Decomp smell **REVISIT**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that Casey ditched her car at Amscot the DAY she put Caylee in one of the retention ponds at Blanchard Park. I've been having this feeling the whole time, right when the case broke. I wish I had the money and tools to drain all the damn water there.

I agree with you 100% !
From day 1 I have strongly felt that she is at the park. It was mentioned 3 x's in the 400 pg. documents.

I have passed this tip on 2 x's to LE. I think it is worthy of further exploration. She just may be at Blanchard Park. It was her favorite place, so Casey said.

And when was the car picked up from impound?

Caylee was last seen on June 16th.
Flurry of calls on the 16th and 18th of June.
Car left at Amscot parking lot on the 27th of June. No report of smell from Amscot employees
Car towed on June 30th. Tow driver did not smell anything due to a "cold"
Cindy and George get notification that car at the Towing co. Cindy first realizes that Casey has NOT been on a trip for past 2 weeks. Tow company OWNER.. said car smelled like another car he had brought in where a man committed suicide. C, G and Tow co owner open the trunk and pull out a bag that had pizza, cleaning fluid and maggots. Tow co owner threw bag in dumpster.

I think a body would smell in 1 day (like meat in a package) if in the trunk of a car.
I do not think she "drove around" with the body in the car.
Tony evidently picked her up there when her car ran out of gas.
I would think either Tony or the Amscot employee would have smelled something coming from the car.

You might want to read the 400 pgs of the police documents to get up to speed.

Why did the owner of the Towing company not contact the police about the smell. Any normal citizen would report something such as that to police. Expecailly someone who owns a company that hauls abandoned and random vehicles to their property constantly. Anyone have any thoughts about it????????

I have wonder this as well... I would think of the tow co owner knew what a dead body smelled like (found in 400 pg docs) then he would have reported that to the police.
I also wonder why (even though he has 10 days to notify) WHY did he not notify Cindy Anthony by lets say the 5th of June.. or by the 10th of June. Why 16 days later was the Anthony's notified that the car was at the tow yard???

I have wonder this as well... I would think of the tow co owner knew what a dead body smelled like (found in 400 pg docs) then he would have reported that to the police.
I also wonder why (even though he has 10 days to notify) WHY did he not notify Cindy Anthony by lets say the 5th of June.. or by the 10th of June. Why 16 days later was the Anthony's notified that the car was at the tow yard???

Was he about to gain possesion of the vehicle? If someone does not claim the car does he get to keep car and make a profit? Why did he have the title for the car already? Maybe he thought he would get to keep the car so he threw the body in the dumpster.

The car was towed on June 30. When no one inquired about the car, the tow yard sent a registered letter to the Anthony's. They were not around to sign for the letter, so the letter went back to the PO and was unclaimed until the 15th. So he did notify them sooner than the 15th, they just didn't know it.

Was he about to gain possesion of the vehicle? If someone does not claim the car does he get to keep car and make a profit? Why did he have the title for the car already? Maybe he thought he would get to keep the car so he threw the body in the dumpster.
George had to bring the title and registration to prove ownership and get the car.

After reading the documents I got the impression that the Tow Truck driver towed the car & dropped it off at the Tow Yard.

He didn't smell anything because but had a cold.

When GA went to pick up the car he opened the trunk in front of the Tow Yard owner.

That's when the smell "hit" them.

I'm getting the feeling that the smell was not so over powering that it could not be smelled from 20 yards away for example but if you were IN the car or standing NEXT TO the open trunk then you would definitely smell it.

That would explain why the people at Amscot did not smell anything.

It's not like a body was IN the trunk when the car was at Amscot & the tow yard because Casey had already disposed of it.....

Also, the Tow Yard could be very large & the Anthony car could have been parked 100 yards away from the office - maybe thats why he didn't smell anything.

One last thing -Tow Yards don't go looking for the owners of the cars they tow. They expect you to find them. Most parking lots have signs that say who the towing company is for that particular lot. After Casey's car was sitting in the tow yard unclaimed for 2 weeks the owner most likely followed Florida law on contacting the owner of an unclaimed car.

All of this is just my opinion

an ex-bf of mine worked for a towing company. they ended up dealing with a car in which someone had committed suicide a few days before. the person's body had been in the car for several days...hot days. The people driving the tow truck could hardly stand it, and they were in an air-conditioned cab with the towed cars windows rolled up.

When they arrived at the police impound lot, they were instructed to take the car as far away as the building as possible. My bf said you could could hardly still hardly stand to breathe the air.

It was that bad.

so was this your ex-boyfriend who worked at the tow yard that picked up casey's car? the tow guy there said the same thing about picking up a car someone had commited suicide in and who had sat in it for days. He said the smell was bad and that casey's car reminded him of that other car. is this your ex-bf?

The car was towed on June 30. When no one inquired about the car, the tow yard sent a registered letter to the Anthony's. They were not around to sign for the letter, so the letter went back to the PO and was unclaimed until the 15th. So he did notify them sooner than the 15th, they just didn't know it.

Thanks for clearing that up. Is this in any documentation like the 400 pgs of docs? I must have missed it.

I do not think the body was in the car when it went to the tow yard. Evidently JBean stated that a certified letter was sent to the Anthony's and not claimed it went back to the PO and then they picked up the letter on the 15th.

Was that car really worth keeping? Isn't it about 10 years old?

I have a question about decomp (human) smell. Just recently there was a dead racoon in the complex where I live. OMG that smell was horrible. It laid out in the hot sun for two days, and I could not walk my dogs within 200 feet without having that smell hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone finally removed the dead animal on the 3rd or 4th day, but the smell is still there. In the grass I guess where it lay. Not as strong, but still there.

Is the smell of a dead body like that? Worse?

so was this your ex-boyfriend who worked at the tow yard that picked up casey's car? the tow guy there said the same thing about picking up a car someone had commited suicide in and who had sat in it for days. He said the smell was bad and that casey's car reminded him of that other car. is this your ex-bf?

No, my ex-bf had nothing to do with this case. We live in Nebraska. I was just pointing out that the smell was so horrible in that particular situation because the body was so decomposed at that point. But it had only been a few days.

I'm guessing Caylee was in Casey's trunk long enough to start smelling pretty bad when you were in the car, and probably when the doors were opened. That stench stays forever. The smell probably intensified while the care was sitting there...maybe because decomp fluid was still in the trunk.

A good family frind of ours knew someone who also worked on a car lot. similar situation with a guy who comitted suicide. The towing company ended up posessing the car because no one claimed it. They stripped the whole interior down to the metal, and they still couldn't sell the car because it smelled so darn bad when you were inside with the windows rolled up.

Very possible....But, I see just George being involved in the disposal. The reason for his quietness?..Maybe his reason for pointing out the gas cans on June 24th...("Caylee was not in car")

I've read that some people think that george may have had something to do with the disposal but I recall seeing that he told LE that he was worried his daughter was witholding info or possibly lying? To me, that gave me the impression that he wasn't involved. jmo.

I have a question about decomp (human) smell. Just recently there was a dead racoon in the complex where I live. OMG that smell was horrible. It laid out in the hot sun for two days, and I could not walk my dogs within 200 feet without having that smell hit me like a ton of bricks. Someone finally removed the dead animal on the 3rd or 4th day, but the smell is still there. In the grass I guess where it lay. Not as strong, but still there.

I've never smelled human decomp (i turned down the opportunity to when my ex-bf told me about the car they towed). But I imagine it has to smell thousands of times worse...bigger body,etc.

On you-tube, there is a video where a whale beached itself and died and started rotting. Whatever group was trying to remove it apparently thought it was a good idea to use dynomite to reduce the whale's body to manageable sizes for removal. It exploded...and dead whale parts fell on people. I can't imagine the smell of THAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvha8N3a28U

People have said the smell is 'even worse' than a dead (small) animal...hard to imagine and I don't even want to! I'm thinking an entire Hazmat outfit, fitted with special O2 breathing apparatus might be needed to be able to deal with such a mess as what is described in some posts about the state of vehicles. I don't know how anyone could stand it otherwise.

The only thing I've ever smelled was dead skunk, whilst driving on a trip and you know how THAT smell permeates for about 1/2 mi and more. UGH.

According to my DH who is a funeral director the smell of a dead body is much worse than that of an animal. He said that it is the most horiffic smell that he has ever encountered and that he will never forget it.

According to my DH who is a funeral director the smell of a dead body is much worse than that of an animal. He said that it is the most horiffic smell that he has ever encountered and that he will never forget it.

:eek:

So then how *do* pathologists and funeral home employees deal with it as it must be quite common in their everyday lives?

People have said the smell is 'even worse' than a dead (small) animal...hard to imagine and I don't even want to! I'm thinking an entire Hazmat outfit, fitted with special O2 breathing apparatus might be needed to be able to deal with such a mess as what is described in some posts about the state of vehicles. I don't know how anyone could stand it otherwise.

The only thing I've ever smelled was dead skunk, whilst driving on a trip and you know how THAT smell permeates for about 1/2 mi and more. UGH.

We are in the Seattle area, and one of the island area farmers evidently lost a cow in the sound, she washed up on shore at the local offleash dog park this summer. It was the most rancid smell I have ever encountered. Didn't eat meat for weeks after that.

Though it was an interesting encounter with eyewitness information and its reliablity. We were told by two people that a huge sea lion had washed up, and then my favorite was a girl who told us it was some sort of sealife but with a huge horn (it was a hoof at an odd angle).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back