll try and locate that. It may be nothing, but then again it could be important.

This is just all too sad. Sad. It's reminding me of two seperate University Of Pennsylvania students who were found drowned. No note. No depression. Looking forward to plans made. Ruling suicide. Thank you again, Cherish.

And don't forget about the guy who "woke up" in the fast moving river after being out at a bar. He had no memory and no idea of how he got to the river but was able to make it to shore and to the hospital. Last thing he remembered was leaving the bar walking......

Here's something to think about.... I recently read somewhere on another site about school records being stolen... possibly as a means, by which the people who are drowning these students, can access personal information.

Look what I just found!!!

Data Theft Stings Student Loan Guarantor

March 30, 2010
By Larry Barrett

Officials at Educational Credit Management Corp. (ECMC), a nonprofit guarantor of federal student loans, is advising more than 3.3 million borrowers that their personal information was likely exposed last week after someone made off with a portable media device.

St. Paul, Minn.-based ECMC broke the bad news on its Web site, saying that theft took place sometime during the weekend of March 21 and 22. The compromised data included names, addresses, social security numbers and birth dates of more than 3.3 million, or roughly 5 percent of all students who took out almost 9 million loans in the past year.

http://www.esecurityplanet.com/feat.../Data-Theft-Stings-Student-Loan-Guarantor.htm

I don't know if the portable media device was stolen in St. Paul, MN but all the information on it is .

shortened
Hi Filly, I am so frustrated with the information about the recent deaths in Ithaca. The news articles are vague because there is no information about the rulings of the incidents, and so many of the comments left after the news articles are just people (residents) fuming about suicide and how it affects peoples views of the city, college,students etc..... were they suicide?

Then 21-year-old Matthew Zika.
This article uses the word "exceptional" to describe him.
http://www.jconline.com/article/20100317/NEWS/3170339/Ex-Raider-falls-to-death-near-Cornell

Too sad and no one with answers.... was the driver who saw Matthew fall questioned? Did Matthew just decide to set down his jacket and back pack and oh well... ? How terribly sad.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CORNELL_GORGE_DEATHS?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

Apr 7, 5:08 PM EDT
Police believe body is Cornell U. suicide victim

ITHACA, N.Y. (AP) -- Police in Ithaca, N.Y., say they believe they have found the body of a student who was among a rash of recent suicides at Cornell University.

Police say a body spotted Wednesday by a boater on Cayuga Lake has been tentatively identified as Matthew Zika, a 21-year-old junior from Lafayette, Ind.

Zika was seen jumping March 12 from a bridge into one of the gorges bounding the Ivy League campus, but his body was never found. Waters in the gorge empty into Cayuga Lake.

Cornell officials say six students have committed suicide this academic year, including three who jumped off bridges.

The school has long been haunted by a reputation for suicides. Cornell maintains its suicide rate over time is normal for colleges.

Every time I read about this case it gives me chills. I don't understand why it isn't being taken more seriously!

A lot of times suicidal people will show no warning, even appear happy prior to killing themselves.

Some of these cases though, especially those involving individuals who have been at a bar prior to their deaths or near death, are very suspect.
It's as if the possible murders are easy to pass off (and are passed off as suicides). Probably something Satanic behind, with water being used as a conduit..

With the huge amount of cases like this, its best to focus on the areas where clusters occur.
While Ithaca seems to have a high suicide rate, someone had seen Zika actually jump.

My prayers to the families of these kids who are in distress and think suicide is a way out, it's very sad..

Mysterygirl, the story about the grinning man is scary! I wonder if he's involved in any of these "groups"...

So many interesting things people are pointing out, kudos to everyone. cherish is there more info on that possible survivor?

Does any one have a list of drownings/suspicious bodies found in Virginia?

I know there is a current VCU student missing, belongings found by the James River (Jonathan Dorey) I can think of a guy who was found in a water way connected to the James River a couple years ago but I can't find a link.

I've always been suspicious of the tons of "accidental drowning" incidents that are written off as such. I've always thought something was fishy and people use it as a way to cover up a crime. Can forensics see if the person died from actual drowning as opposed to asphyxiation prior to being submerged in water or does water seep in anyway even if not inhaled from actual drowning? Do stun gun tasers usually not leave marks? I imagine if needles or drugs/poison are involved it isn't tested for in all these "drowning" cases. If being drunk is blamed are these peoples blood alcohol level tested?

I came across this site and the smiley face murders theory by accident but it confirmed feelings I had about the numerous "drownings".

I wanted to throw this stuff out here, I see this is focused around young white college men, could the reason for it being a lot of college males leaving parties and bars be this smiley face group consists of current college students/frat members/alumni (connected nationwide by some group allegiance and or internet)? Could they possibly be doing this to more than just college aged white men leaving parties and bars and look for opportunities elsewhere when possible?

I say this because I don't want people to over look the other shady drownings like recently here in Virginia within days of each other two older men (Ferdinand Nathaniel Jr., Ernest Gay Brooker Jr.) were found in rivers with their cars on bridges. Also a missing woman (Kelly Catalano) was found in the river recently. Also in search I found tons of "accidental drownings" nationwide and in Canada and not every one was fitting this college aged drunken white male description but they still seem suspicious in a lot cases but are still written off as nothing.

For instance the case of Oil Executive Douglas Schantz found in the Mississippi River after leaving a bar, fits part of the scenario but he is much older although some what younger looking. Another instance is this case of 29 year old William Henry Blankenship "last seen at the southern West Virginia Community and Technical College Campus in Williamson." found in the Tug Fork of the Big Sandy River.

I just wanted to have an open mind about it and not be stuck on only white college students who are drunk and found drowned being that is what mainly ties the "isolated" incidents together. Like I said maybe the bulk of them are white college students because that is who is most accessible to them in their areas since the smiley faced gang are possibly college students/alumni themselves. The smiley faced gang if real can't make victims they would have to hunt out and wait for people to be alone, drunk or in a weakened state of some sort so I would think any one is game for them it's just the opportunity arises more so with drunken college guys.

One thing is for sure I wish LE would not be so willing to easily write off a lot of these nationwide "suicides/drownings" no matter the case, people are possibly getting away with "the perfect murder".

Sorry for my first post being an essay. Also are there more photos than just the one red smiley face? I am into Graffiti and would like to look at these so called names written and such. I seen the photos in the picture thread and the one red smiley face looks weird but the other photo of the graffiti tags look more like random kids graffiti with poor style and a smiley face added.

What I've found interesting is the "dry drowning" aspect of a few of these.

Hmm.........uh..........BIG RED FLAG.

I apologize for throwing this out there and not having more details to offer. I was hoping you guys could fill in the blanks.

To the best of my recollection the report went something like this:

A young man (in Ohio or Virginia??) was thrown from a bridge into a river by strangers and survived. The evening of the incident he was at a bar and drinking heavily, he met two guys at the bar whom he did not know previously. These guys offered him a ride home and during that ride they threw him off of a bridge. He survived the fall and reported that he didn't remember things leading up to them stopping the car and throwing him over. He claimed he did now know what provoked them to do this.

Does the above story sound familiar to anyone? If so, has anything come of the investigation and do you think it has any relevance to these young mens' deaths?

I apologize for throwing this out there and not having more details to offer. I was hoping you guys could fill in the blanks.

To the best of my recollection the report went something like this:

A young man (in Ohio or Virginia??) was thrown from a bridge into a river by strangers and survived. The evening of the incident he was at a bar and drinking heavily, he met two guys at the bar whom he did not know previously. These guys offered him a ride home and during that ride they threw him off of a bridge. He survived the fall and reported that he didn't remember things leading up to them stopping the car and throwing him over. He claimed he did now know what provoked them to do this.

Does the above story sound familiar to anyone? If so, has anything come of the investigation and do you think it has any relevance to these young mens' deaths?
Was this a year ago?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=178853

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties