Decomp smell **REVISIT**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to know why George did not smell the decomp when Casey drove the car home and he got his gas cans backs. When was that? June 24th? or June 25? If there was no smell then, that means Casey later picked up Caylee, right? If something happened to Caylee on June 16th and she was in the trunk and the car smelled on July 14/15th, then the car had to smell even stronger on June 24th. So, why isn't this noted?

Or maybe this ties into the July 9th typo issue? Maybe Caylee did go to the airport with Casey and Amy on July 8th and she was fine then and everything happened after that date?

Does not make sense that the car would not smell on June 24th, but would smell on July 14/15th. Either something happened between the 2 dates or George knows more than he is saying.

Just my opinion,

Salem

Actually, thinking more about this: If the car did not smell on June 24th and was abandoned on June 27th, it must have smelled then? Car smelled on July 15th when George brought it home. So was Caylee moved sometime between June 24th and the 27th? Perhaps on the morning of the 27th before she abandoned the car? How long would the body have had to be in the car for the smell to permeate and last until July 15th?

Salem

Last summer we were having a heat wave and thought what a swell idea it would be to move during this time.
We had a friend helping us and one of the last things to get moved out of our old house was the refridgerator. We had a 10 lb pork loin in there that was vaccum sealed. The pork loin was too big to fit in the ice chest with all the other stuff so the friend sat it on the seat of my MIL's truck, then unknowingly piled clothes on top of it.
We left the stuff inside the truck for the weekend since it was "only" clothes, or so we thought.
All weekend long I kept wiffing an awful smell, and thought that there must be a dead animal under the house. I kept making my husband look for a dead cat or skunk under the house. He never found one.
End of the weekend, I got in my MIL's truck to move it and the smell hit me in the face so hard that I ralphed. The pork loin had exploded its vacuum sealed wrapper and leaked all over her seat and clothes and permeated the enitre truck.
We cleaned that truck countless number of times and used all kinds of enzyme killers and nothing worked. My MIL ended up having to trade in the truck because any time it got hot again, the smell creeped back up.

Actually, thinking more about this: If the car did not smell on June 24th and was abandoned on June 27th, it must have smelled then? Car smelled on July 15th when George brought it home. So was Caylee moved sometime between June 24th and the 27th? Perhaps on the morning of the 27th before she abandoned the car? How long would the body have had to be in the car for the smell to permeate and last until July 15th?

Salem
I have been thinking alot about this also-I think Caylee might have been in a plastic bag, in the trunk-maybe since Casey did not want George to go back there so badly, maybe he did see the hefty bag but did not think anything then. If he did, he might have asked and she might have lied and said it was trash and she was on her way to throw it out and forgot about it. Maybe time elapsed from him saying he wanted to "get the wedge (or whatever he referred to)" out of the car. Phone call, bathroom etc. Maybe Casey quickly ran out and moved the bag real quick to the back yard (dog hits) and then put it back OR just covered it real quick with some of her clothes or other bags and then had to finally get rid of it after that. Perhaps the bag split when she moved it and created the more permeating smell later.
She seems the type to make sure to get a bag of trash and put it in the trunk, to look like it was the truth, and CHA. Doesn't seem like she wanted the clothes and boots she left anymore- the ones that "smelled like the car"-
OR she might have picked up the bag from whatever temporary hiding place right after seeing George-he asked her where is Caylee-She might have realized she needed to do something different with the remains at this point and moved the leaking bag, not knowing it was leaking.

The two big trash bins off to the left of the Amscot place scare me.

Worse than that is the thought that the "bag" might have been in the trunk when George picked up the car and maybe he dutifully took "that trash out" of the "car that Casey forgot to". I don't think he would have non chalantly put the "trash" that had been sitting in a trunk for 2 weeks in their personal garbage and conveniently hand the bag to the detectives the next day when they ask for it...? He probably would have dropped it in a dumpster somewhere, perhaps still not realizing what it was or what was going on. There is a reason why he called Lee and said I am worried about Cindy. He knew it would only go downhill from there and the lil one was her treasure, her pride and joy.

Someone at sometime felt like the car needed arm&hammer for some reason.

"I want to know why George did not smell the decomp when Casey drove the car home and he got his gas cans backs. When was that? June 24th? or June 25? If there was no smell then, that means Casey later picked up Caylee, right? If something happened to Caylee on June 16th and she was in the trunk and the car smelled on July 14/15th, then the car had to smell even stronger on June 24th. So, why isn't this noted?"

Does anyone remember WHY Casey was at the house on the 24th in the first place?

snipped

According to GA's story, she was there to pick up more clothes.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. So as best you can tell, it happened between the 22nd and the 24th. someone broke in there.
GEORGE ANTHONY: Uh-huh.
That's when I saw my daughter. I was getting ready to go to work, and the garage door goes open and my daughter comes in. This is about 2:25, 2:30 in the afternoon on the 24th. As she comes in the house, and I said, Hey, how're you doing? And she says, Fine, Dad. I says, Well, what's going on? And she says, Oh, I'm just stopping home for about 10 minutes, get some clothes. I go to go back to work. Where's Caylee? She's with Zanny. And I said, OK, when are you guys coming home? She says, Oh, we'll be back home maybe late tonight or the next day.
I said, OK. Have you been talking to Mom? Oh, yes, I talk to Mom every day. I said, I know, but did you talk to Mom today? She sort of hesitated for a moment and she says, Yes. And she says, Oh, by the way, it's a shame what happened in the shed. And I said...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,398490,00.html?sPage=fnc/ontherecord/caylee

"I want to know why George did not smell the decomp when Casey drove the car home and he got his gas cans backs. When was that? June 24th? or June 25? If there was no smell then, that means Casey later picked up Caylee, right? If something happened to Caylee on June 16th and she was in the trunk and the car smelled on July 14/15th, then the car had to smell even stronger on June 24th. So, why isn't this noted?"

The bigger question is why didn't the police officers or detectives notice the smell,note it in the police report or investigate it on July 15?
At the bond hearing the detective said that after they checked out casey's untrue stories on the 15-16th, they remembered that someone mentioned something about a smell so they went to investigate on the 17th. George and Cindy handed the car over that day.
So did it smell like human decomp to the responding officers on the 15th or not?

So.... acccording to our timeline - there is no way that car did not smell on June 24th, when George got the tool out of the trunk.

Casey, as chizap pointed, may have moved the bag to the back yard. BUT George is ex-LE. He knows decomp smell. Even if the bag was removed, George would have smelled it. So why didn't he? Or did he? Or was Casey in the back yard all this time and after George got the gas cans and the tool, Casey put Caylee in the trunk and drove her around until the 27th when she abandoned the car.

I think the smell question on June 24th has to be answered in order to establish the timeline for Caylee. Unless it was not Caylee in that trunk.

I think the police did not investigate it right away on July 15th because they were sidetracked by taking the missing report and trying to track down the baby. I think it is "safe" to assume that the family did not dwell on the smell in the car when they were explaining that Caylee was missing. The tow company employees may have smelled it, and just didn't know what the smell was. The employees should definitely be interviewed because they had the car for two weeks before George picked it up.

Salem

So.... acccording to our timeline - there is no way that car did not smell on June 24th, when George got the tool out of the trunk.

Casey, as chizap pointed, may have moved the bag to the back yard. BUT George is ex-LE. He knows decomp smell. Even if the bag was removed, George would have smelled it. So why didn't he? Or did he? Or was Casey in the back yard all this time and after George got the gas cans and the tool, Casey put Caylee in the trunk and drove her around until the 27th when she abandoned the car.

I think the smell question on June 24th has to be answered in order to establish the timeline for Caylee. Unless it was not Caylee in that trunk.

I think the police did not investigate it right away on July 15th because they were sidetracked by taking the missing report and trying to track down the baby. I think it is "safe" to assume that the family did not dwell on the smell in the car when they were explaining that Caylee was missing. The tow company employees may have smelled it, and just didn't know what the smell was. The employees should definitely be interviewed because they had the car for two weeks before George picked it up.

Salem
I'm just surprised that a trained officer did not identify the smell and act on it immediately when he went into the car and retrieved the phone number on the paper. I understand a smell like that is overwhelming and unmistakeable. Maybe it wasn't that impressive after all.
Not sure how LE gets sidetracked when they investigating a missing baby and the car she was last in has a reported decomp smell?!

Doesn't add up.

I agree that it is strange that the LE did not smell the decomp, especially if they entered the car to get the phone number. I thought Cindy did that?

I think they got sidetracked because the officers went to the Anthony home and talked to Casey, Lee and Cindy. At that point, Casey was saying she knew who had Caylee. I think LE made it a priority to find Caylee. Hence, the driving around Orlando, going to Universal, etc. that ended up in Casey's arrest. I think once they had processed Casey, sat down to read the paperwork and work up their report, they again were reminded that there might be evidence of foul play in the car. Up to that point, I think that LE thought they would have Caylee back in a matter of hours, until they realized that "Ms. Anthony and the truth are stangers." So, I don't think it was deliberate, just a matter of priorities on LE's part.

But that brings me back to June 24th? Was the smell in the car on that day?

Did the car "air out" from June 17th to July 16th? Or did the car "air out" from June 27th to July 16th? This is a 10 day difference. To me, that's alot. Also, it goes to what George knew and when. Personally, I don't think the car smelled on June 24th, which means to me, that Casey moved Caylee sometime between June 24th and June 27th when she abandoned that "dam* car".

Salem

Sorry if this was brought up before, however, If there were maggots/flies that were in the car they can easily be tested to see what they have been feeding on. I wonder if they have been sent for evidence as well.

On the other hand though wasn't it George who took the trash out of the car?? So how do we know that the trash that George gave to LE was REALLY in the car? hummm...

I believe that Casey ditched her car at Amscot the DAY she put Caylee in one of the retention ponds at Blanchard Park. I've been having this feeling the whole time, right when the case broke. I wish I had the money and tools to drain all the damn water there.

From document reading:
Man at towing yard said car smelled and George agreed
But LE never in the report said they smelled anything.

Salem

they did notice a smell . . . please read pdf #2 (56 of 171)

How long does it take a body to really start to smell?

I'm wondering if her parents smelled it when they picked the car up and LE smelled it when they searched...how long was the body in and out of the car?
Seriously, if it was in the trunk for a few hours(driving to an alternate location)...could it smell that bad and can the smell linger for weeks? Seriously, why would the smell be there 3 weeks to a month after the fact?

IN FL, in high summer, it could get ripe pretty fast. Within hours, certainly. And, yes, it cold linger for a long time. Including a month, or more, after the fact.

I'm a nurse, BTW. So is Cindy, so she damned well knows the smell wasn't from pizza.

The smell in the car might smell like a rotting animal carcass, to humans. Bu, the dogs would not be fooled.

I think George was lying when he told the story about the Gas Cans on the 24th. I think he was covering for Casey. He can now testify that "he was in that trunk on the 24th & there was no smell"

It's also possible that Casey removed the Body from the Backyard after George left for work on the 24th.

imo

On the Caylee is mising MS page can anyone make this scrolling stop to see the individual pics or does someone reacall having these individual photos? I would like to see the one with Caylee wearing a white shirt and a red bead necklace. It looks like a phone and keys on the counter behind her, and I'm trying to see if it is two different phones together with the keys. If you see this photo elsewhere as a still please direct me there. Thanks

I too think G.A. might be lying about what smelled in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back