Decomp smell **REVISIT**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In one of the interviews with TL, he mentions a black top/dress (?) and it seems as if he's trying to recall some outfit that KC was planning to wear that she later did not. As LE was on another line of questioning at the time or for whatever reason the topic didn't go any further. I wonder if there was a certain outfit that she got ready to go out with TL and ended up having to dispose of because she dumped Caylee on her way to TL's. Does anyone know if there was any further info about TL's recollection?
I looked through the interviews and didn't find any conversation where Tony goes further into the clothes Casey was wearing or had (black dress). I really believe there has to be more questions that were asked of Tony and either it's in something not yet released or was not part of the taped interviews.

I've personally never smelled decomp, but I can imagine how a smell like that would haunt someone forever. I can also imagine how one's mind can play tricks, and how hard it is to rid your recollection of some odors.

Years ago, I had a roommate with a cat that used to mark everything in the house. Even now, every once in awhile, I'll put on a shirt and think I smell cat urine. Even though my clothes haven't been around an animal in ages, and its obviously my mind playing tricks on me, I'll end up changing. It's weird how your mind does that... and I can't imagine what it would be like with something as horrific as human decomposition.

I like to imagine that KC started to smell that smell everywhere... especially since so much residue was left behind. I like to picture her frantically sniffing everything before wearing it ("oh no! Does my cute new black dress smell like it too now??"/ "ugh. I can't tell if these shoes smell or not!!"/ "oh no, not my favorite purse too!!"). However faint, I bet she started to pick up that odor on things all the time. And she can't exactly hand a pair of pants to Amy or someone and ask if they smell weird. I like to think of how much panic that was causing. KC - completely fueled by her own vanity - would absolutely die if she showed up at TL's and someone pointed out a horrible smell. I wonder how many clothes/belongings she ended up getting rid of because of that...

I think that this is part of the evidence the SA is not releasing because of the Sunshine Law's limitation that evidence that prevent the defendant from getting a fair trial can't be released. I think there this is no way that KC and/or her clothes didn't smell from decomp. She had to. There is every reason to believe, from GA, LA and even CA that the smell was overpowering enough to "smell like there's a dead body" in the car. IMHO, this is very strong evidence and would therefore not be released to the general public before the trial.

I think that this is part of the evidence the SA is not releasing because of the Sunshine Law's limitation that evidence that prevent the defendant from getting a fair trial can't be released. I think there this is no way that KC and/or her clothes didn't smell from decomp. She had to. There is every reason to believe, from GA, LA and even CA that the smell was overpowering enough to "smell like there's a dead body" in the car. IMHO, this is very strong evidence and would therefore not be released to the general public before the trial.

The information would have to be released to the defense, though, and if the defense didn't want it released to the general public, the defense would have to file a motion, which would show up in the docket. I haven't seen any such motion (or any order from the court), except regarding the jail video.

The information would have to be released to the defense, though, and if the defense didn't want it released to the general public, the defense would have to file a motion, which would show up in the docket. I haven't seen any such motion (or any order from the court), except regarding the jail video.

But---how long before trial does the state have to turn evi. over to defense? Can't they keep certain stuff back til say 1-2-3 mo before trial? What if the witness is ask on the stand? Does the state have to tell defense what questions they may ask at trial?

I've personally never smelled decomp, but I can imagine how a smell like that would haunt someone forever. I can also imagine how one's mind can play tricks, and how hard it is to rid your recollection of some odors.

Years ago, I had a roommate with a cat that used to mark everything in the house. Even now, every once in awhile, I'll put on a shirt and think I smell cat urine. Even though my clothes haven't been around an animal in ages, and its obviously my mind playing tricks on me, I'll end up changing. It's weird how your mind does that... and I can't imagine what it would be like with something as horrific as human decomposition.

I like to imagine that KC started to smell that smell everywhere... especially since so much residue was left behind. I like to picture her frantically sniffing everything before wearing it ("oh no! Does my cute new black dress smell like it too now??"/ "ugh. I can't tell if these shoes smell or not!!"/ "oh no, not my favorite purse too!!"). However faint, I bet she started to pick up that odor on things all the time. And she can't exactly hand a pair of pants to Amy or someone and ask if they smell weird. I like to think of how much panic that was causing. KC - completely fueled by her own vanity - would absolutely die if she showed up at TL's and someone pointed out a horrible smell. I wonder how many clothes/belongings she ended up getting rid of because of that...

Sociopaths don't feel guilt. So, they don't get haunted, like that.

I also, BTW, imagine that her HAIR soaked up some of that smell.

In turn, is the absence of a smell something the defense can go on, in conjunction with a "she could not have done it/someone with access to her car (JG) planted the body later" theory? TL did not notice the smell when putting gas in the car, or on her clothes that we know of.

I watched a video excerpt from Dr. G's show where she was saying that their clothes smelled horrible when they left work. I wonder if this is true of everyone in the air vicinity of the body, or only those who have handled the bodies....

Sociopaths don't feel guilt. So, they don't get haunted, like that.

I also, BTW, imagine that her HAIR soaked up some of that smell.

I don't think she was haunted by guilt... more like by the fear of being the gross smelly girl :)

Good point on the hair! I wonder how many washings it would take to get rid of that? It can take a few washings just to get cigarette smoke out of my hair... Good reason for her emergency shower at Jesse's perhaps?

But---how long before trial does the state have to turn evi. over to defense? Can't they keep certain stuff back til say 1-2-3 mo before trial? What if the witness is ask on the stand? Does the state have to tell defense what questions they may ask at trial?

The practical answer is that the State (and the judge) have to make sure everything is turned over to the defense in plenty of time for the defense to figure out how to deal with it. The State might be able to get away with turning over some minor things, preferably with a good excuse for the delay, a month before the trial, but a major piece of evidence turned over that late, with no good reason for the delay, would either not be permitted at trial or would result in another trial postponement.

No one has to tell anyone what specific questions they will ask the witnesses at trial.

How many "smellers" do we feel we have to have to put into evidence that Casey's car reeked of human decomposition? So far we have George, Cindy (at first blush before cover up set in with the pizza), Lee, the owner of the tow yard and several LE personnel. And then we have Casey, herself, feeling an overwhelming need to justify what had been causing the offensive odor (poor squirrel). Many of these people (including George and Cindy) are not first time "smellers" so their testimony should be weighty. And if that's not enough we have the super new sniff analyzer that the forensic people have used . . . Why should we or the jury worry about whether or not anyone smelled it on Casey? We have enough proof with all the other peoples' statements that it was there. It only follows logic that Casey was driving that stinky car (and we have never, never heard that anyone else ever drove it) and she probably at one point carried a bit of the odor with her as well. If she happened to luck out that no one noticed it on her then all that proves is that she had good timing and took lots of showers. I don't think it would add any more proof to the state's case if anyone testified that she did carry the smell. She would have claimed that it came from the squirrel anyway. I don't think we have to worry about proving anything more, do you? moo

In one of the interviews with TL, he mentions a black top/dress (?) and it seems as if he's trying to recall some outfit that KC was planning to wear that she later did not. As LE was on another line of questioning at the time or for whatever reason the topic didn't go any further. I wonder if there was a certain outfit that she got ready to go out with TL and ended up having to dispose of because she dumped Caylee on her way to TL's. Does anyone know if there was any further info about TL's recollection?

Don't know if this answers your question, but a few weeks ago when rereading the Nate interview, I came across some information that was new to me and I am carrying this over from my post on the June 20 ping thread, From Nate's interview with LE,
"So she changed. At that point she had like a skirt in her car or something. So she changed into that blue outfit at that point. Based at the realization that hey, I’m about to get on stage and do some dancing she did proceed to pound some shots and some drinks before she got up on stage to I think."
So June 20, the night of the hot body contest, KC goes out to her car to change from one outfit into the infamous blue dress. Maybe she just wanted to feel sexier for the hot body contest or maybe she couldn't feel too sexy in clothes that might have reeked of decomp. Just a thought...:eek:

Here is a very informative article on the exceptions to the "sunshine laws". After reading this, I am almost certain there is a lot more evidence that we have not seen yet and won't until trial.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...1/the-evidence-yoursquore-not-allowed-to-see/

The Evidence You’re Not Allowed to See

by Wendy Murphy

BS Top - Murphy Caylee Anthony AP Photo Because of Florida’s ironically named “Sunshine Law,” we may not get to see the very evidence that could convict Casey Anthony of murdering her daughter.

A Florida judge released the autopsy of murder victim Caylee Anthony on Friday. Her grandparents, George and Cindy, had asked the judge not to release the report until trial, claiming it would cause the family "great anguish." (I'm wondering why they didn't max out on anguish when they learned the child was dead.) Maybe the "anguish" claim is cover for a different strategy: keeping the autopsy from the public so the Anthonys could continue their charade of stories about how a mystery "nanny" person kidnapped the child. Now that the autopsy has been released, we can finally be certain the "missing child" nonsense was a distraction.

Reading news stories about the evidence through the lens of the law's exceptions, with a particular understanding of how the law hides information, offers a much clearer view of the case.

Here's why. See more at link above.

In turn, is the absence of a smell something the defense can go on, in conjunction with a "she could not have done it/someone with access to her car (JG) planted the body later" theory? TL did not notice the smell when putting gas in the car, or on her clothes that we know of.

I watched a video excerpt from Dr. G's show where she was saying that their clothes smelled horrible when they left work. I wonder if this is true of everyone in the air vicinity of the body, or only those who have handled the bodies....

I thought TL said she didn't let allow him close to the car?

How many "smellers" do we feel we have to have to put into evidence that Casey's car reeked of human decomposition? So far we have George, Cindy (at first blush before cover up set in with the pizza), Lee, the owner of the tow yard and several LE personnel. And then we have Casey, herself, feeling an overwhelming need to justify what had been causing the offensive odor (poor squirrel). Many of these people (including George and Cindy) are not first time "smellers" so their testimony should be weighty. And if that's not enough we have the super new sniff analyzer that the forensic people have used . . . Why should we or the jury worry about whether or not anyone smelled it on Casey? We have enough proof with all the other peoples' statements that it was there. It only follows logic that Casey was driving that stinky car (and we have never, never heard that anyone else ever drove it) and she probably at one point carried a bit of the odor with her as well. If she happened to luck out that no one noticed it on her then all that proves is that she had good timing and took lots of showers. I don't think it would add any more proof to the state's case if anyone testified that she did carry the smell. She would have claimed that it came from the squirrel anyway. I don't think we have to worry about proving anything more, do you? moo

POTD!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I looked through the interviews and didn't find any conversation where Tony goes further into the clothes Casey was wearing or had (black dress). I really believe there has to be more questions that were asked of Tony and either it's in something not yet released or was not part of the taped interviews.
I do not have the link, but there was a "undiscovered" interview that JWG started a thread about a while back and in that interview Tony was discussing the black dress. He saw photos that were released on Fox and he recognized or said he "KNEW" that dress. That was what all the black dress discussion stemmed from.:)

Tony did not actually put the gas in her car. He states that she was adamant that SHE be the one to actually do the filling with the cans. He handed her the cans but she did the pouring.
I thought TL said she didn't let allow him close to the car?
Right you are Brini...right you are!:blowkiss:

My company makes decomp a scent. I don't know if we make anything except the human variety.(I'm sure I could find this out)
Anyway, the computer systems in the areas where this happens have to be installed in a "box" filled with nitrogen. They attempt to keep the smell from entering the computer equipment. If something breaks, it can't be shipped for repairs or replacement if the nitrogen system fails. The shipper and manufacture have refused the equipment due to the smell contamination of nearby items. Don't know that I blame them, since we use commmon delivery companies gramdma's cookies or johnny's b-day present would.arrive smelling like death.
If anyone has specific scent questions I will try to locate the scientist that developed this project(if they still work here---stupid economy!) These guys are 99.9 percent of the time Phd chemists and LOVE any interest. Nice lunchtime talk! (Says with a krinkley nose face)

My company makes decomp a scent. I don't know if we make anything except the human variety.(I'm sure I could find this out)
Anyway, the computer systems in the areas where this happens have to be installed in a "box" filled with nitrogen. They attempt to keep the smell from entering the computer equipment. If something breaks, it can't be shipped for repairs or replacement if the nitrogen system fails. The shipper and manufacture have refused the equipment due to the smell contamination of nearby items. Don't know that I blame them, since we use commmon delivery companies gramdma's cookies or johnny's b-day present would.arrive smelling like death.
If anyone has specific scent questions I will try to locate the scientist that developed this project(if they still work here---stupid economy!) These guys are 99.9 percent of the time Phd chemists and LOVE any interest. Nice lunchtime talk! (Says with a krinkley nose face)
Hi! When you say your company makes "decomp a scent" do you mean they make something that someone would buy that smells like human decomposition? What would be the uses of that? I mean, where/how do you distribute that?

Hi! When you say your company makes "decomp a scent" do you mean they make something that someone would buy that smells like human decomposition? What would be the uses of that? I mean, where/how do you distribute that?

Synthetic decomp scent is used to train cadaver dogs. I don't know what the other uses for it would be.

There is obviously so much LE is holding back because I've looked at the pictures from the search warrants and I cannot find any piece of KC's clothing that I recognize from the countless photos she took of herself partying or the surveillance videos from BB or the bank or Target. Where are these clothes? The outfit that drives me the most crazy is the shirts/shorts/shoes/do rag she has on in the BB video from the 16th. Was that what she wore when she murdered Caylee? Is Caylee's body fluids on them? Something would have to be on those clothes/shoes, right? Again, where are these clothes? I pray to God LE has them. JMO

I do not have the link, but there was a "undiscovered" interview that JWG started a thread about a while back and in that interview Tony was discussing the black dress. He saw photos that were released on Fox and he recognized or said he "KNEW" that dress. That was what all the black dress discussion stemmed from.:)

Clipped your post magic-cat----doogiesgirl (above bolded by me)

I remember that interview also. He said that he thought he remembered KC showing him a black dress with silver things on the side of it. She was considering wearing it to Fusion one night but didn't, I think. He said he saw pics that Fox showed on the news of searchers finding clothes somewhere and he thought he saw that dress in one of the pics. We could never find it though could we? We found a black shirt but it didn't have the silver things on the side did it? I think after that interview LE pulled those pics from Fox News. Don't you? I wonder if KC got rid of those clothes b/c they smelled of decomp? JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back